5 most over-rated rappers

Wu-Tang Clan. P4P the most overrated rappers ever.

Also lil Wayne, The Game, D-12, Puffy, Master P.

Biggie was a basic lyricist. He had the flow, the 'realness' and the marketability to make him a huge success. RtD was a great album, but as an artist big seemed like nothing remarkable.

You're basing this on a very short sample size in a very specific time in hip hop. I feel like if he stayed around longer like Jay-z people would feel alot different about him. As you said Jay-z albums from the same era were quality but look how people view him now.

94-96 were 3 of the best years of hip hop and it's between RD and Illmatic as the two best albums that came out them. Sorry, no. Skill for Skill, Big is top 5 and his two albums were flawless. I'm not buying the bias you're spinning.

I have no idea who a lot of these people are. Wayne is terrible, that's about all I know

Anyone ever listen to Tongue Twista? Cool gimmick at first.... but it got annoying trying to keep up:

Biggie was a basic lyricist. He had the flow, the 'realness' and the marketability to make him a huge success. RtD was a great album. But as an artist big seemed like nothing remarkable.

There is just straight bullshit dripping from this sentence. I really, honestly doubt you've listened to either of Big's abum if you had the audacity to post this. You're just remembering your parents listening to "Hypnotize"

No, its a diss to Rakim. 3rd Bass was waaaay ahead of its time. MC Search was better lyrically than Rakim. Pete Nice too.

Always liked Pete Nice:

I take a listen to the lyrics I formed up
Slidin' in the green hornet as I warm it up
'Cause the third is like a lyric dispenser
For hire like Spencer but my trigger fingers tenser

94-96 were 3 of the best years of hip hop and it's between RD and Illmatic as the two best albums that came out them. Sorry, no. Skill for Skill, Big is top 5 and his two albums were flawless. I'm not buying the bias you're spinning.

I think RD is a great album but for me it's no where near better than say:

The Infamous, OB4CL, Liquid Swords, The Sun Rises in the East, Atliens, etc.

There is just straight bullshit dripping from this sentence. I really, honestly doubt you've listened to either of Big's abum if you had the audacity to post this. You're just remembering your parents listening to "Hypnotize"

[yt[/MEDIA]

And how many songs like this has he put out? It's great, well done. But so many of his lines are forgettable. Inconsistent.

I think RD is a great album but for me it's no where near better than say:

The Infamous, OB4CL, Liquid Swords, The Sun Rises in the East, Atliens, etc.

I rate it above all of those and i'm a huge Wu and Mobb mark. I don't know how it gets swept under the rug so much. Maybe it's mainstream appeal from the singles?

Shook Ones and Elevators are about the only songs from any of those holding a candle to anything on RD not named "Juicy" or "One More Chance"

The only thing diddys good at is his shit talking about how rich he is

And how many songs like this has he put out? It's great, well done. But so many of his lines are forgettable.

Literally dozens. Dead give away that you have not listened to Big outside of what you saw on TV in elementary school

I rate it above all of those and i'm a huge Wu and Mobb mark. I don't know how it gets swept under the rug so much. Maybe it's mainstream appeal from the singles?

Shook Ones and Elevators are about the only songs from any of those holding a candle to anything on RD not named "Juicy" or "One More Chance"

Opinions.

OB4CL and The Infamous (Though sometimes I like Hell on Earth more) are probably my favorite albums along with Illmatic, Enter the Wu, and 6 Feet Deep (Sorry, love that album)

I will add Ice cube to the list.

Back