49-46 says other wise

Edwards was not expected to barely win, he was expected to dominate and he was a massive favorite in the books.

The fact that we are discussing this fight the way we are means that he has not made a positive statement that he was expected to make.

It's hard to understand for the simple minded. And those who get it, presumably, are done explaining it.

Or you're a clueless Diaz fan who thinks him not getting KTFO'd is some sort of victory.

49-46 isnt competive, leon was beating him easy an nate only won 1 min of the fight.
"Only winning 1 minute" is seriously underselling it. It was by far the biggest moment in the fight and nearly lead to a stoppage. Leon got saved by the bell

How did his stock go up? He racked up yet another loss to a top 5 fighter. He's washed and overrated.

Doesn't matter.

To quote the wise words of 2pac..."If this was chess, we'd be yelling checkmate 3 mothafuckin years ago"

Nate is all about making paper and rightfully so. He paid his dues long ago. You think he really gives a rats ass about how he's ranked in the octagon at this point? He's put in his time, it's all about net worth.

Sad thing for Leon is, he almost got finished by a guy who came off a 2 year lay off and who was smoking the chronic in the days leading up to the fight, lol.

Or you're a clueless Diaz fan who thinks him not getting KTFO'd is some sort of victory.
Lol, the stadium explodes for him. Backstage, every fighter in the house sought him out to congratulate him. Twitter exploded. FFS, sherdog has gone nuts, and he didn't even win. Are you Nate-hater? Or just obtuse?
<{vega}>

Doesn't matter.

To quote the wise words of 2pac..."If this was chess, we'd be yelling checkmate 3 mothafuckin years ago"

Nate is all about making paper and rightfully so. He paid his dues long ago. You think he really gives a rats ass about how he's ranked in the octagon at this point? He's put in his time, it's all about net worth.

Sad thing for Leon is, he almost got finished by a guy who came off a 2 year lay off and who was smoking the chronic in the days leading up to the fight, lol.

That was just him gassing from ring rust. He wasn't even close to being finished.

Lol, the stadium explodes for him. Backstage, every fighter in the house sought him out to congratulate him. Twitter exploded. FFS, sherdog has gone nuts, and he didn't even win. Are you Nate-hater? Or just obtuse?
<{vega}>

You sound like a right beta...

"Twitter exploded" and Sherdog has gone nuts" for a wide decision loss lol.

You sound like a right beta...

"Twitter exploded" and Sherdog has gone nuts" for a wide decision loss lol.
The numbers support my assertion. Nothing but Nate haters support yours.
<Moves>

Nate lost. As a fan, I'm fine with that. But once again people underestimated him and he showed up to fight. His stock only went up with that fight. Thus furthering the assertion that his gimmick/lack there of, has better long-term implications for the sport than Conor.

In contrast, Conor's stock goes down with every loss.
Exactly, I said all week Diaz would loose and I am a fan. But I knew he would show everyone Leon is not the fighter he thinks, or all his casual fans think. Last night DIaz exposed for any top WW to deal with easily. I am excited to see Leon's next move, especially now Dana has basically said no title shot after last night.

Whats he gonna do? Wait for WB and Burns to fight for the next possibe contender spot after CC and Usman fight again, and expect to jump the line after last ngihts perfmorance and his padded win streak. Go fight Jorge or a top WW and show us you stand a chance with Usman

49-46 isnt competive, leon was beating him easy an nate only won 1 min of the fight.

My thoughts exactly. Leon won 96% of the fight minutes and Nate won 4%. Without that single minute, its 100% and 50 to 45. I like Nate and he's done well for himself from a financial standpoint and building a fan base (well deserved too), but he lost the way he always does to upper tier fighters. No shame in that - he's a warrior, its just that there are better warriors than him.

Edwards was not expected to barely win, he was expected to dominate and he was a massive favorite in the books.

The fact that we are discussing this fight the way we are means that he has not made a positive statement that he was expected to make.
Lol, which rounds did you give Nate then? I gave him the last only because of one punch rofl.

He got dominated out there, no question who was the better fighter. Not even close. If they run it back, Nate gets smoked again.

Exactly, I said all week Diaz would loose and I am a fan. But I knew he would show everyone Leon is not the fighter he thinks, or all his casual fans think. Last night DIaz exposed for any top WW to deal with easily. I am excited to see Leon's next move, especially now Dana has basically said no title shot after last night.

Whats he gonna do? Wait for WB and Burns to fight for the next possibe contender spot after CC and Usman fight again, and expect to jump the line after last ngihts perfmorance and his padded win streak. Go fight Jorge or a top WW and show us you stand a chance with Usman
Leon's just gonna be on the fringe of contender for a while. The fight to make is Mas vs. Leon. While Leon's name is still fresh in peoples heads.

Then he almost gets stopped while (and this is the worst part) trying to play it safe and coast to a W.
I don't think so, he was trying to land a kill shot and that's part of the reason why he got caught like he did.

Love Nate but he needs to switch up camps/styles/ something. Like you’ve been off how long and shown no improvements.

Simple math tells me that 25 minutes=4%/minute. Edwards dominated 96% of that fight. No loser, or casual will convince me otherwise. And since Nate didn’t win in the last minute. He thoroughly got his ass handed to him. Come on.

Lol, which rounds did you give Nate then? I gave him the last only because of one punch rofl.

He got dominated out there, no question who was the better fighter. Not even close. If they run it back, Nate gets smoked again.
You don't seem to be getting it, he was getting hit throughout the fight, he escaped a submission by cheating, and he almost got kod.
The only two moments that could have finished the fight early had him on the receiving end.

He was fully expected to run through Nate, look at the odds, and not only did it not happen, he was in bigger danger in this fight than Nate.

Back