2020 Motorsports thread.

It was tied in a noose but had been for some time. What were the chances that the Petty team gets that garage stall in a random draw?
I guess it's a matter of interpretation. one man's rope loop to form a 'handle' to pull down the door is another man's pre-formed noose, because nooses are routinely tied and displayed all over the place in a frenzied racist orgy of derision.
please

F.B.I. Says Noose Was in NASCAR Garage Since Last Year
Law enforcement officials said the noose was tied into a rope on the garage door well before the stall was assigned for a race this week to Bubba Wallace, the lone black driver in the sport’s top tier.

Both the FBI and NASCAR described it as a noose but I haven't seen any close up pictures. The Wood Brothers no 21 team reported it had been there last season when they had that garage spot resulting in a search for video evidence.

A screenshot from a video that was used to confirm that it was there last season.
200623205445-nascar-door-rope-noose-exlarge-169.jpg

It was the only pull down rope with a loop. Pull down ropes are normally fastened to the wall so they don't lay on the floor and become a trip hazard or get dirty.

It might not even have been noticed in the past or if another team had been assigned that stall but the current situation makes people notice these things.

Kinda late here. That is a noose. Not the same door pull as the photo from November. How the fbi said it wasn’t is beyond me.

F1 is three days away from FP1. Excited!

I think the FBI said it wasn't directed at Wallace since it had been there for a long time, not sure they disputed it being a noose.

I think the FBI said it wasn't directed at Wallace since it had been there for a long time, not sure they disputed it being a noose.
Ok. Gotcha. Still. I’m not sure its the same one in that photo from November. It’s not a good photo or vid, but the November almost looks like that thinner yellow rope. But I’m sure they looked at video etc.

good point. the original story said a crew member discovered it and 'cut it down', but there's the photo of it. allegedly.
not sure what to believe anymore really.
*grassy knoll?

We will finally get some Formula One racing this weekend. Honda found a way to work around the shutdown regulations to have an improved engine configuration ready. Teams are pretty much locked into the engine specifications that they start the season on with only very limited upgrades.

Still to be seen is how Ferrari will run under increased scrutiny.

I wonder if the long layoff is going to shake things up in F1 or if Mercedes is just going to come out and dominate again.

I wonder if the long layoff is going to shake things up in F1 or if Mercedes is just going to come out and dominate again.

Mercedes domination is imminent. :D

In other news, did you guys see Ferrari dumped Vettal? I mean you kind of expected it with last seasons antics, but it's official now. No other team has contacted him yet about driving for their team next session, either.

Last edited:
Article I read from Motorsports posted it about 8 hours go. Vettal had no fucks to give from mid season on. It's all about Leclerc, who is honestly the better driver at this point.

And I should correct the verbage above, here's dumped for next season. Still gonna drive this season and says he will not support Leclerc in races if asked. Lol

"Hamilton faults rival teams for not doing enough to fight racism"
really? can we get beyond this and just race?

Mercedes seemed to have their shit together as expected in practice today while other teams were having problems getting their cars balanced to stay on track. This track hasn't been a good one for Mercedes in the past. Mercedes seemed to have the better pace in both short and long runs as well as the soft and medium tires.

It seems to be more of a handling problem than a power problem with Red Bull really suffering.

Red bulls officially lodged a complaint about Mercedes das. Let’s see where this goes.

Red bulls officially lodged a complaint about Mercedes das. Let’s see where this goes.

The FIA supposedly informed Mercedes that it was satisfied that the system was within the regulations and has all but admitted that it is legal under the current regulations by adding a rule to ban it from 2021 on. They wouldn't need such a regulation if it was illegal under the current regulations. Red Bull may have such a system in development or ready to install. They had asked for clarification of the legality but they were informed that it could only be ruled on if a protest were made.

The only regulation that could possibly be applied is one that states that no adjustment can be made to the suspension while the car is in motion. The adjustment is not to the suspension but to the steering. If they rule that the steering is part of the suspension, they will need to find perfectly straight tracks or round tracks to race on where the wheels don't need to be steered.

It would be hilarious if Mercedes simply made the steering wheel movable without it changing anything just to stir the pot and make other teams think they have something that they don't really have and have other teams trying to copy something that doesn't exist.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back