A gift of very expensive jewelry ~ I couldn't accept, psychological reason?

He just wanted to bang, good call on not accepting.

Expensive gift refused because intended receiver doesn't want the giver to act like he/she "owns" the receiver because of the gift. Quid pro quo.
Mmyeah, kinda makes you feel like a jerk tho, things clearly didn't go as he had envisioned... I will bring it up carefully next time I see him

Mmyeah, kinda makes you feel like a jerk tho, things clearly didn't go as he had envisioned... I will bring it up carefully next time I see him
Not accepting the gift is better than accepting and selling it on ebay. Then when he asks why haven't I seen you wear it, you respond I sold it on ebay.

You are not into it and you would feel bad accepting a gift from someone you don't project yourself dating in the future, quiet rare among females.

You are not into it and you would feel bad accepting a gift from someone you don't project yourself dating in the future, quiet rare among females.
Yeah, they'd just take it and sell it or trade it for drugs.

Somebody I've been working with for a while,
he said he wanted to give me it as a thanks for helping him reach his weight goal in 2019 -- I was just so surprised he would be so impulsive and buy that?

He was hoping you'd let him pity-bang.

Beta move trying to pay for the possible chance to guilt you into a terrible date and disappointing sex

pics of necklace? With cleavage of corse

I mean um, don't all guys that buy stuff like that for a girl on some level?

yea when they wanna goad you into banging ... the only exception is when you are already in a relationship for a while.

Thanks for the helpful replies guys, I got lots to think about o_O
Getting in the car now, I'll check the thread once I get home!
<GrassoBless> I'm sure there will be something witty said :rolleyes:

Might have been a good decision he might have taken it the wrong way and think you owe him something in return like emotionally or something

A golden necklace is kinda a romantic gift from a guy to a girl isn't it? Wearing that would be weird, I'm mulling over it...

Yes. a more suitable gift for the non romantic is a pearl necklace.<Goldie11>

Yes. a more suitable gift for the non romantic is a pearl necklace.<Goldie11>

Oh, you sick bastard. I was going to post that.

And to put it into perspective, I would be pissed off at another guy buying my wife a gold necklace and would want to know exactly what sort of relationship was going on.... although if you're single this might not be quite the same.

But several 1000 dollars worth is kinda serious . Heck, I don't even spend that on my wife's jewellery.

You had to accept the necklace and donate it to Sherdog.
Or accept it saying this will enable many starving Etheropians to have a Sam's Club hot dog soda combo.

I was offered a gift of the very expensive kind but I could not convince myself into accepting it, I'm not even quite sure myself why, but it felt all wrong o_O ~ Made the person return it for a full refund.
(Hopefully actually did it)...

Can somebody give me a psychological reason for why this happened?

Sorry, I couldn't return that diamond ring gif.

*Let me tell you how you feel how I feel that you feel by the fight in the ring*

<{Joewithit}>

You probably feel like the person is trying to buy your love instead of earning it. In the same vein, you think he might expect something in returm as an exchange. Which he might. Also, maybe you just feel like he is moving way too fast with a serious gesture of something really expensive.

Last edited:
Same reason you don't accept gifts in prison.

Back