After the Vitor fight will the Bisping haters stop with the padded resume crap?

Evangelion...you are one of my new favorite posters.

It's the lack of intelligence.

Lol, you have no argument so you try to turn my own on it's head.

Where did I say Kang, Rivera are top wins? They are solid wins yes but not great, the point being that Bisping easily has as many good wins at middleweight as Munoz or Franklin or even Wiedman, and has far more than people like Belfort.

this is wildly inaccurate - and if bisping had ever fought franklin and went through him like a bullet through soft tissue I'd have advocated a bisping title shot right there and then

He lost to the best 3 guys on that list and Wand

Shoulda lost to Hamil too

Where did I say Kang, Rivera are top wins? They are solid wins yes but not great, the point being that Bisping easily has as many good wins at middleweight as Munoz or Franklin or even Wiedman, and has far more than people like Belfort.

Belfort has 5 MW fights, so I'd fucking hope so. He got his title shot after going 3-0 at MW, and beating Franklin, after Anderson had pretty much cleaned out the MW division.

Maia and wand and Munoz and okami are wins that bisping only had in his wildest dreams.

No, it won't. You should know better by now.

Belfort by KO.

No haters gonna hate :)

Do me a favour and look at the quality of the fighters themselves instead of looking at the numbers next to their name. We have gotten to a point in mma where subjective rankings are taken more seriously than the actual fighters skill sets.

you mean like kang or w. silva? - you're the only one here with an uphill battle regarding quality of fighters - it's the reason you're getting slammed on every front - unless you'd like to make a case for guys like day or McCarthy? - those rankings exist for a reason - besides , you should love the rankings right now - they have a guy whose best win is brian stann as the #2 mw in the world right now - can you believe that?!

also - you, shouldn't argue against verifiable history - it's easy to confirm that bisping has beaten a bunch of nobodies and solid, middle of the pack guys but gone down to anyone that could put him over the top - not even sure how you could dispute that

once again, stann - a guy with decent striking and good power but zero ground game - a guy who can just break the top 10 if given the right opponents but not last - is bisping's best win - and that ain't title worthy - not even close

look viitor will tko him and the count cant beat the top 5 mw in the world ever

He's definitely getting some tougher fights now, but IMO the UFC has padded his record at times. Like when he was supposed to get a title shot for beating:

Dan Miller
Akiyama
Rivera
Mayhem
Maia(Sonnen was a very late replacement and the only replacement that made sense since Sonnen and Bisping were each fighting for #1 contender status on the same card)

Considering the UFC is known to be biased and push certain fighters, I have no idea how anyone could deny that was an attempt to get Bisping a title shot via favorable/easy match ups. With that said, I think the UFC might have finally taken his training wheels off as I don't think Vitor and Stann are easy match ups for him stylistically.

this is wildly inaccurate - and if bisping had ever fought franklin and went through him like a bullet through soft tissue I'd have advocated a bisping title shot right there and then

Let's take a look shall we. This is who each have beaten at 185 in the ufc.

Bisping- McCarthy, Day, Leben, Kang, Miller, Akiyama, Rivera, Mayhem, Stann.

Munoz- Catone, Jensen, Grove, Simpson, Dolloway, Maia, Leben.

Weidman- Sakara, Bongfeldt, Lawler, Maia, Munoz.

Franklin- Rivera, Tanner, Quarry, Loiseau, MacDonald, Okami, Lutter

Belfort- Akiyama.

Belcher- Santiago, Starnes, Herman, Kang, Gouveia, Cote, MacDonald, Palhares.

Make up your own mind if these guys have so much better resume's than Bisping. Is it just me? But is it funny that out of all of these fighters, Bisping is the only one accused of having a "padded record."

Edited to remove Belcher's victory over Sean Salmon as the fight took place at 205 pounds.

Last edited:
An Old Wand....

If he beats Vitor, he will earn my respect. He's not beating Bisping BTW.

Belfort- Akiyama.

Belcher- Santiago, Salmon, Starnes, Herman, Kang, Gouveia, Cote, MacDonald, Palhares.

Make up your own mind if these guys have so much better resume's than Bisping. Is it just me? But is it funny that out of all of these fighters, Bisping is the only one accused of having a "padded record."

Obviously weidman and Franklin have a better resume and Munoz does to to a lesser extent.

But weidman and Munoz are constantly ragged on for having an inflated recorded. It comes withthee territory of fighting in a week divison.

Belfort- Akiyama.

Belcher- Santiago, Salmon, Starnes, Herman, Kang, Gouveia, Cote, MacDonald, Palhares.

Looking at franklins record now, it seems padded but back in the day that was the cream of the crop at middleweight. Bisping hasn't fought beaten any fighter above top 8-10

Meh, we can argue every which way about this - the truth of the matter is, 90 per cent of the Bisping hate is because he was so cocky after being awarded the world's most dubious decision over Matt Hammill.

Everything else just stems from that.

Looking at franklins record now, it seems padded but back in the day that was the cream of the crop at middleweight. Bisping hasn't fought beaten any fighter above top 8-10

That's shy I ask people to look at the quality of the fighters instead of the rankings, prior to ufc 155 nobody had a problem with Belcher being listed as a legit contender, but if you break down his record he probably has the least impressive wins of those listed.

Belfort- Akiyama.

not sure why you have belcher on that list - he was in the same boat as bisping regarding the need for a few more quality wins - okami was his test and he failed

you're just being a bitch and splitting hairs by leaving franklin off the list for belfort - if bisping had beaten him at any weight you'd be singing the praises and lauding the accomplishment as proof in every post - please don't insult my intelligence by saying otherwise - belfort also gets a little leeway for being the guy who held belts and is a living legend in the sport - he earned his name

in franklin's case - just because it was back in the day does not discount solid top ten wins

and yes - every fighter you mentioned has at least one guy on that list, most multiple guys (okami's, munoz's, maia's) that are all better than anything on bisping's resume, period - what's more, none of those guys were feed easy fights one after the other to build them up before having to face serious competition -

bisping was the avenue into the european market - we all know this - to throw him to the wolves and have him fail would have been bad for the push and when it became clear with fights like hamill and evans that he could not hang with upper echelon guys (not that evans was a top guy at that point and of course hamill never) he was then fed gimmes

seriously: haynes schafer, sinosic, hamill (uh-oh), evans (yikes) then what happens? - mccarthy, day, leben (better - we have to give him a name now_ - so who? henderson (we all know what happened there) - then who - a bunch of faded stars, semi-names and mid-tier journeymen he's supposed to beat - you don't think zuffa thought one of their meal tickets couldn't handle a broken down w. silva? - that did not go as planned

the powers that be at zuffa see dollar signs every time they envision a bisping title fight with silva - set in london or brazil - oh man that's a shit ton of money - the only problem is he has to earn it at least a little - somehow justify letting him stand in the cage with the undisputed god of war and not have it be a joke - but every time he goes down in flames -

if he finally gets over this hump no one will argue against it - fine, feed him to silva, finally, and make your nice pile of cash - but don't count on it - once again, history is not on your side

That's shy I ask people to look at the quality of the fighters instead of the rankings, prior to ufc 155 nobody had a problem with Belcher being listed as a legit contender, but if you break down his record he probably has the least impressive wins of those listed.

Franklin isn't a contender now. He is a legend from a different time. Bisping wants a title shot now and doesn't have the resume.

And Franklin wins were legit when he fought them. Bisping's were not.

And Belcher just got the odd pahlares hype transferred to him.

yeah, and the quality of competition for franklin is leagues above bisping's - you seem to think you're the only one who's watched these fights and knows anything about this beyond "looking at the stats" simply because pretty much no one is agreeing with you

You get some idea of one's comp when you look at his opponents recent record.

Both Dan Miller and Akiyama were coming off losses when they fought Mike, Dan with 2 losses.

Mayhem was coming off a win over Saku and Tim Stout, had lost to Sheilds before that.

Stann was on a 1-fight streak with a win over Sakara. Had lost to Sonnen before that.

Rivera and Mayhem are the only ones of these 5 guys who had won more than one fight prior to facing Bisping, or weren't on a losing streak. None of these 5 guys had a ranked win on their recent resume. If that isn't giving someone easy comp, I don't know what is.

Back