After the Vitor fight will the Bisping haters stop with the padded resume crap?

not sure why you have belcher on that list - he was in the same boat as bisping regarding the need for a few more quality wins - okami was his test and he failed

you're just being a bitch and splitting hairs by leaving franklin off the list for belfort - if bisping had beaten him at any weight you'd be singing the praises and lauding the accomplishment as proof in every post - please don't insult my intelligence by saying otherwise - belfort also gets a little lee way for being the guy who held belts and is a living legend in the sport - he earned his name

in franklin's case - just because it was back in the day does not discount solid top ten wins

and yes - every fighter you mentioned has at least one guy on that list, most multiple guys (okami's, munoz's, maia's) that are all better than anything on bisping's resume, period - what's more, none of those guys were feed easy fights one after the other to build them up before having to face serious competition -

bisping was the avenue into the european market - we all know this - to throw him to the wolves and have him fail would have been bad for the push and when it became clear with fights like hamill and evans that he could not hang with upper echelon guys (not that evans was a top guy at that point and of course hamill never) he was then fed gimmes

seriously: haynes schafer, sinosic, hamill (uh-oh), evans (yikes) then what happens? - mccarthy, day, leben (better - we have to give him a name now_ - so who? henderson (we all know what happened there) - then who - a bunch of faded stars, semi-names and mid-tier journeymen he's supposed to beat - you don't think zuffa thought one of their meal tickets couldn't handle a broken down w. silva? - that did not go as planned

the powers that be at zuffa see dollar signs every time they envision a bisping title fight with silva - set in london or brazil - oh man that's a shit ton of money - the only problem is he has to earn it at least a little - somehow justify letting him stand in the cage with the undisputed god of war and not have it be a joke - but every time he goes down in flames -

if he finally gets over this hump no one will argue against it - fine, feed him to silva, finally, and make your nice pile of cash - but don't count on it - once again, history is not on your side

I included Belcher because prior to ufc 155 he was being touted as a legit contender here on sherdog, but let's not let details get in the way.

I'm a bitch now am I? It's always nice to see people resort to petty insults shen they don't have a credible argument.

I clearly stated the list was for each victory at 185 pounds, since Vitor beat Franklin at 195, it doesn't count, hell, why not include Rich's win over Chuck as well, or Vitor's "win" over Randy?

Rich's wins being top 10 in the day has nothing to do with their quality. Does a win over Brett Rogers mean as much as a win over Werdum?

The rest of your post is basically just opinion and hate fuelled assumption, and is barely worth responding to.

A small point on Rashad not being a top fighter at the time of the Bisping fight. In his very next fight he knocked Chuck Liddell out cold, in his next he became the ufc light-heavyweight champion.

Let's take a look shall we. This is who each have beaten at 185 in the ufc.

Bisping- McCarthy, Day, Leben, Kang, Miller, Akiyama, Rivera, Mayhem, Stann.

Munoz- Catone, Jensen, Grove, Simpson, Dolloway, Maia, Leben.

Weidman- Sakara, Bongfeldt, Lawler, Maia, Munoz.

Franklin- Rivera, Tanner, Quarry, Loiseau, MacDonald, Okami, Lutter

Belfort- Akiyama.

Belcher- Santiago, Salmon, Starnes, Herman, Kang, Gouveia, Cote, MacDonald, Palhares.

Make up your own mind if these guys have so much better resume's than Bisping. Is it just me? But is it funny that out of all of these fighters, Bisping is the only one accused of having a "padded record."

These other guys all have a better a win. The one argument for Bisping's title shot is longevity and Vitor(Was LHW champ and a tourney champ) and Franklin(Was champion in the division and defended it) both have Bispings number.

Uhm Vitor Beat Matt Lindlandright before coming back to the the UFC and beat Franklin and Anthony Johnson. One was at catchweight, the other was catchweight because Fat Johnson couldnt get down to 185.Vitor still fought at 185 for that fight.

I like Bisping and think hes a pretty good fighter but come on.

Belcher was only going to be in the conversation IF he beat Okami to go along with his impressive victory over Palhares. He was strictly a Plan D guy up until then. I will gladly argue Bisping has a better claimm to a title shot.

Munoz record was inflated but the Maia win is better than anything Bisping has on his record and was a split decision loss to Okami from winning 8 in a row in the UFC.

Weidman- 2 wins over Maia and Munoz(and the way he dismantled Munoz cannot be discounted. Was not struck once). 5 fight win streak and is undefeated in MMA. There should not be any comparison here. Weidmann's resume is a list of things Bisping has yet to accomplish in 6 years in the UFC and Weidmann got them in a little over a year. If Weidmann hadnt gotten injured, he would have a Tim Boetsch victory on his record as well.

Franklin- Tanner(X2)(FORMER UFC CHAMPION and he fought him when he was one of the best in the world), Fighting Jorge Rivera in 2004>>>> Fighting Jorge Rivera in 2011(at 40 y/o), Quarry is a better fight than any opponent Bisping has beaten. A title shot a guy who was 7-3 in the octagon and would have been much better if not for the injuries. There was a reason he was thought to be the best guy in TUF 1 house..Lutter(Former #1 Contender), Ken Shamrock, Wanderlei Silva (X2),Chuck Liddell,Hammill,etc. Franklin should not even be compared to Bisping. Bisping is not in the same stratosphere when it comes to resume.

Bisping has had a padded record.Anyone knows it. He has been given multiple times, 3 manageable wins with 1 legitimate matchup to follow to get him a title shot. Most of the time, these fights were against home crowds. Each time he fell short. If thats not manageable I dont know what is. I will have no problem giving Bisping a title shot if he beats Belfort. Ive just seen too much evidence to sayhe falls short once he fights the legit guys.

LMAO at someone arguing that Bisping hasnt had a easy road to a title shot. 11-3 fighters should not be gifted matchups against Jason Miller. Especially after a 3 fight win streak. Thats a gift.

These other guys all have a better a win. The one argument for Bisping's title shot is longevity and Vitor(Was LHW champ and a tourney champ) and Franklin(Was champion in the division and defended it) both have Bispings number.

Uhm Vitor Beat Matt Lindlandright before coming back to the the UFC and beat Franklin and Anthony Johnson. One was at catchweight, the other was catchweight because Fat Johnson couldnt get down to 185.Vitor still fought at 185 for that fight.

Belcher was only going to be in the conversation IF he beat Okami to go along with his impressive victory over Palhares. He was strictly a Plan D guy up until then. I will gladly argue Bisping has a better claimm to a title shot.

Munoz record was inflated but the Maia win is better than anything Bisping has on his record and was a split decision loss to Okami from winning 8 in a row in the UFC.

Weidman- 2 wins over Maia and Munoz(and the way he dismantled Munoz cannot be discounted. Was not struck once). 5 fight win streak and is undefeated in MMA. There should not be any comparison here. Weidmann's resume is a list of things Bisping has yet to accomplish in 6 years in the UFC and Weidmann got them in a little over a year. If Weidmann hadnt gotten injured, he would have a Tim Boetsch victory on his record as well.

Franklin- Tanner(X2)(FORMER UFC CHAMPION and he fought him when he was one of the best in the world), Fighting Jorge Rivera in 2004>>>> Fighting Jorge Rivera in 2011(at 40 y/o), Quarry is a better fight than any opponent Bisping has beaten. A title shot a guy who was 7-3 in the octagon and would have been much better if not for the injuries. There was a reason he was thought to be the best guy in TUF 1 house..Lutter(Former #1 Contender), Ken Shamrock, Wanderlei Silva (X2),Chuck Liddell,Hammill,etc. Franklin should not even be compared to Bisping. Bisping is not in the same stratosphere when it comes to resume.

Bisping has had a padded record.Anyone knows it. He has been given multiple times, 3 manageable wins with 1 legitimate matchup to follow to get him a title shot. Most of the time, these fights were against home crowds. Each time he fell short. If thats not manageable I dont know what is. I will have no problem giving Bisping a title shot if he beats Belfort. Ive just seen too much evidence to sayhe falls short once he fights the legit guys.

LMAO at someone arguing that Bisping hasnt had a easy road to a title shot. 11-3 fighters should not be gifted matchups against Jason Miller. Especially after a 3 fight win streak. Thats a gift.

I deal in facts, I have no place for your opinion. Also, not once have I said Bisping deserves a title shot, he doesn't, the argument is whether Bisping has fought top competition, his record clearly indicates that he has.

I included Belcher because prior to ufc 155 he was being touted as a legit contender here on sherdog, but let's not let details get in the way.

I'm a bitch now am I? It's always nice to see people resort to petty insults shen they don't have a credible argument.

I clearly stated the list was for each victory at 185 pounds, since Vitor beat Franklin at 195, it doesn't count, hell, why not include Rich's win over Chuck as well, or Vitor's "win" over Randy?

Rich's wins being top 10 in the day has nothing to do with their quality. Does a win over Brett Rogers mean as much as a win over Werdum?

The rest of your post is basically just opinion and hate fuelled assumption, and is barely worth responding to.

A small point on Rashad not being a top fighter at the time of the Bisping fight. In his very next fight he knocked Chuck Liddell out cold, in his next he became the ufc light-heavyweight champion.

they (franklin's wins) have everything to do with quality - they were quality wins over the best guys at mw at that time. period - bisping could never say the same

belcher isn't a detail - he's an excuse you were using to pad your argument - no one before 155 was saying belcher should be given a title shot immediately - only wiedman had that going for him - the overwhelming consensus was that belcher needed at least 1 more impressive win - in fact, many were calling for a fight with bisping

it's a bad joke that you insist you were only talking about 185 when you use evans as a part of your tough competition argument - if you want to insist that you wouldn't be screaming to the rafters if bisping had managed to ko franklin at any point in his career go ahead - but we all know that's total BS

evans was another miscalculation for zuffa - lidell had just come off a rousing victory over silva (a fighter no one had yet realized was so spent and therefore not so impressive a victory) - before that the loss to jardine was put down to shock and being too tight after the devastating rampage fight - everyone assumed lidell was back on track

after the ko zuffa had to give evans, an unpopular fighter with little ppv appeal, his shot - but evans was supposed to be the next chorus in lidell's glorious comeback

stop accusing others of just throwing out names without anaylsis - it's pretty much all you do when it suits you

and literally nothing you've said disputes anyone's arguments

Old Boy,

What part of my post wasnt factual? PLease tell me.

Rich Franklin was long considered #2 MW after Silva, but when you have 2 losses against the champ you kind of are forced to fight without the chance at another title shot until a new name wins the crown.

You have white knighted for the Bisping cause while MULTIPLE people have laughed at your flawed logic. The fact no one has jumped in to help argue your side speaks pretty loudly.

I like Bisping, I think hes a game fighter. I just have problems with a guy who thinks he should get a title shot but hasnt done a thing to prove he deserves one. He's beaten 2 guys that have been in the conversation for title shots. He beat Matt Hamill over 5 years ago(in a fight many though Bisping lost). Hamill was in title discussion for LHW in mid 2011 until he got destroyed by Rampage in his title eliminator. The other guy Bisping beat that at one time was in the title picture was Jorge Rivera, and Rivera was in the title picture maybe 2004.

Bisping beats Vitor, Give him a shot. I wouldnt have a issue with that. Arguing for him to be the #1 contender after a decision victory over Brian Stann, just another silly Brit that has no scope.

Last edited:
I deal in facts, I have no place for your opinion. Also, not once have I said Bisping deserves a title shot, he doesn't, the argument is whether Bisping has fought top competition, his record clearly indicates that he has.

FWIW, no one is saying Bisping hasnt fought tough competition. They are saying he really hasnt beaten anyone worth a damn which is the argument with Bisping at the moment. And he really hasnt beaten anyone worth a damn. The Bisping story is one of easy road to get him inposition to win one against a game opponent to get a title shot, only to fall short once he gets in front of someone who is legitimate.

Case in point a 11-3 UFC fighter getting matchups against Mayhem Miller. LOL.

You get some idea of one's comp when you look at his opponents recent record.

Both Dan Miller and Akiyama were coming off losses when they fought Mike, Dan with 2 losses.

Mayhem was coming off a win over Saku and Tim Stout, had lost to Sheilds before that.

Stann was on a 1-fight streak with a win over Sakara. Had lost to Sonnen before that.

Rivera and Mayhem are the only ones of these 5 guys who had won more than one fight prior to facing Bisping, or weren't on a losing streak. None of these 5 guys had a ranked win on their recent resume. If that isn't giving someone easy comp, I don't know what is.
Don't forget 1-5 in his last six Wanderlei making his MW debut. Or fresh out of jail Leben with recent losses to Starnes and MacDonald. Even Henderson was coming off two unspectacular wins over Palhares and Franklin, the UFC was probably hoping he was slowing down. The odds weren't even that crazy for that fight. He was supposed to fight Maia for #1 contender and Maia had never looked as beatable as he did at that time with a recent loss to Munoz and lackluster wins over Santiago and Grove. All coincidence I'm sure. The UFC couldn't possibly be looking after him like they have other fighters they wanted to promote.

Last edited:
they (franklin's wins) have everything to do with quality - they were quality wins over the best guys at mw at that time. period - bisping could never say the same

belcher isn't a detail - he's an excuse you were using to pad your argument - no one before 155 was saying belcher should be given a title shot immediately - only wiedman had that going for him - the overwhelming consensus was that belcher need at least 1 more impressive win - in fact, many were calling for a fight with bisping

it's a bad joke that you insist you were only talking about 185 when you use evans as a part of your tough competition argument - if you want to insist that you wouldn't be screaming to the rafters if bisping had managed to ko franklin at any point in his career go ahead - but we all know that's total BS

evans was another miscalculation for zuffa - lidell had just come off a rousing victory over silva (a fighter no one had yet realized was so spent and therefore not so impressive a victory) - before that the loss to jardine was put down to shock and being too tight after the devastating rampage fight - everyone assumed lidell was back on track

after the ko zuffa had to give evans, an unpopular fighter with little ppv appeal, his shot - but evans was supposed to be the next chorus in lidell's glorious comeback

stop accusing others of just throwing out names without anaylsis - it's pretty much all you do when it suits you

and literally nothing you've said disputes anyone's arguments

Again you are either making excuses or attempting to ignore/subvert history to back your non existent argument up.

Of course Rich beat the best middleweights there were at the time. That doesn't make them credible wins in today's mma scene, i'm baffled that anyone would think wins over the likes of Loiseau and Evan Tanner are better wins than fighters like Chris Leben or Brian Stann.

My list was for showing people's wins at 185 pounds in the ufc, nothing more nothing less. Evans was neither a fight at 185 nor a Bisping victory. If I was listing fights against top competition then every fighter's list would be a lot longer. But to deny Rashad as proof that Bisping has fought some of tge best is plain ridiculous.

I can only laugh at your assessment of the Rashad Liddell fight. What the fuck does it matter who zuffa thought/wanted to win. The fact is Evans knocked Chuck senseless and won the fight.
and in his very next fight he was a ufc champion.

FWIW, no one is saying Bisping hasnt fought tough competition. They are saying he really hasnt beaten anyone worth a damn which is the argument with Bisping at the moment. And he really hasnt beaten anyone worth a damn. The Bisping story is one of easy road to get him inposition to win one against a game opponent to get a title shot, only to fall short once he gets in front of someone who is legitimate.

Case in point a 11-3 UFC fighter getting matchups against Mayhem Miller. LOL.

Yes they are, that is what everyone who I am debating with in this thread are arguing. Also, saying he hasn't beat anyone worth a damn is purely subjective. You could argue that it's the case for most fighters, as my list shows.

Again you are either making excuses or attempting to ignore/subvert history to back your non existent argument up.

Of course Rich beat the best middleweights there were at the time. That doesn't make them credible wins in today's mma scene, i'm baffled that anyone would think wins over the likes of Loiseau and Evan Tanner are better wins than fighters like Chris Leben or Brian Stann.

My list was for showing people's wins at 185 pounds in the ufc, nothing more nothing less. Evans was neither a fight at 185 nor a Bisping victory. If I was listing fights against top competition then every fighter's list would be a lot longer. But to deny Rashad as proof that Bisping has fought some of tge best is plain ridiculous.

I can only laugh at your assessment of the Rashad Liddell fight. What the fuck does it matter who zuffa thought/wanted to win. The fact is Evans knocked Chuck senseless and won the fight.

LMAO, Loiseau and Tanner were every bit as good as Leben or Stann. LMAO. What makes Chris Leben so good? His one signature victory over 2011 W. Silva or the win over 1-4 UFC Akiyama.

Tanner was the Champ at MW. A Tanner win is much more impressive than victories over Leben and Stann. Get out of here with this crap.

what the hell are you talking about that doesn't make them credible wins in today's mma scene?! - of course it does! - does jesse owens historic performance in munich not count because it happened in 1936??!! - what's baffling is that you'd even try to make such a stupid argument

and how in the hell do you say that denying rashad evans was proof of a tough fight at 205 is BS (which, by the way, I never did) and in the same breath discount belfort's victory over franklin because it happened at 10 lbs over 185??

and once again - no one is saying that evans wasn't/isn't tough competition - what I was saying is that zuffa didn't realize quite how ready evans was to face the big guns - that's why he was put in front of bisping in the 1st place - before bisping his last fight was a draw with ortiz and wins over guys like hoger and salmon - and once again he lost to evans - that's what everyone is saying - he beats the nobodies and the journeymen and then loses to the contenders

no one in the ufc has ever been so fortuitously positioned for a title fight over and over again - given middle of the pack guys coming off loses or unimpressive victories multiple times in a row and then getting 1 legit guy and fighting him on your turf and still losing and even then having the whole process just started for him all over again

this is what? - take 3 on the hopeful title contention for bisping?

and once again - like everyone else is saying, like i've said multiple times, if he beats belfort, fine - but don't count on it

and to say he deserves to be in that spot over guys like wiedman or has just as impressive a resume as wiedman or munoz or (lol) franklin is just stupid - there's a reason everyone here keeps shooting you down -

here's some good advice - whenever it's you against everyone, that a really strong indication that everyone is right

you're just not that smart - don't feel bad, pretty much no one is

OldBoy needs to improve his reading comprehension.

I just read every post in this thread. There hasnt been 1 post that said he hasnt fought top competition. Each post had to do with the fact he hasnt beaten anyone worth a damn.

Oh and . a guy can have a padded record and be gifted an easy road.

A tough road is what Junior Dos Santos or a Jon Fitch were given where they had to basically clean out the division just to get a title shot. Bipsing has the "easy road argument" because 3 times, Hes been given a string of 3 journeymen tofight to get him back into contention and then was only expected to fight one legiitmate opponent for the title shot.

None if this is false information.

Bisping loses to Rashad, gets Charles McCarthy next. Bisping loses to Henderson, gets Denis Kang next. Bisping loses to W. Silva, gets Dan Miller next. Bisping loses to Chael, gets the guy Chael had tooled the match prior(Please tell me how this wasnt a hand picked matchup for Bisping??)

Lets look what Dan hardy got after he lost his title shot versus GSP. Carlos Condit,Anthony Johnson, Chris Lytle. You arent supposed to get bunnies after you lose when you are on top. Bisping has gotten a bunny or 2 or 3 afte reach time he lost.

OldBoy needs to improve his reading comprehension.

I just read every post in this thread. There hasnt been 1 post that said he hasnt fought top competition. Each post had to do with the fact he hasnt beaten anyone worth a damn.

Oh and . a guy can have a padded record and be gifted an easy road.

A tough road is what Junior Dos Santos or a Jon Fitch were given where they had to basically clean out the division just to get a title shot. Bipsing has the "easy road argument" because 3 times, Hes been given a string of 3 journeymen tofight to get him back into contention and then was only expected to fight one legiitmate opponent for the title shot.

None if this is false information.

Bisping loses to Rashad, gets Charles McCarthy next. Bisping loses to Henderson, gets Denis Kang next. Bisping loses to W. Silva, gets Dan Miller next. Bisping loses to Chael, gets the guy Chael had tooled the match prior(Please tell me how this wasnt a hand picked matchup for Bisping??)

Lets look what Dan hardy got after he lost his title shot versus GSP. Carlos Condit,Anthony Johnson, Chris Lytle. You arent supposed to get bunnies after you lose when you are on top. Bisping has gotten a bunny or 2 or 3 afte reach time he lost.

i'll give oldboy credit for refusing to see the light of day - very much a "go-down-with-the-ship" kind of guy - although there are plenty of circumstances when that kind of mentality has you drowning for no good reason

it's late and i need to get at least a few hours sack time

it's like arguing with a creationist and just as pointless - so my suggestion is you let him off the hook - at this point it's just not worth it

cheers and good night

Don't forget 1-5 in his last six Wanderlei making his MW debut. Or fresh out of jail Leben with recent losses to Starnes and MacDonald. Even Henderson was coming off two unspectacular wins over Palhares and Franklin, the UFC was probably hoping he was slowing down. The odds weren't even that crazy for that fight. He was supposed to fight Maia for #1 contender and Maia had never looked as beatable as he did at that time with a recent loss to Munoz and lackluster wins over Santiago and Grove. All coincidence I'm sure. The UFC couldn't possibly be looking after him like they have other fighters they wanted to promote.

Yep, although Leben had 2 wins prior to fighting Bisping.

Denis Kang was 4-4 in his last 8, those 4 wins being against Eastman, Jung Choi, Kim Young and Professor X.

Bisping hasn't beaten a single fighter who had a ranked win in his last 5 fights prior to their fight.

I dont think Bisping gets enough credit but I also think he needs a couple of big wins to be to really be considered elite.

Hes proven that he can compete with the elite but he hasnt actually beaten any yet. Vitor is a good start.

berneydidnotread.gif
[/

the greatest moves, from the greatest song in the history of western civilization.

Bisping still needs to prove himself a bit but for right now Bisping>Weidman.

A win over the vastly overranked and overrated Munoz and a cringeworthy performance against Maia doesn't not stack up to:

-Wins over Stann, Kang, Akiyama, Leben, J Miller, D Miller, Rivera, Day, and Hamill.

-13 UFC wins, 23 overall wins including 14-1 at LHW

-Winning TUF

-Winning Cage Rage LHW Title and defending it

Weidman has a ways go before you can claim hes done more than Bisping.

Back