Active shooter situation in Fredericton, New Brunswick

Brainwave: the victims have not been identified pending notification of next of kin and according to our man on the spot, @Jfrizzle the victims and shooter were likely known to each other so most likely, if they identified the suspect, people would be able to guess at the identities of the victims.

10 hours is a long time to notify victims. And they already released the identity of the police officers killed, but not the suspect.

So just a quick check in. Things have been crazy chaotic. So much disinfo floating around. Two of the victims were the shooters ex-girlfriend and her new boyfriend. The supposed person that I was led to believe was the perp earlier was incorrect.

What I am hearing now is that there were several more wounded but have survived. I literally just drove through the scene which is still crawling with cops and reporters. Will check back in soon.

So just a quick check in. Things have been crazy chaotic. So much disinfo floating around. Two of the victims were the shooters ex-girlfriend and her new boyfriend. The supposed person that I was led to believe was the perp earlier was incorrect.

What I am hearing now is that there were several more wounded but have survived. I literally just drove through the scene which is still crawling with cops and reporters. Will check back in soon.
Thanks for the updates bud. I know it must be hard with this happening so close to you.

Cheers

So it has been a crazy day on our tiny part of the planet. I really want to send out a big thumbs up, good job, and all other not neae good enough descriptive phrases to our city's police. It must have been brutal for them. To all the people affected by this, I can't imagine what they are going through and Inwish them all the best.

The scumbag who did this can't auffer enough in my opinion. I'm glad the officers took him alive on one hand but then on the other, I know that he will probably get off far too easy with out upside down justice system.

Anyway guys I really don't have any new info. I do have the shooters name but I feel like I already jumped the gun once in this thread so on the very slim chance the information is wrong, I'll let it come out tomorrow. Thanks to everyone for giving me an outlet to vent. This doesn't affect me personally but man it hits hard and close to home

No info on shooter yet? I shouldnt be surprised the media in Hamilton here still cant bring themselves to say the danforth was a terrorist attack.

No info on shooter yet? I shouldnt be surprised the media in Hamilton here still cant bring themselves to say the danforth was a terrorist attack.

That or freakin Incel

Highly unlikely. All the indications are it was a drug-fuelled piece of shit who escalated a domestic incident into a spree killing.

I hope the wounds he sustained are, at the very least, life changing if not actually mortal.

Highly unlikely. All the indications are it was a drug-fuelled piece of shit who escalated a domestic incident into a spree killing.

I hope the wounds he sustained are, at the very least, life changing if not actually mortal.

I thought there were two of them?

That or freakin Incel
Sorry sherbro, but that sounds like a dream you wish. We both are well aware if it was some lame incel we woulda heard about it by now. In depth. We're both aware. It's how it work so nowadays.

You hear about the Muslim extremist school teaching young children to shoot public schools up? (Southwest America yesterday)

Hasn't made the media rounds. Why do you think that is? We both know the answer. Let's work together to fix what we can. Our nations won't last more decades of nonsense. When it falls apart it goes fast. Simply bc Nobody believes in it anymore,(see Rome) and looking around now does not give confidence.

Shit the romans didn't believe in Rome so much nobody said they were even Roman after one single generation. The idea itself died.

Those that conquered Rome were to backward and low and simply extinguished the light of civilization. They couldnt replicate it themselves. When they realized there was nothing to latch onto and use, those who conquered slowly slid away.

I have read a few posts on Reddit saying that given the area the shooting took place it is highly likely there was drugs involved.

I have read a few posts on Reddit saying that given the area the shooting took place it is highly likely there was drugs involved.

@Jfrizzle lives in Brunswick and people he works with knew the victims. He's stated in this Thread it's a bad area, the perp has a criminal record and the shooting was probably drugs related.

My bet is the shit-bag got high on something, shot the family member(s)he was fighting with, then opened up on the cops who responded.

Sorry sherbro, but that sounds like a dream you wish. We both are well aware if it was some lame incel we woulda heard about it by now. In depth. We're both aware. It's how it work so nowadays.

You hear about the Muslim extremist school teaching young children to shoot public schools up? (Southwest America yesterday)

Hasn't made the media rounds. Why do you think that is? We both know the answer. Let's work together to fix what we can. Our nations won't last more decades of nonsense. When it falls apart it goes fast. Simply bc Nobody believes in it anymore,(see Rome) and looking around now does not give confidence.

Shit the romans didn't believe in Rome so much nobody said they were even Roman after one single generation. The idea itself died.

Those that conquered Rome were to backward and low and simply extinguished the light of civilization. They couldnt replicate it themselves. When they realized there was nothing to latch onto and use, those who conquered slowly slid away.

Everything you said about Rome is wrong.

Everything you said about Rome is wrong.

Oh? When the goths sacked Rome again what was the final result? Did Rome last? Did romans or their language last for more than a paltry few generations?

Or were they subsumed into new groupings of people?

How many aqueducts were built in Europe after Rome was overrun? How many great buildings built? Even their culture was subsumed.
When they started bringing in non romans out of weakness, and made the foreigners 'romans' out of even more weakness , the true born Roman citizenry was demoralized and simply but surely started to give up and no longer believed in what Rome was or represented.

Oh? When the goths sacked Rome again what was the final result? Did Rome last? Did romans or their language last for more than a paltry few generations?

Or were they subsumed into new groupings of people?

How many aqueducts were built in Europe after Rome was overrun? How many great buildings built? Even their culture was subsumed.
When they started bringing in non romans out of weakness, and made the foreigners 'romans' out of even more weakness , the true born Roman citizenry was demoralized and simply but surely started to give up and no longer believed in what Rome was or represented.

The capital had moved to Nova Roma (Constantinople), so yes, the Empire survived and so did it’s technology and culture (although by that stage thoroughly Byzantine in both East and West).

The Romans were already speaking Greek in Rome at that point because Latin is a stupid language. I don’t know if you can also speak Latin but it’s an extremely difficult language to express yourself in, hence why the Aeniad was such a big deal.

How many aqueducts are built today? Zero, because it’s not an economical way of moving water.

Great buildings? What classical Roman building is superior to Hagia Sophia? None.

CTV:

Police identify and charge suspect in deadly Fredericton shooting

Fredericton police have charged the suspect in Friday’s morning shooting that left four people dead. Matthew Vincent Raymond, 48, has been charged with four counts of first-degree murder.

Police have also released the name of the fourth victim: Bobbie Lee Wright, 32. Earlier, CTV News confirmed that Donnie Robichaud, a 42-year-old father of three, was the other civilian killed.

The other victims of the shooting were Const. Robb Costello, 45, a 20-year police veteran and a father of four, and Const. Sara Mae Burns, 43, a two-year veteran of the Fredericton police force and a married mother of three.

Global News:

Police identify Fredericton shooting suspect, lay 4 counts of first-degree murder

A 48-year-old Fredericton man is facing four counts of first-degree murder in connection with Friday morning’s shooting that left four people dead, including two police officers.

Matthew Vincent Raymond was charged Saturday morning. He was sent to hospital with serious injuries on Friday after exchanging gunfire with police officers.

In a news release Saturday morning, the Fredericton Police Force identified the civilian victims of the attack as 42-year-old Donald Adam Robichaud and 32-year-old Bobbie Lee Wright.

On Friday, police identified the two officers that died as 45-year-old Const. Robb Costello, a 20-year veteran of the force, and 43-year-old Const. Sara Burns, who joined the force two years ago.

Raymond remains in police custody and is scheduled to appear in court on Aug. 27.

It's a shame Canada doesn't have the death penalty.

My wife's brother actually knew Donnie Robichaud pretty well. Both were quite heavily involved in the local music scene years ago. Mr Robichaud had apparently not been involved very much over the last few years.

What I've been told is that it was definitely over the relationship between the two deceased. The shooter, whom I am unfamiliar with personally, is apparently an all around scumbag (goes without saying) and was probably on pills of some kind. Nothing I know for sure but that is what is being said by people close to the situation.

He is still in the hospital and from what i heard yesterday suffered a wound to the stomach. I know I won't shed a tear if he doesn't come out.

My wife's brother actually knew Donnie Robichaud pretty well. Both were quite heavily involved in the local music scene years ago. Mr Robichaud had apparently not been involved very much over the last few years.

What I've been told is that it was definitely over the relationship between the two deceased. The shooter, whom I am unfamiliar with personally, is apparently an all around scumbag (goes without saying) and was probably on pills of some kind. Nothing I know for sure but that is what is being said by people close to the situation.

He is still in the hospital and from what i heard yesterday suffered a wound to the stomach. I know I won't shed a tear if he doesn't come out.

Been trying to keep up with the news and watching this thread - thanks for the updates. Hard to believe this happened in Fredericton of all places.

Back