Active shooter situation in Fredericton, New Brunswick

Been trying to keep up with the news and watching this thread - thanks for the updates. Hard to believe this happened in Fredericton of all places.

Yeah, it really is hard to believe. I drove up to the scene last night. I don't spend much time on the northside of the city so I don't know it all that well. The apartment complex where all of this went down is a complete shithole which is kind of well known. What I didn't realize until I had to drive around due to the police re-routing of traffic is that right beside it, like two streets over is a brand new, pretty high end, really upper middle class neighbourhood. I bet those folks were some of the most shocked that something like this happened.

Just a quick note also. I actually saw a couple of videos on youtube, when I was checking to see if there was local content about the incident, that are already saying this was some kind of false flag and that it was actually an immigrant that perpetrated the crime which is why they took so long to realease the guys name. Pretty hilarious when you see shit like that and you actually know people directly who have knowledge of the situation.

So my girlfriend is friends with a cop that went through the academy with the female cop that was killed. Apparently she was a stand up women who helped her friend get through the course and it gets worse sherdoggers, she was rich. Her and her husband sold their company for millions and she became a cop later in life to give back to the community. She didnt even need the paycheck.

She had only been on the force for 2 years. I believe she had 3 children. God damn what a shitty ordeal. I hate that I find myself hoping that the human piece of excrement doesn't make it out of the hospital to see the light of day again but I'm not going to lie............damn.

She had only been on the force for 2 years. I believe she had 3 children. God damn what a shitty ordeal. I hate that I find myself hoping that the human piece of excrement doesn't make it out of the hospital to see the light of day again but I'm not going to lie............damn.

Even though it's a drain on our system, isn't it better for the guy to live in misery the rest of his life, getting raped in jail etc til he finally dies horribly.

Getting put to sleep?

How about his gunshot wound slowly turning gangrene and causing him to suffer for a really long time before he dies?

etc

Heart breaking man, I feel the same way. To ruin all those lives over some relationship jealousy, or whatever is insane. As far as I'm concerned this guy, and Bourque from Moncton a few years ago, can both rot in hell.

So it has been a crazy day on our tiny part of the planet. I really want to send out a big thumbs up, good job, and all other not neae good enough descriptive phrases to our city's police. It must have been brutal for them. To all the people affected by this, I can't imagine what they are going through and Inwish them all the best.

The scumbag who did this can't auffer enough in my opinion. I'm glad the officers took him alive on one hand but then on the other, I know that he will probably get off far too easy with out upside down justice system.

Anyway guys I really don't have any new info. I do have the shooters name but I feel like I already jumped the gun once in this thread so on the very slim chance the information is wrong, I'll let it come out tomorrow. Thanks to everyone for giving me an outlet to vent. This doesn't affect me personally but man it hits hard and close to home
Nah man, no one could have known, but you were spot on.
Update:

Also, @Devout Pessimist already posted the story above but for the record from the horse's mouth,

Man, I feel for you. 2 summers ago there were 2 murders in quick succession here in little ol' PEI in a tiny little, well it's not even big enough to call a village. An intersection in the road with some houses around, more like. Turns out they all knew each other. A friend of mine is related to one of the shooters. Don't know what happened to the killer in the end but it sucked for my friend.

I think that's at least a little source of comfort for the rest of us, mind. If you don't know crazy people like that you probably don't have anything to worry about.

Jesus Christ. So just went to pick my wife up from work. She tells me her friend was on a city bus less than 5 mins from yesterdays craziness. Bus has to detour as there is some kind of active scene going on. 8 cop cars, guns drawn. Nothing being reported. Posts are being taken down from the local news chasers site as fast as they go up.

I"m starting to wonder if there is some kind of tie to a gang. This is insane!

I really hope this is just a case of everyone being over anxious because of what happened but damn, the pics I just saw look like it's pretty serious.

My wife's brother is like 5 minutes away from the scene. He has a friend who is texting him right now who is on Hawkins street. He's pretty much providing a play by play. If anything comes of this I will post it here as soon as I hear anything.

I'm going to have a very stiff drink right now!

Jesus Christ. So just went to pick my wife up from work. She tells me her friend was on a city bus less than 5 mins from yesterdays craziness. Bus has to detour as there is some kind of active scene going on. 8 cop cars, guns drawn. Nothing being reported. Posts are being taken down from the local news chasers site as fast as they go up.

I"m starting to wonder if there is some kind of tie to a gang. This is insane!

What the actual fuck?!:eek:

Nothing about this on the BBC News website.

I really hope this is just a case of everyone being over anxious because of what happened but damn, the pics I just saw look like it's pretty serious.

It was mentioned on the CBC evening news but it sounds like it just started at the same time @Jfrizzle posted about it.

Wife's brother just said that cops all have long guns or as all the gun grabbers like to call them "assault weapons". Something really bad is up.

Wife's brother just said that cops all have long guns or as all the gun grabbers like to call them "assault weapons". Something really bad is up.
Someone looking for revenge or copycat?

It was mentioned on the CBC evening news but it sounds like it just started at the same time @Jfrizzle posted about it.

It literally started as I was on my way to pick up my wife. She actually has to do a bank deposit for her store at a bank off of Brookside drive which is very close to the scene. We didn't even bother trying to make the deposit.

Addendum to the above post, that's a speculative suggestion, not an "either/or" question.

Someone looking for revenge or copycat?

I have a bad feeling it may be gang related. There are quite a few Baccas (motorcycle gang) in the area and according to my brother in law the victim did have ties to them. Not a memeber apparently but was friends with memebers. Now I have no clue if this is the case and is pure speculation on my part but seems like it could be some type of revenge scenario.

Like I said earlier, I really hope it's just a giant misunderstanding and was some kids letting of fire crackers or somethjng like that. Everyone's nerves are pretty tense right now. Though with the kind of fire power the officers have out it doesn't seem likely.

I have a bad feeling it may be gang related. There are quite a few Baccas (motorcycle gang) in the area and according to my brother in law the victim did have ties to them. Not a memeber apparently but was friends with memebers. Now I have no clue if this is the case and is pure speculation on my part but seems like it could be some type of revenge scenario.

Like I said earlier, I really hope it's just a giant misunderstanding and was some kids letting of fire crackers or somethjng like that. Everyone's nerves are pretty tense right now. Though with the kind of fire power the officers have out it doesn't seem likely.
After the Moncton ambush and the finding the cops were lacking in materiel, this is undoubtedly SOP now.

Shit, I called that back when it was happening, remember? I said I hoped it wasn't the start of another Biker War.

If this is an outlaw MC trying to get involved because they knew the shit-bag, I hope the cops stomp a mud hole in their asses.

Back