A gift of very expensive jewelry ~ I couldn't accept, psychological reason?

^
^
Guess it'll just be another post that goes ignored. <mma1>

@Clementine

I was offered a gift of the very expensive kind but I could not convince myself into accepting it, I'm not even quite sure myself why, but it felt all wrong o_O ~ Made the person return it for a full refund.
(Hopefully actually did it)...

Can somebody give me a psychological reason for why this happened?
Someone trying to buy your affection

You were thinking of some higher principles

I can respect it

It was several thousand dollars spent tho, like who just goes out and buys that to somebody you're not in a relationship with? o_O
He is a sweet guy! Put it just put me on the spot it felt :eek:
Its like that dude who bought a dozen roses for this random girl

Very odd and off putting acts of affection

Not even sure how you approach it. You did the right thing

Pretty sure most Sherdoggers frown upon spending money on girls :rolleyes:
Not all. It's ok as long as your in a committed relationship. But just buying gifts for a tenuous relationship reeks of insecurity in other areas of said relationship

Let him bang.

'
4qHD6Uf.gif

Somebody I've been working with for a while,
he said he wanted to give me it as a thanks for helping him reach his weight goal in 2019 -- I was just so surprised he would be so impulsive and buy that?
For what it's worth, I think you did the right thing. You would know better than we why you did it, but I suspect it was because your instincts kicked in and you didn't want this bloke to get the wrong idea. ;)

Last edited:
He’s trying to fuck and you’re not, probably a good idea to not accept the gift.

that guy jacks off to you literally every single day. he thinks of coating your face, probably even in the parking lot, right before he walks into work and says hi to you. just thought you should know

he probably has your facebook pictures up at this very moment. hell maybe hes even photoshopped your face on similar, nude bodies.

I was offered a gift of the very expensive kind but I could not convince myself into accepting it, I'm not even quite sure myself why, but it felt all wrong o_O ~ Made the person return it for a full refund.

Depends, is this the same dude who said I love you after a week, or a totally different person?
Even if it was a diff person, I’d guess that you felt like something else (of an emotional nature) accompanied this gift that you weren’t entirely comfortable with.

Somebody I've been working with for a while,
he said he wanted to give me it as a thanks for helping him reach his weight goal in 2019 -- I was just so surprised he would be so impulsive and buy that?
Oh, I guess should’ve read more of this thread before I asked dumb questions, lol. My answer stands though. There’s more to the gift than what he says, you know that, but you aren’t into it. You made the right choice. Shit would get too emotionally weird accepting a gift like that.

You know the answer. Its creepy as fuck. You just wanted to tell us dudes are showering you with gifts. He probably wants to suck your cock. Just let him, guy.

It's just straight up weird behaviour from him, that's why, I wouldn't put any more thought toward it now you've turned it down already.

You helping him with his goal weight coupled with his probable attraction to you resulted in him buying it, that's about it I reckon. He most likely thought your friendship would go further after the gift lol.

Personally I would have accepted the gift and sold it $$$

He has a crush on you and that's why he asked for your help losing weight. So it would give him an excuse to talk to you regularly, and also so you notice his weight loss and hopefully become attracted to him.

You did right by refusing the expensive gift because that would only lead him on further. A little pain now saves a lot of pain later, you did the merciful thing. Continue to subtly let him know that you're not interested because he might love you even more after you refused the gift, thinking that you love him so much that you never want him to spend that much on you, or that you're just too humble to accept.

Or blow him. Either works.

Yeah thats over the top to buy you such an expensive item, it was cool that you helped him with his weight, but a gold necklace is too much. Maybe a box of chocolates would have been more appropriate.

Back