Alex Won't Beat Max

Pain4Pain

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Max has higher output, a better chin, is harder to hit and good TDD. The advantages Alex has is his overall athleticism, explosiveness, and power. Alex would have to eat a lot of shots to land on Max, so this fight will be competitive but it will be another UD for Max.

Needed a new thread for this whole new take

We’ll see. I worry the Poirier fight will mentally impact him. His durability will eventually be in question, does it start to show this fight?

Max should be the favorite but it’s definitely not a foregone conclusion. interesting fight. Definitely the most interesting of the three title fights.

Max is one punch from a wheel chair

See how he looks at weigh ins before making any decisions, because one thing is for sure, Volkanovski is fucking game.

I'm thinking Max wins because he is still in his Prime

Alex beat Chad who was definitely past his prime and also a declining Aldo

Alex is in this fight I just think Max will box him up and Alex will get tired in championship rounds

I dunno, we have seen many fighters have their chin ruined by a big war. I'm worried that his LW scrap has done some serious damage long term.

Max is one punch from a wheel chair

See how he looks at weigh ins before making any decisions, because one thing is for sure, Volkanovski is fucking game.

Reach is going to be extremely difficult here to overcome

I think max fights behinds his jab and cruises

-175 isn’t bad at all thinking of dropping
Some

Volk is one of the few fighters that will change up the game mid fight to suit his winning needs. Champ shit only.
And i saw the pic of him when he was 200 lbs playing rugby. He got all that strength in a 145 frame. It's some GOAT shit

Max has higher output, a better chin, is harder to hit and good TDD. The advantages Alex has is his overall athleticism, explosiveness, and power. Alex would have to eat a lot of shots to land on Max, so this fight will be competitive but it will be another UD for Max.
You up for an AV bet if you're that confident? I'll always back the Aussie in despite my irksome current signature.

I know that 240 sucked, but people are forgetting that Max has in fact fought since the Poirier fight.

Statistically they both land similar amount of strikes per minute, max landing very lightly more. But max absorbs about twice as many strikes as volk does on average.

Reach is going to be extremely difficult here to overcome

I think max fights behinds his jab and cruises

-175 isn’t bad at all thinking of dropping
Some

Max will be eating leg kicks all night if he tries to just fight long behind a jab. Volkanovski isn't helpless at kickboxibg range, plus he has 2-3 inches of reach on max. Frankie landed plenty on max and he has shorter arms than volkanovski and he doesn't kick as often as volkanovski. I think volk will take away Max's main tools pretty quickly in this fight and max will need to adapt

Volk is one of the few fighters that will change up the game mid fight to suit his winning needs. Champ shit only.
And i saw the pic of him when he was 200 lbs playing rugby. He got all that strength in a 145 frame. It's some GOAT shit

The guy always comes in with a very, very smart gameplan and he's good at figuring out what works and then sticking with it. I favor him to win.

I think Alex is a very live underdog. Great fight and great card. I think GDR has a chance and people will really see how good Usman is (potential to be an all-time great). Colby is very good too (trash talking aside). It's a great card with very good fights everywhere.

Had to rethink this fight I started out thinking Volkanski power dynamic energy, but that size difference coupled with Max hand speed and flow and the ease of his kicks. If Alex can't get chest to chest Max he gets peppered with punches & kicks all through 5rds...

Maybe, but Alex is by far Max's toughest test.
Dude hits hard, has great cardio, and is very technical on the feet. We will see .

Back