49-46 says other wise

"Only winning 1 minute" is seriously underselling it. It was by far the biggest moment in the fight and nearly lead to a stoppage. Leon got saved by the bell

so what leon found a way to thru it an 49-46 still happened.

More net worth than everyone on the main card combined, yup.

so what. money cant win you fights.

if nate didnt get lucky to ge the conor fight he couldnt of invested early in weed and make money of drug users.

funny how nate gets away with all the weed stuff but if that was dc or khabib the mob would say how dare they make money of drug addicts.

Leon's just gonna be on the fringe of contender for a while. The fight to make is Mas vs. Leon. While Leon's name is still fresh in peoples heads.
Yeah, he needs to jump at the Jorge fight asap, but its another gimmick fight that could lower his stock even more. He really needs to beat a top 5, saying that Mas is 7th, so I guess other than RDA, thats the highest ranked fighter he will face.
If he wants to save face, he needs to sign a fight, otherwise he will look like a scared bitch

Being close to being finished doesn't matter. GSP was nearly finished by Condit but GSP dominated Condit into irrelevancy that fight, same for when Rampage caught Rashad or a million other fights that people have forgotten how close the winner was to getting finished now (unless you're Fedor because the Fedor hate train from the noobs on here is still very strong). Getting a lucky punch only matters if you can actually do something with it IE Cain vs JDS 1, otherwise it just makes you look worse when you get lucky and can't do anything with. Nate especially looked like a clown losing that opportunity, though I let him off the hook a little because I don't think he even cares to win or lose at this point and his own mind he wins anyways.

so what. money cant win you fights.

if nate didnt get lucky to ge the conor fight he couldnt of invested early in weed and make money of drug users.

funny how nate gets away with all the weed stuff but if that was dc or khabib the mob would say how dare they make money of drug addicts.

I believe you are missing the point here. The consensus is that Nate doesn't give two shits about fighting anymore. He's stated in the past that he fought for chump change for too long. His motivation is $$$. He's a draw. Even if he had 10 straight losses some people would still pay to see him. He's beyond the UFC now. He simply uses the company as a tool to generate more followers and money, in return the UFC gets more buys and attention as well. They lack big named stars and Nate is definitely one if the biggest. No matter how much some people may hate it or bash him for his performances. This is business and in business, the people who generate dollars trump the guy busting his ass and grinding to the top. It's not a great scenario for some of the fighters but it is what it is.

You speak of luck. Everyone gets a little bit of luck at some point in their lives. It's how you use that to your advantage that can change the course of your entire life. Nate played his cards excellently. He's a survivor. He will continue to generate more and more money despite his performances in the octagon. The fights are just a means to an end.

Nate clearly won that fight. Only the ignorant would say otherwise. The last minute counts more, smart fans like me know this.

Nate lost. As a fan, I'm fine with that. But once again people underestimated him and he showed up to fight. His stock only went up with that fight. Thus furthering the assertion that his gimmick/lack there of, has better long-term implications for the sport than Conor.

In contrast, Conor's stock goes down with every loss.

based on what? Conor’s last fight was a top 5 all time PPV.

based on what? Conor’s last fight was a top 5 all time PPV.
Upon looking that up, you make a difficult case to argue. But I'll give it a shot. Conor is a bubble. Bubble's are at their largest, just before they burst.

Are you really telling me he's not losing fans by the masses?

You think if he loses this next fight with Dustin anyone will care about who he fights? That is, short of Nate or one of the Paul bros?

If so, we're just going to have to agree to disagree. And let time sort this dispute out.

there no way for the diva brothers to spin it any other way than nate got smoked.

now i see the diva army like if there was a 7th round nate wins.

why cant nate just take losing like a man.
Aww...that's cute

Upon looking that up, you make a difficult case to argue. But I'll give it a shot. Conor is a bubble. Bubble's are at their largest, just before they burst.

Are you really telling me he's not losing fans by the masses?

You think if he loses this next fight with Dustin anyone will care about who he fights? That is, short of Nate or one of the Paul bros?

If so, we're just going to have to agree to disagree. And let time sort this dispute out.
Speculation vs facts. But, I like your rebuttal

Punching bag will get a cool 5 mill to get beat by Jake Paul soon enough.

When will fighters realize that winning or losing the fight against Diaz doesn't matter as much as how you fight him? He's a throwback to the days when people were paid to fight each other, and this wasn't so much a sport. His brand caters to people who want to see tough guys throw down and have a slobber knocker. You'll get the rub if you oblige the fight. Leg jabbing, lnp, and point fighting are pretty the only ways you lose a fight against a Diaz brother... even if you win.

Nate can do anything at this point and make money. He's established himself. He doesn't even need the UFC at this point to generate income. He wins. He got exactly what he wanted from this situation.
Who doesn't love the story of the gladiator that bought his own freedom by betting on himself and winning against long odds?

Why can't Nate take losing like a man? The guy has been fighting killers at the top of the heap for almost 20 years. He is the epitome of a winner and is marketing himself in a smart way. What's he supposed to say? “I suck, buy my weed"

What the hell are you people smoking? Love him or hate him the guy is a legend and helped the sport grow <{natewhut}>

If the fight happened in streets without time limit Nate wouldve killed him.

Fights in the streets generally last for seconds not go on for half an hour. A fight in the streets would also see Edwards fight quite differently so this kind of argument is pointless.

Back