5 most over-rated rappers

It's the truth.

It really isn't.

How much records has Cormega sold in his career? Who rates outside the few who know him. Might as well say Tragedy Khadafi at that point.

I wouldn't even respond to G Rap. You can have that opinion but it's...well...interesting.

I don't even think Cormega is even close to being the most overrated in his neighborhood let alone the thousands upon thousands of rappers who have outsold him and are actually known.

Hopsin is overrated? I've literally never heard anyone mention his name ever.

I feel good that I have no idea who Big L and French Montana are. Like I've accomplished something.

Big L's an amazing rapper. He's easily in my top 100, and considering how many rappers there have been in the past 40 years and how little work he put out, that's prestigious.
That said, there are some weirdos out there who will give you a Big L song that is supposed to epitomize how he is and was the greatest MC to ever grace a mic, and it just always falls flat. Awesome rapper though

His structure is just on another level.

My actual list is like:
Wayne
Tech N9ne
Drake
Big L (P4p, i love the guy)
Kweli

i avoided all music sites back in the day ..still do to an extent

also speaking of HHID..i never knew that chris webber produced "blunt ashes"

Holyshit, it's funny you mention that, because literally like 2 weeks ago I gave it another spin and was curious who produced it. Wiki'd it, and was like "THE Chris Webber" clicked the link and there it was.

That's a damn solid beat.

Big L's an amazing rapper. He's easily in my top 100, and considering how many rappers there have been in the past 40 years and how little work he put out, that's prestigious.
That said, there are some weirdos out there who will give you a Big L song that is supposed to epitomize how he is and was the greatest MC to ever grace a mic, and it just always falls flat. Awesome rapper though

it's like any other genre, he's an amazingly talented rapper that isn't well known. Hipsters where band tshirts until the band gets popular...cept Big L will never really be a commercial success, so hipster hip hoppers are pretty safe in supporting him as the goat while staying "edgy" and "unique". Shit, even Immortal Technique is unfashionable to hip hop hipsters these days.

Jay was a monster in his early years: Reasonable Doubt.

But, now he is average as a lyricist.

But can't pick a beat to save his life.

Bust out the dictionary all he wants, he will always be the guy who took the world by storm and did fuck all.

True....
but albums like 2000 BC and Rip the Jacker had good beats.

I think he embarrassed himself pretty bad with that whole Stan stint.
No idea what he could have been thinking.

Actually let me replace Kweli with Immortal Technique. probably the corniest rapper ever to grace a mic

Nas is just another rich artist now...the morons who stay "True to the Streets" end up poor in the street. At the end of the day Jay Z probably annoys me more than actually being bad...I guess I can't hate on him at all for catering to shitty tastes as most people's taste is in there ass anyway.

I dumbed down for my audience to double my dollars
They criticized me for it, yet they all yell "holla"
If skills sold, truth be told, I'd probably be
Lyrically Talib Kweli
Truthfully I wanna rhyme like Common Sense
But I did 5 mill' - I ain't been rhyming like Common since
When your cents got that much in common
And you been hustling since your inception
Fuck perception. Go with what makes sense

Some of the worst rappers ever were on the indie label Anticon.

Too much spokenword garbage and banging on pots and pans.

Rakim.

There I said it.

Oh and Biggie. Yeah he was nice, and said some off the wall clever shit, but lol at people calling him the best ever.
Prime Jay was on his level (Reasonable Doubt)

Holyshit, it's funny you mention that, because literally like 2 weeks ago I gave it another spin and was curious who produced it. Wiki'd it, and was like "THE Chris Webber" clicked the link and there it was.

That's a damn solid beat.

he also did "surviving the times" ...pretty solid songs for a guy who came from basketball

True....
but albums like 2000 BC and Rip the Jacker had good beats.

I think he embarrassed himself pretty bad with that whole Stan stint.
No idea what he could have been thinking.

Outside of the 4 Horseman track on 2000 BC and some shit on Mic Club...he's albums have been lackluster at best. Never cared for Rip the Jacker though I know it's a sin to say that because of Stoupe.

Can we all agree how awful Slaughterhouse is?

Back