A gift of very expensive jewelry ~ I couldn't accept, psychological reason?

Luthien

Hungry Cat ',-
@Steel
Reaction score
I was offered a gift of the very expensive kind but I could not convince myself into accepting it, I'm not even quite sure myself why, but it felt all wrong o_O ~ Made the person return it for a full refund.
(Hopefully actually did it)...

Can somebody give me a psychological reason for why this happened?

Which Sherdogger was this?

What did you do to said person to make you feel bad accepting the gift?

I was offered a gift of the very expensive kind but I could not convince myself into accepting it, I'm not even quite sure myself why, but it felt all wrong o_O ~ Made the person return it for a full refund.

Engagement ring?

Ya shoulda just accepted the damn gift.

did you subconsciously think he was expecting sex in return?

What did you do to said person to make you feel bad accepting the gift?
Somebody I've been working with for a while,
he said he wanted to give me it as a thanks for helping him reach his weight goal in 2019 -- I was just so surprised he would be so impulsive and buy that?

Don't worry, you're just not that into him. When you find a guy you want to permanently enslave you'll have no problem taking that shiny piece of loot.

Somebody I've been working with for a while,
he said he wanted to give me it as a thanks for helping him reach his weight goal in 2019 -- I was just so surprised he would be so impulsive and buy that?
You provided gains, he provided the gift. I'd accept.

Don't worry, you're just not that into him. When you find a guy you want to permanently enslave you'll have no problem taking that shiny piece of loot.
:D When you put it like that <Lmaoo>

Expensive gift refused because intended receiver doesn't want the giver to act like he/she "owns" the receiver because of the gift. Quid pro quo.

You provided gains, he provided the gift. I'd accept.
It was several thousand dollars spent tho, like who just goes out and buys that to somebody you're not in a relationship with? o_O
He is a sweet guy! Put it just put me on the spot it felt :eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back