Aldo Turns Down Rematch Against McGregor

I'll stop pointing out what you did when you stop keyboard warrior'ing to the 9,000th degree.

Think back to your old salty tears in retrospect and realize that the standards you hold to men who fight for a living are higher than you hold for yourself.

I think you could actually apply this to your real life. I hold out hope for you, man. It'll be okay. Everyone is a hypocrite now and then.
Not really. I'm a big fan of MMA and I was sad for my favorite fighter after a horrible loss, and got over it. I don't think you can deny that most of the shit I say about fighters are 100% true. I'm not going to be transparent about it.. I'm telling it exactly how it is. People can't accept it either because they are extremely biased, or lying to themselves altogether. It's sad the amount of delusion a lot of these hardcore fans have towards fighters or related situations.

Not really. I'm a big fan of MMA and I was sad for my favorite fighter after a horrible loss, and got over it. I don't think you can deny that most of the shit I say about fighters are 100% true. I'm not going to be transparent about it.. I'm telling it exactly how it is. People can't accept it either because they are extremely biased, or lying to themselves altogether. It's sad the amount of delusion a lot of these hardcore fans have towards fighters or related situations.

Dude posted the hotline for you. Embrace it. Seek help.

Hypocrisy and whining don't mix when you're trying to prove a point, make sense or be taken seriously. Good thing your posting history leads us to believe you're not attempting any of the aforementioned.

i would never call a man who fears for his life a coward, life is precious and you only live once Aldo narrowly escape death the first time no need to risk his life against the goat again

I will fight Conor anytime, anywhere.*

*only if the belt is on the line, it's at 145 and in Brazil... In a stadium and on the third thursday of the month. Also, it has to be an El Nino year with a cresent moon out

"Dana, please, let Conor knock me out once again.You promised."

Yours Dear Aldo.

From Dana White as per MMA Junkie

“We called Jose Aldo, Jose Aldo turned the fight down,” White said. “We called Frankie Edgar, Frankie Edgar turned the fight down. We called ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone, (and he) absolutely accepted the fight – would love to take the fight. B.J. Penn said he wanted the fight. A lot of guys wanted this fight, but we ended up with Nate Diaz. We felt this was the fight to make and the fight the fans wanted to see.”

Why wouldn't Jose Aldo be jumping at the opportunity to avenge his loss? Doesn't reflect well on Aldo in my opinion. Also would this affect his chance at a rematch? I think so.

That's because Aldo wants his title rematch. You know, the same immediate title rematch that EVERY other champ gets these days.

Don't even try to spin it like he's afraid of Connor lol.

Did you read the post?

i hope aldo gets cut from the UFC.

he drops out of hte first fight, takes a year off, loses in 12 seconds, bitches about it, gets a chance, turns it down, makes demands.

pls

whats up with the lower weight class brazilians they scared to fight conor

yeah, let's jump in a fight on two weeks notice while he's not training in a weight class above

ok

Dat classic Brazilian hypocrisy doe.

Aldo said he would jump at the opportunity to fight Mystic Mac, even in a non-title fight.

What a phony.

That's because Aldo wants his title rematch. You know, the same immediate title rematch that EVERY other champ gets these days.

Don't even try to spin it like he's afraid of Connor lol.

This. Aldo has lost exactly ONE fight in 10+ years, hes not afraid to fight anybody.

Shertards are really getting out of control, its a shame the mods let people like the OP post drivel like this these days. No pro fighter is afraid to fight another fighter, any moron who says the word "ducking" on here should get immediately banned...since we apparently frown on fighter bashing right?

13 second KO loss is why he's not interested in a short notice rematch.

Dude posted the hotline for you. Embrace it. Seek help.

Hypocrisy and whining don't mix when you're trying to prove a point, make sense or be taken seriously. Good thing your posting history leads us to believe you're not attempting any of the aforementioned.

Showing emotion does not relinquish my ability to speak the truth. Obviously it's not what you want to hear. But then again, gotta get back to reality sometime.

I've got your back, bro. Our boi Machida is the last of a dying breed. We're talking about a morally sounds sportsman who is a man of his word. Only Brazilian fighter who can make that claim. Not sure why those dudes feel the need to make fun of you. Pretty low self-esteem middle school type stuff right there.

I really would have liked to see him fight Cowboy. On paper, that fight looks incredibly entertaining.

Forget the belt, how about fighting the guy that just humiliated you? Get even...you wanted it!

If Conor was in this situation he'd take the fight and everybody knows it.

Its patently retarded to even ask Jose.

He was medically suspended until literally last week. His medical suspension was also 'no contact' through the end of January. You are not supposed to get knocked dead with a KO like that and go back into training.

The guy was medically suspended from even sparring until a few weeks ago, he should be busy letting his brain heal. This is how you end up with traumatic brain injuries, repeated concussions.

If Aldo's team, coaches, managers let him take that fight they should all have been fired.

He should begin sparring again, lightly, sometime in the next month or so, then take it very slowly. Summer or fall is an appropriate time for him to come back.

i can honestly say i don't blame him, or frankie for that matter. they would be foolish to take a two week notice fight against mcgregor at lightweight. foolish, possibly insane.

The cowboy fight is a money fight. Glad they didn't make it on such short notice. They can sell the shit outta that fight. I don't blame anyone for taking a fight on 2 weeks notice though. If Aldo lost to Conor again so soon, he'd be fucked. Not a popular choice, but the right one for his family. Now him and Frankie need to stop talking though.

"We felt this was the fight to make and the fight the fans wanted to see.”

=

"We felt cowboy still performs well on short notice so better throw diaz in there to try and ensure our cash cow keeps winning"

Back