Crime Shooting at University of Nevada, Multiple Victims Suspected (Shooter Deceased)

I suggested they won’t work here, correct. Please respect my unique cultural differences as an American and embrace it as you would any other cultural anomaly of humanity. Thank you for your concern I know it was well meaning even if we can’t agree it was well placed.
You are suggesting ANY solution to problem "won't work"

that is the complete antithesis of offering a solution.

That is the same as a "thought and a prayer"

But again, you've expressed its a non-issue for you, therefore there is no reason for you to even entertain solutions.

But again, you've expressed its a non-issue for you, therefore there is no reason for you to even entertain solutions.

You brain dead fuck?!? I’ve offered at least three different solutions to help mitigate gun violence In my country. I’ve even expressed the different cultural attitudes towards guns and how that affects the different methods of determent.
You on the other hand have been nothing but a broken record spouting the same nonsensical catch phrase; now for a second day. Pay attention ffs; it’s free.

You brain dead fuck?!? I’ve offered at least three different solutions to help mitigate gun violence In my country. I’ve even expressed the different cultural attitudes towards guns and how that affects the different methods of determent.
You on the other hand have been nothing but a broken record spouting the same nonsensical catch phrase; now for a second day. Pay attention ffs; it’s free.
"I suggested they won’t work here, correct."

Thats not a solution.
Saying something "won't work" is not a solution nor solution oriented.

You're brazen using terms like "brain dead fuck"; when thats your ACTUAL response

Its clearly a non-issue for you , however you are emotionally enraged at even the idea of a solution, which is telling.

He really thinks someone can just wave a magic wand to make all guns magically disappear.

"I suggested they won’t work here, correct."

Thats not a solution.
Saying something "won't work" is not a solution nor solution oriented.

You're brazen using terms like "brain dead fuck"; when thats your ACTUAL response

Its clearly a non-issue for you , however you are emotionally enraged at even the idea of a solution, which is telling.

You deserve it after two days of back and forth with you.

Any proposal would involve civilian disarmament. Gun buy backs like Australia will not work here. You would have to have the armed population disarmed by men that are themselves armed. Again, by a government that stands completely outnumbered. The implication that these people (the American gun owner) ignore the issues implies through the presumption of guilt l; they could stop this from happening. I’ve shown you this isn’t the case. Regardless of these peoples ownership of firearms they are overwhelmingly not contributing to the problem.
Mental health and suicide prevention would be a place to start in the suburbs and rural areas to do something to help the greatest number of effected.

Civilian disarmament can be accomplished voluntarily, and gun buy backs would work as part of that process.

The key is to respect the purpose for the 2nd amendment (a "prepared" citizen milita), and target your legislation accordingly--articulating your reasons rationally.

For example:

One could argue that handguns, which are used in the vast majority of gun crime, don't meaningfully add to the effectiveness of a citizen militia, and hence are not protected under the 2nd amendment.

One could argue that the age limit to buy/possess guns and ammo should be raised to 25... brain science would back this up. Age limits for rights all the way up to 35yo have been part of the constitution since its inception.

One could argue that the rest of us shouldn't be punished by having our rights further eroded because roughly 6.8% of the population commits gun crime way out of proportion.

Civilian disarmament can be accomplished voluntarily, and gun buy backs would work as part of that process.

The key is to respect the purpose for the 2nd amendment (a "prepared" citizen milita), and target your legislation accordingly--articulating your reasons rationally.

For example:

One could argue that handguns, which are used in the vast majority of gun crime, don't meaningfully add to the effectiveness of a citizen militia, and hence are not protected under the 2nd amendment.

One could argue that the age limit to buy/possess guns and ammo should be raised to 25... brain science would back this up. Age limits for rights all the way up to 35yo have been part of the constitution since its inception.

Lmao, okay man. Time to put the pipe down.

Seems to be a common theme on Sherdog at the moment: "no alternative solutions will work".

For example:

That's an interesting one.

I'm not sure where you'd start, or with what type of weaponry, but I'd have left handguns until last - but you're right in that handguns wouldn't make a 'militia', just self-defence. Is that what you meant?

One could argue that the rest of us shouldn't be punished by having our rights further eroded because roughly 6.8% of the population commits gun crime way out of proportion.
How many of that 6.8% are repeat offenders?

Seems to be a common theme on Sherdog at the moment: "no alternative solutions will work".

Nah, we went over several solutions to mitigate homicide statistics and I’m of the camp that gun confiscation will fail here.

For instance concerning voluntary forfeiture.
Illinois residents are currently ignoring the AWB in that state. Un registered guns must
Be turned back in. Illinois residents said yeah fuck you we won’t.

The pistol brace rule upwards of 40 million braced pistols the ATF wants to re-brand as short barrel rifle.
Categorical non compliance across the board for that one.

Mental health in more affluent areas
Gun education and training youth in places where guns are prevalent are just two I spoke about specifically. I’m the guy that got quoted as “No solution” when in fact the conversation in question was in regards to door to door confiscation. Which still exists as the lone method of civilian disarmament.
With such un cooperative member as the lawful American gun owner. The entire conversation this point keeps being overlooked and omitted. I realize this can be a very polarizing topic but your previous conversations here about guns have failed you.

At this point with like one mass shooting in the US every other day isn't it better if there's a sticky "Thoughts & prayers" thread?

Back