49-46 says other wise

Sure he lost the fight, so what? The guy probably gained more fans and is capable of making more money off of a loss than all the winners of that card combined.

He wins in the long run.

He only wins fans who are not watching mma for technical skill display but who like his personality and like to see blood in the octagon.

there no way for the diva brothers to spin it any other way than nate got smoked.

now i see the diva army like if there was a 7th round nate wins.

why cant nate just take losing like a man.

Why can't you appreciate how much dog the Diaz brothers have in them? They are old now but it wasn't long ago that they gave Connor more than he could handle.

Why can't you appreciate how much dog the Diaz brothers have in them? They are old now but it wasn't long ago that they gave Connor more than he could handle.

they are divas since the conor fight.

I believe you are missing the point here. The consensus is that Nate doesn't give two shits about fighting anymore. He's stated in the past that he fought for chump change for too long. His motivation is $$$. He's a draw. Even if he had 10 straight losses some people would still pay to see him. He's beyond the UFC now. He simply uses the company as a tool to generate more followers and money, in return the UFC gets more buys and attention as well. They lack big named stars and Nate is definitely one if the biggest. No matter how much some people may hate it or bash him for his performances. This is business and in business, the people who generate dollars trump the guy busting his ass and grinding to the top. It's not a great scenario for some of the fighters but it is what it is.

You speak of luck. Everyone gets a little bit of luck at some point in their lives. It's how you use that to your advantage that can change the course of your entire life. Nate played his cards excellently. He's a survivor. He will continue to generate more and more money despite his performances in the octagon. The fights are just a means to an end.

nate before fighting conor was fighting where he should of been on tuf cards and fights night event cause he wasnt seen as a top level fighter. this is why i like nate when he was a fighter not a twitter diva. he was lucky to be living in cal an get to invest in weed early from those million he made fighting conor.

You can say leon won on points that’s fine.
but he actually got the shit beat out of him and couldn’t walk a straight line for minutes after the bell sounded.

If mma was a real fight or resembled a real fight at all. Nate would have won as Leon couldnt stand and was concussed.

Vut don’t worry modern mma doesn’t resemble a fight at all. So leon won the match.

nate before fighting conor was fighting where he should of been on tuf cards and fights night event cause he wasnt seen as a top level fighter. this is why i like nate when he was a fighter not a twitter diva. he was lucky to be living in cal an get to invest in weed early from those million he made fighting conor.

lol no he wasn’t the guy was extremely popular just being on tough as his brother is a fighting legend and every fight they’ve had is entertainment.

that’s kind of the purpose to watch fights or any sport is for entertainment and how one performs.

it’s like a boxing fan shitting on gatti or Mickey ward. Or mayorga.

what are you even talking about.

there no way for the diva brothers to spin it any other way than nate got smoked.

snackdiva is looking forward to Nate still calling his shots even after a loss.

Stay mad. Nate loves you.

kyyJ5cc.gif

lol no he wasn’t the guy was extremely popular just being on tough as his brother is a fighting legend and every fight they’ve had is entertainment.

that’s kind of the purpose to watch fights or any sport is for entertainment and how one performs.

it’s like a boxing fan shitting on gatti or Mickey ward. Or mayorga.

what are you even talking about.

nate was such not a draw or anything his title fight was on free tv not on a ppv. now a days they make interm belts every few months to main event ppvs now.

nate was such not a draw or anything his title fight was on free tv not on a ppv. now a days they make interm belts every few months to main event ppvs now.

what do you mean by a draw? Nobody is a draw in mma but the few obvious. People say jones isn’t a draw.

The crowd has always pulled for him by his fighting style. The guys had always been fun to watch. And he had the benefit of Nick being loved by fans before he got his name out. And a fan favorite since he started in the ufc.

Its not like nate was even beat down the first 4 rounds. It was competitive. Nate landed clean shots on the feet, held his own in the clinch, and got up after TD everytime. He lost first 4 rounds sure but it wasn't the 10-8s or quick finish people expected. The cuts always make it look way worse than it really is for Nate.

If nate didn't have a fight IQ worse than that orc Vettori he could have easily finished Leon after putting him out on his feet in the 5th.

Leon was absolutely done and Nate inexplicably gave him 15 seconds to allow him to recover enough to survive to the bell. And make no mistake Leon was saved by the bell. Nate was never in danger of being finished in this fight, not even close.

BTW Masvidal beat Nate's ass 10x harder than Leon did

My thoughts exactly. Leon won 96% of the fight minutes and Nate won 4%. Without that single minute, its 100% and 50 to 45. I like Nate and he's done well for himself from a financial standpoint and building a fan base (well deserved too), but he lost the way he always does to upper tier fighters. No shame in that - he's a warrior, its just that there are better warriors than him.

You guys act like Nate got dominated rather than losing the first 4 rounds in semi competitive fashion. I didn't see any 10-8@ and Leon did get hit, while more importantly never hurting nate other than opening up scar tissue and kicking his leg like Adesanya

Yeah, he needs to jump at the Jorge fight asap, but its another gimmick fight that could lower his stock even more. He really needs to beat a top 5, saying that Mas is 7th, so I guess other than RDA, thats the highest ranked fighter he will face.
If he wants to save face, he needs to sign a fight, otherwise he will look like a scared bitch

After what I saw Saturday, Masvidal beats his ass

You can say leon won on points that’s fine.
but he actually got the shit beat out of him and couldn’t walk a straight line for minutes after the bell sounded.

If mma was a real fight or resembled a real fight at all. Nate would have won as Leon couldnt stand and was concussed.

Vut don’t worry modern mma doesn’t resemble a fight at all. So leon won the match.

Yep, pride rules Nate wins

People realize that Nate winning and/or Nate losing, are not mutually exclusive?

Did he lose the fight? Absolutely, as TS pointed out, the Leon was cruising to a decision win and was well ahead on the score cards.

Did he "win" the fight? Also yes. He almost pulled off the hail Mary upset, and landed the most significant strikes of the bout. He had a whole stadium standing on their feet cheering wildly, and showed that he is willing to scrap from piller to post.

People love Nate because he is a fighter. He's not going to play it safe and hope to run out the clock. He's going to throw down until the final bell rings, or he gets stopped (which is almost impossible to do).

Both fighters did great, but Nate probably saw his stock move more than Leon's.

Back