Who says brothers shouldn't fight each other in MMA?

Cain Velasquez vs. Abel Trujillo.

Cain will murder Abel again.

It's always amusing when some idiot declares that he and his brothers used to "beat the shit out of each other." No, you didnt.
Yeah, me and my brother used to “beat the shit out of each other” doing pro wrestling moves and occasionally hitting each other like kids do. Absolutely not the same thing as trying to knock each other or choke each other unconscious.

I don't understand why there is this unwritten "brothers shouldn't fight each other in MMA" rule. I mean, I have two brothers and we used to beat the crap out each other as kids. Why not do it for money?

You think the Diaz brothers never beat each other up as kids? The Emelianenko brothers? Hell, the Noguera brothers were twins, there wasn't any "big brother advantage" there, you don't think they fought?

I love my brothers but if a MMA organization approached us and said, "You guys want to jump in the cage and fight?" I think we'd look at each other and say, "Well...we used to beat the hell out of each other, why not do it now for money?" Especially since the money would be really good, how many PPV buys do you think Diaz vs. Diaz would get based on the "brother vs. brother" aspect alone?

#justsayin'
What the fuck are you smoking, its one thing to have a fight with your brother when you're kids, its another to literally fight your brother to finish them, unless you hate them I guess. Yeah you would jump in there and get paid to play touch butt sparring for 15 minutes with your brother, because no one knows who you are and no one expects anything from you, but if 2 known fighters actually tried to finesse the promotion like that, I don't know, I see there being some negative consequences.

Go ahead and try to fight your brother until one of you is knocked out, then maybe you'll realize how stupid this thread question is. Adults fighting to finish each other is nothing like siblings fighting.

I won't even let my twin boys wrestle each other in tournaments when they get thrown in the same bracket against my wishes.
Smart. Brotherly competition is for the home's backyard, not in a contact sport.

TS acting like UFC is gonna offer a random pair of brothers a single fight.

They're gonna derail each other's careers. I'm not taking my brother's bag and I'm not going to alter his ability to make it bigger in the future.

No one says that, its more up to them, and which brothers are a worthy fight? Burns? Diaz?

Id say theres a lot of possibility of ruining your relationship in a fight, say u have a brainfart and unintentionally elbow the back of the head in the heat of the moment (just one example), the potential is there that one brother never forgives the other. Also the possibility of permanent injury to someone you love.

On the other hand, football and rugby players sometimes play against a brother, the violence there is sometimes equally as extreme. Like spearing and targeting just happens sometimes. Ive headbutted people running at full speed and knocked a good friend out once while on opposing football teams. I felt bad afterwards for years, but if it was my livelihood i would probably put myself in that position again.

I guess it also depends on how much the payment plays a role for the individuals standard of living etc.

Power Slap already got mans throwing handz with his Best Man and friendz be lining up to buck too 🦌🤜💥 Only a matter of tayum before Da Crazy Hawaiian squares up with Da Hawaiian Hitman for that SHW strap, battle of the bruddahs fam 🌺🔥 MMA needs to level up and catch these vibes

#PowerSlap

They should be professionals and one of the bow out then. Blaming the org is a cowardly act.
No there was definitely a lot of blame to go around. Booking two best friends/training partners against each other in a regular-season fight was poor matchmaking with predictably poor results.

Then because they train at the same gym their corners were unwilling to shout advice during the fight, and would only give water between rounds, which definitely contributed to making the fight feel like a sparring session. And of course the fighters themselves did not go 100%.

Every reasonable person thinks that brothers should not have to fight each other.

A few of my buddies and I have fought each other a few times with no ref around. We didn’t make any money and we are still really good friends. I don’t see a giant deal especially if you’re getting paid. The only issue I see is trampling on each other’s dreams.

Putting aside the obvious sociopathy/trolling for why people actually want to see this, such fights would actually be shit for consumers.

Even if one brother wasn't taking a dive, basically everyone would assume they were.
So everyone who wouldn't have a problem seeing two brothers willingly fight for money when they used to beat the crap out of each other for free makes us sociopaths and trollers?

Yeah, let's go with that. #goodcall

So everyone who wouldn't have a problem seeing two brothers willingly fight for money when they used to beat the crap out of each other for free makes us sociopaths and trollers?

Yeah, let's go with that. #goodcall

I'm glad that somehow offended you, precious.

Maybe their choice? WTF is this thread for anyway? STFU... stupid ass white belts. I dont even make dumb threads like this. Why is this in the heavies?
<3>

Back