If Volk beats Max for a third time I would consider him top 5 all time

Gracious Warrior

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Put aside all of Volks other accomplishments for a second, and just think about what it would mean for him to beat Max a third time.

Since 2013 Max's record at Featherweight outside of his Volk fights is 16-0. If it weren't for Volk he would still be champion today sitting 7 or 8 defenses. To beat such a fighter 3 times is pretty damn insane. If Volk does it I would have to give him his props and call him top 5 all time.

I mean Volk's still below Holloway and Aldo at FW. Holloway's performances at FW have been much more dominant and he has the bigger names. He's still above Volk, especially considering how close the two fights were. Aldo still the #1, going to take a while to surpass him, especially given his longevity. So quite a stretch to put Volk at a top 5 of all time when he's #2-3 at FW.

Holloway needs to work on KO power

If he learned to defend against a calf kick he would be 2-0 right now. Needs to work on that.

All time doesnt matter,useless argument,but all of sherdog should have already been bowing to Volk's might by now.

He should've lost against Kattar who Max put an all time beating on, then Max went on to beat Yair who is better than anyone on Emmett's record outside of maybe Kattar.
Man it was close. I'll admit I had Kattar winning but that 2nd round was a pube hair difference. With both guys taking 2 rounds outside of that, it really was a coin toss. Would you look more forward to Emmett or a (2nd) Max rematch is the question. It's also important to realize that Yair hadn't fought since 2019 prior to Max. He was basically holding that #3 spot hostage, but definitely proved his spot last November.

I mean Volk's still below Holloway and Aldo at FW. Holloway's performances at FW have been much more dominant and he has the bigger names. He's still above Volk, especially considering how close the two fights were. Aldo still the #1, going to take a while to surpass him, especially given his longevity. So quite a stretch to put Volk at a top 5 of all time when he's #2-3 at FW.

If he learned to defend against a calf kick he would be 2-0 right now. Needs to work on that.

If Volk beats Holloway again there’s zero argument to putting Holloway above him.

First fight wasn’t close …4-1

Volk will have an incredible resume at 145 if he gets a 3rd win over Max.

Max is a couple punches and one defended takedown away from 1-1. My how the cookie crumbles. Volk wins he's got an incredible resume. It still isn't top five, in my opinion.

All time doesnt matter,useless argument,but all of sherdog should have already been bowing to Volk's might by now.
I enjoy Volk and his cooking show. He's definitely going up there as one of the GOATs when it's all said and done.

I say he would def be top 5

Aldo is still the FW goat but only due to numbers. Volk is the best to ever do it in the division

Back