5 most over-rated rappers

Chuck D
Tupac
Beastie Boys
Run DMC
JayZ

I'm only basing this on lyrical skills.
Chuck D's rhymes are just terrible.

"I got*a letter*from the government*the other day/ I opened and read it, it said they were suckers"

that one line shits on 90% of rappers whole career.

ab-soul > kendrick lamar

[itp://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a30/ElCoolGuy/ug07e397.gif[/img]

Cain_JDS_staredown.png

The fuck you say?

Yeah Kendrick is terrible outside maybe 2 songs

ha

i knew that might get the people going

Nas is a sellout, a hypocrite, kind of an idiot, but he's nowhere near overrated as an MC. I think his catalog is overrated, but skill for skill, he's in the GOAT discussion. He's just the easy answer for casual rap fans the same way Ali is the easy answer for casual boxing fans. I mean, he may be the greatest, but if you pretend that it's not a discussion, you're just making up for your ignorance on the subject

Lyrically Canibus is one of my favorites.
It's a shame he wanted to do a freestyle against Diz.

Poet Laureate I and II and Infinity are nutty.
Cenior Studies is dope, dawg.

1 - Common - not as clever and deep as he is portrayed.
2 - Snoop Dog - Among the greats, puts rhymes together like a 1st grader.
3 - Ghostface - Rides Wu coattails, puts random words together with a highpitched voice without flow, people like him since they are too hipster to acknowledge the higher profile Wu members are better (M.E.T.H.O.D.)
4 - K.R.S. - thinks he is deep, he is not, he yells his name a lot and how he is #1, I don't like his face.
5 - Your mom - She can't rhyme for sh*t

Dylan
Dylan
Dylan
Dylan
And Dylan, although he does spit hot fire.

Seriously:
Jay Z
Lil Wayne
Drake
Eminem

Those four are fucking awful.

Speaking of that Can, this is the only worthwhile thing Em has done in 10 years

Speaking of overrated.

Dat 97 hype still going huh?

3 - Ghostface - Rides Wu coattails, puts random words together with a highpitched voice without flow, people like him since they are too hipster to acknowledge the higher profile Wu members are better (M.E.T.H.O.D.)

Out of all the Wu members, this is who you pick?
Seriously, fuck this post with a rubber spatula.

Nas is a sellout, a hypocrite, kind of an idiot, but he's nowhere near overrated as an MC. I think his catalog is overrated, but skill for skill, he's in the GOAT discussion. He's just the easy answer for casual rap fans the same way Ali is the easy answer for casual boxing fans. I mean, he may be the greatest, but if you pretend that it's not a discussion, you're just making up for your ignorance on the subject

MC Serch has some funny stories about dealing with a young Nas.... how the kid just was not there mentally. Like he was looney in the dome.

Pete Nice had some good stories about Tupac back when he was in Digital Underground.... how he was really nice but always trying to bum money off of people to buy McDonalds or something.

But when he made it big he wouldn't even acknowledge guys that he knew while he was coming up the ranks.

Tupac

Notorious BIG

Eminem

Beastie Boys

Wayne/ Drake

JayZ
Lil Wayne

Big L and Fat Joe (these two get so much respect and I could never understand why)

if were talking popular rappers, french montana sucks dick

If you can listen to "Politics as Usual" think that it's mediocre, I really can't pretend to give a fuck about your opinion

I wasn't talking about one song. Even hip hop dipshits back in the day liked Skee Low's "a little bit taller"...doesn't mean he has an overall great catalogue. Jay has put out a lot of shit and there a is a whole lot of "big pimpin" bullshit flooding over his better lyricism.

So pretend to give a fuck and keep the nuance above in mind...tons of guys have good ability here and there, Jay's work is rather mediocre IMO and his high notes are trounced by his corny ones.

MC Serch has some funny stories about dealing with a young Nas.... how the kid just was not there mentally. Like he was looney in the dome.

Pete Nice had some good stories about Tupac back when he was in Digital Underground.... how he was really nice but always trying to bum money off of people to buy McDonalds or something.

But when he made it big he wouldn't even acknowledge guys that he knew while he was coming up the ranks.

Pac and Nas both had some serious identity problems. Nas still does. Ether was incredible, but Jay really made some valid points about Nas. It's funny how that beef has come full circle.

It went from Nas saying "I DON'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT YOUR MONEY AND FAME YOU FUCKING PHONY" to celebrating Illmatic's 20th anniversary at Coachella WITH Jay and Gwen fuckin' Stefani

Back