After the Vitor fight will the Bisping haters stop with the padded resume crap?

Either Vitor will knock Bisping out or Anderson will. Both work for me.

I don't think its really so much that his record is padded because hes fought some legit guys, he just lost his biggest fights. Namely Hendo and Chael. The loss to Wandy didn't do much for him either.

Stann was a great win indeed for Bisping. While there are some great fighters on his resume, having losses to Rashad, Henderson, Wandy, Sonnen and Vitor makes up the rest of his noteworthy opponents. The rest of his wins mostly aren't even in the UFC anymore

You could say this about almost any fighter, go on, list Rich Franklin's Best wins. Mark Munoz's, Nate Marquardt's, Chris Wiedman's.

The fact is he had lost to any of the fighters on ts's list then they would be considered "noteworthy" opponents. When he beats people they seem to turn into a) cans, or b) past their prime overnight.

Bisping went from criminally underrated to criminally overrated really quickly.

Only the British and silva fans actually try to defend bisping's record. He beats lower tier fighters and loses to top fighters. He's a gatekeeper.

It's funny that munoz is constantly shit on for not being as good as his ranking when his resume is easily as good as bisping. Bisping is also the one fighter that people talk about his losses being so good instead of his wins.

The fact is he had lost to any of the fighters on ts's list then they would be considered "noteworthy" opponents. When he beats people they seem to turn into a) cans, or b) past their prime overnight.

C) not good or highly ranked in the first place.

Bisping will beat the absolute hell out of Vitor and get his title shot.

C) not good or highly ranked in the first place.

Yet on sherdog most if not all lf these "no good" fighters were predicted to beat him. Remember when Kang wa going to "dominate him everywhere" No? How about when Mayhem was going to "Take an arm home with him" or when Rivera was certain to "Ko him in the first?"

Hindsight is a beautiful thing.

haters will always come up with some bs to say. I am not a Bisping fan, but Il be honest I think he is going to beat Vitor for sure.

Yet on sherdog most if not all lf these "no good" fighters were predicted to beat him. Remember when Kang wa going to "dominate him everywhere" No? How about when Mayhem was going to "Take an arm home with him" or when Rivera was certain to "Ko him in the first?"

Hindsight is a beautiful thing.

Kang had a pretty good unwarranted hype train going but the other ones.... Nope.

Obviously there's the weird mayhem fans or Bisping haters but in reality everyone knew bisping was going to beat those top 30 ranked fighters.

With Bisping, it isn't an issue with who he has fought, its the fact that every time he gets a big name fight and is close to a title shot, he gets beat.

Kang had a pretty good unwarranted hype train going but the other ones.... Nope.

Obviously there's the weird mayhem fans or Bisping haters but in reality everyone knew bisping was going to beat those top 30 ranked fighters.

Like I said, hindsight is a beautiful thing. Lol at placing the blame on "unwarrented hype" and kooky "Mayhem fans" The one thing they all had in common was they were fighting Bisping, and all were predicted to win. "In reality" sherdog was brimming with these predictions that Bisping would lose and/or be horribly disfigured in some way. No need to deny historical fact when it doesn't back up your argument.

Bisping gets next to no credit on these boards, hell there was a thread not long back where posters were claiming Faber could kick his ass.

With Bisping, it isn't an issue with who he has fought, its the fact that every time he gets a big name fight and is close to a title shot, he gets beat.

People act like he can't hang with top competition, yet three of those four losses were razor thin decisions.

You could say this about almost any fighter, go on, list Rich Franklin's Best wins. Mark Munoz's, Nate Marquardt's, Chris Wiedman's.

their (franklin, et al) best wins were top 10 guys when they fought them - stann is bisping's best win by a long shot and that doesn't even come close to warranting a title shot - even the list the TS gave as proof is half filler - silva is a much dimmed star with a lost chin and fading cardio (who beat bisping) - kang was living off a name he built before his fiance's suicide (he was never the same afterwards and wildly inconsistent) - both miller's are barely top 15 on their best day and that list leaves off a shit ton of serious nobodies who were always serious nobodies (the big names on that list beat him)
bisping's stock and trade is mid-tier journeymen - problem is you can only beat so many of those guys before you have to get a step up in competition to be taken seriously - the problem for bisping is whenever that step up has arrived he goes down in flames

vitor is the next step up and 3rd or 4th chance for bisping to make an impression - if he wins i say fine - let him get ko'd by A. silva - but bisping beating belfort is a serious "if" - history is not on his side

If he beats vitor I will consider him a legit contender. The reason why I doubt him is because he loses in every big fight that would propel him into a #1 contender

Like I said, hindsight is a beautiful thing. Lol at placing the blame on "unwarrented hype" and kooky "Mayhem fans" The one thing they all had in common was they were fighting Bisping, and all were predicted to win. "In reality" sherdog was brimming with these predictions that Bisping would lose and/or be horribly disfigured in some way. No need to deny historical fact when it doesn't back up your argument.

Bisping gets next to no credit on these boards, hell there was a thread not long back where posters were claiming Faber could kick his ass.

Revision of history at its finest. Mayhem wasn't anywhere near a top mw and Rivera was a proven journeyman in the ufc becauseI hhave put on great fights and your trying to convince people they are great wins.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: the safest bet in MMA is Anderson Silva vs. anybody calling himself a striker. The second safest is any top-10 opponent vs. Michael Bisping.

That said, I'm kind of rooting for Bisping here. I love Vitor, I hate Bisping, but I want to see Anderson Silva destroy Michael's face.....

Revision of history at its finest. Mayhem wasn't anywhere near a top mw and Rivera was a proven journeyman in the ufc becauseI hhave put on great fights and your trying to convince people they are great wins.

Lol, you have no argument so you try to turn my own on it's head.

Where did I say Kang, Rivera are top wins? They are solid wins yes but not great, the point being that Bisping easily has as many good wins at middleweight as Munoz or Franklin or even Wiedman, and has far more than people like Belfort.

Bisping has really grown on me. He's a real good fighter and ALWAYS comes in shape and has been competitive in every single fight except for Hendo.

He has his moments outside of the cage, but you know who doesn't?

their (franklin, et al) best wins were top 10 guys when they fought them - stann is bisping's best win by a long shot and that doesn't even come close to warranting a title shot - even the list the TS gave as proof is half filler - silva is a much dimmed star with a lost chin and fading cardio (who beat bisping) - kang was living off a name he built before his fiance's suicide (he was never the same afterwards and wildly inconsistent) - both miller's are barely top 15 on their best day and that list leaves off a shit ton of serious nobodies who were always serious nobodies (the big names on that list beat him)
bisping's stock and trade is mid-tier journeymen - problem is you can only beat so many of those guys before you have to get a step up in competition to be taken seriously - the problem for bisping is whenever that step up has arrived he goes down in flames

vitor is the next step up and 3rd or 4th chance for bisping to make an impression - if he wins i say fine - let him get ko'd by A. silva - but bisping beating belfort is a serious "if" - history is not on his side

Do me a favour and look at the quality of the fighters themselves instead of looking at the numbers next to their name. We have gotten to a point in mma where subjective rankings are taken more seriously than the actual fighters skill sets.

Back