Poll: Should Jon Jones' Only Loss Be Expunged?

Should Jon Jones' only loss be expunged?

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
jon-jones-matt-hammill-tuf-10-finale-1.jpg

“That’s an illegal elbow, Jon!” Mazzagatti shouted as the last of Jones’ elbows came hurtling down and Mazzagatti rushed in.

“You can’t do 12-to-six,” Rogan explained on the broadcast, attempting to shed some light on one of the least understood rules in MMA. “The up-down elbow from 12 o’clock to six o’clock is illegal.”

Joe Rogan
I’m in agreement with this [expunging] 100%. The 12-6 elbow rule is one of the dumbest rules in combat sports. At the very least that fight should be a no contest. He was completely dominant.

Last edited:
Yes and it will be

Sherdogger tears will flood the board and it will be beautiful

Jones will be the only true undefeated GOAT

It was the rule. So everyone DQ'd to to 12-6 elbows (or really anything else) gets NC to help Jones's record?

I think that a No Contest makes more sense than a DQ loss. And I am no Jones fan.

Expunged, erased, eliminated all of it. Also get rid of the stupid rule altogether so refs don't get confused.

The only reason you are asking for this is because you hate handicapped people. - All SJWs

bxx2v8n59tt11.gif

Hamill was done way before those 12-6 elbows, they had absolutely nothing to do with Hamill not being able to continue. The only people who think this should be a legit DQ are the crazy haters that wanted Smith to take the DQ win over Jones as well.

If the 12 to 6 elbows are the dumbest rule in combat sports, why don't we allow the chin to the eye technique as well? You can't tell me that the chin to the eye technique would be more damaging than Jones landing a downward elbow directly to your eye socket from mount.

Whether you agree with a rule or not, it is the law when it's in effect.

I got a speeding ticket for going 10 over, last year, and now the limit's been raised, should my ticket be voided.

That's called revisionist history kiddies, and, in short... grow the fuck up.

I'm not sure if Jones is ready to compete at Hammill's level if they were to re match.

Let's call it even for all the fights he won goosed up on steroids.

I used to think yes but now I think he deserves that L for what he's done to the sport.

I think his entire career would be expunged, as he is a cheating pussy.

No. They didn’t overturn all the wins he got on PEDs, so why should they overturn his loss?

I got a speeding ticket for going 10 over, last year, and now the limit's been raised, should my ticket be voided.

And this is exactly what's wrong with lawyers. Being wrong matters little next to the importance of not changing one's mind.

You're not entirely wrong but Mazagatti is horrendous and those elbows had nothing to do with Hamill not being able to continue. The fight should have been stopped way sooner, craziest thing is Mazagatti stopped it because of the illegal blows when it should have been stopped way sooner due to Hamill being fucked.

Not sure how this can be a DQ loss when Rumble has a loss via eye poke lol, usually when this kind of thing happens it's only a DQ if it not only stopped the fight but was also deemed intentional. Those were the first 12-6 elbows he threw after landing like 50 legit elbows. It's also worth nothing that it was Mazagatti reffing when Rumble lost via eye poke.... That shit should be changed to a NC

No. They didn’t overturn all the wins he got on PEDs, so why should they overturn his loss?

Cause the rule is dumb and we know why it's in place and it's not a logical reason.

Jones only tested positve for PED's for one of his wins. Out of his 19. Or should I say 20? NO evidence he took PED's for even one other fight. Even that fight we don't know intent.

Back