Why has the UFC booked Mcgregors retirement bout now?

TheMaster

Take The Road To Reality
@red
Reaction score
Like where does he go after ('if' lol) Poirier KOs or basically verbally submits him again with leg kicks?

Strange move, no audience either for his farewell party.

Anywhere he wants.
Holy crap you have been within the first couple responses to every thread I've clicked on tonight. looking at your join date and post count I don't know what's got you going tonight but chill bro

dont forget hes literally the only superstar in mma. He can do whatever he wants. i reckon hes gonna win too.

that is if he uses a decent training camp not. he used a guy from my neck of the woods last time who is just not at the right level for top ufc matches

he can always fight one of those Paul brothers and make millions I'd assume. Not that he needs it, but it'd be a quick easy pay day.

As long as he gets Diego for his final fight. I’m sure he’ll be pleased with his career.

after dustin KOs him again we´ll enjoy nates turn!!

It will most likely mark the end of his time of being an elite fighter, but he could easily still have money fights with a Nate Diaz, or take on veterans with a name and the UFC would of course be more than happy to arrange that. The trilogy had to made tho, that's the only way Conor could get that elite status back.

I wouldn't be surprised if he demands a 4th fight with Poirier and gets it. The trilogy with Nate Diaz will always be there.

You can only lose so many times before you become irrelevant.
Happened to Chuck as well and he was as big a star.
Chuck didn't sell fights though. He became a star thanks to TUF and MMA starting to get noticed by casuals. McGregor is a super star and even if he's on a 5 fight lose streak, he can talk up a fight and it would sell more than most PPVs. He will however have to settle for smaller paychecks if he loses again, but he'd still be a top earner.

He doesn't care, he recently cashed out of proper 12. He has got generational wealth x2 now. Win or loose i doubt he is fighting after this.

Chuck isn't remotely comparable to Conor when it comes to star power lol.

Also, who would you have him fight? They won't match him against an up and comer obviously, so either he fights irrelevant fighters like Diego, Cowboy, Nate or he fights the top LWs. Among these Poirier has (believe it or not) the easiest style for Conor to deal with.

zozd2mx.png

Anderson was main eventing up to his last fight, even got a title shot vs DC out of the blue.

just one win that ended a 5 fight losing streak gave him a main event vs Izzy.

Conor is also much younger much bigger star and much better self promoter, even if he just wins half or a third of his fights he could probably main event till he in his late 30s and people will come and see him

people still watch guys like Diaz 12 loses, masvidal 14, so that kinda invalidates your claim of " you can only lose so may times before you become irrelevant" as they still some of the most relevant fighters in the game

Last edited:
Like where does he go after ('if' lol) Poirier KOs or basically verbally submits him again with leg kicks?

Strange move, no audience either for his farewell party.
lol Sherdog will weep if Conor wins!

dont forget hes literally the only superstar in mma. He can do whatever he wants. i reckon hes gonna win too.

that is if he uses a decent training camp not. he used a guy from my neck of the woods last time who is just not at the right level for top ufc matches
"He will win, if uses a decent training camp"
He will win, if he learns how to check leg kicks"
He will win, if he gets his cardio in check"

Great advice, mate. I reckon Dustin will propably give up the moment he sees proper training camp Conor without a balloon foot.

Last edited:
Back