5 most over-rated rappers

jay won that battle in the end due to signing nas

I wasn't talking about one song. Even hip hop dipshits back in the day liked Skee Low's "a little bit taller"...doesn't mean he has an overall great catalogue. Jay has put out a lot of shit and there a is a whole lot of "big pimpin" bullshit flooding over his better lyricism.

So pretend to give a fuck and keep the nuance above in mind...tons of guys have good ability here and there, Jay's work is rather mediocre IMO and his high notes are trounced by his corny ones.

Uh, that's cool, he still has
RD
Vo1. 1
Vol. 2
Blueprint
Black Album
American Gangster

All fantastic albums. The Rolling Stones have fucking atrocious albums. I mean ATROCIOUS. They're still one of the greatest bands ever and nobody is really fucking with their best albums.

Kool G Rap was waaaaaaaaaaaaay ahead of the game with his flow.

I'm speaking very specifically to the ones who call Nas the GOAT solely off Illmatic.

that's fair enough...I guess this discussion is easier if it's titled "which rappers suck" haha.

jay won that battle in the end due to signing nas

When this happened, I shit you not, the general consensus among NaSi's was that Jay signing Nas to his label was a sign of weakness because he knew Nas would make him more money than he could get by himself.

I'm fine with Nas living off Illmatic and a lesser extent IWW.

Such good music.

I feel good that I have no idea who Big L and French Montana are. Like I've accomplished something.

When this happened, I shit you not, the general consensus among NaSi's was that Jay signing Nas to his label was a sign of weakness because he knew Nas would make him more money than he could get by himself.

lolololol oh man

When Tha Carter III come out, suddenly people started comparing Wayne to the all time greats, not only that but then he started appearing in EVERYONE'S songs from T.I. to Shakira to Mary J. Blige and even Limp Bizkit. It was a quick oversaturation of someone who is one of the p4p worst lyricist i've ever heard. Then he paved the way for Nicki and Drake and countless other Wayne clones. It was not a good time for hip hop.

Wayne stole so much of his style from Clipse. He owes them so many royalties.

Speaking of overrated.

Dat 97 hype still going huh?

Lyrically the guy is solid.

Technology not available for purchase
My brains collects, stores, and converts million bar verses
At a stand-off distance of a thousand feet
I illuminate the target and pound em to sleep
To within one micro-inch if you out in the street
I could close my ears and still move my mouth to the beat
Dial-up to your network and make your files delete
Count to three, listen to your browser beep
Too late, foot already stepped in the feces
Dr. Norton's too sick to help your PCs
Virtually I make your virtual memory freeze
With a weapon of mass destruction ..WMD
I'm a TMC trouble to MCs
Destroy colonies with UCAVs
I send in no less than twenty A-teams
Wipe you out before I even get to the Bs
With my Trans-atmospheric space based mirrors
Can you write that out without typographical error

Pac and Nas both had some serious identity problems. Nas still does. Ether was incredible, but Jay really made some valid points about Nas. It's funny how that beef has come full circle.

It went from Nas saying "I DON'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT YOUR MONEY AND FAME YOU FUCKING PHONY" to celebrating Illmatic's 20th anniversary at Coachella WITH Jay and Gwen fuckin' Stefani

That's why these discussions now are nothing to me. I wish some of you knew what it was like in the trenches 05-07

i avoided all music sites back in the day ..still do to an extent

also speaking of HHID..i never knew that chris webber produced "blunt ashes"

Dylon
Dylon
Dylon
Dylon
Dylon

oh wait ... I thought you said 5 greatest rappers

Pac and Nas both had some serious identity problems. Nas still does. Ether was incredible, but Jay really made some valid points about Nas. It's funny how that beef has come full circle.

It went from Nas saying "I DON'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT YOUR MONEY AND FAME YOU FUCKING PHONY" to celebrating Illmatic's 20th anniversary at Coachella WITH Jay and Gwen fuckin' Stefani

Nas is just another rich artist now...the morons who stay "True to the Streets" end up poor in the street. At the end of the day Jay Z probably annoys me more than actually being bad...I guess I can't hate on him at all for catering to shitty tastes as most people's taste is in there ass anyway.

i love that pusha still goes at wayne and wayne refuses to respond

Back