2020 Motorsports thread.

Mercedes DAS system ruled legal as Red Bull protest rejected

However, after a stewards hearing attended by members of both teams (in person or via video), as well as Nikolas Tombazis of the FIA Technical Department, it was determined that DAS is part of the Mercedes W11’s steering system, “albeit not a conventional one”.

As a result, the stewards decided that DAS could not be in breach of any suspension‐related regulations.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/...-protest-rejected.6LLyYKJ0BFRQD4t6v6m1c0.html

Not a good qualifying session for Ferrari as Vettel got knocked out in the second session and LeClerc was 10th. LeClerc did manage to take the 7th place in the final qualifying session with Bottas and Hamilton on the front row a half a second clear of the field.

Bottas had a great lap, props to him. Lewis most likely will have a better pace in the race and win, still going to be interesting to see how Bottas holds up. I also hope that Verstappen won't ruin the race at the start.

Lastly a big thank you to Sebastian Vettel for continuing to deliver the goods every race weekend.

Red Bull protested Lewis Hamilton for not slowing in Q3 when Bottas went off track. It resulted in Hamilton being demoted to 5th on the start. Then Albon forced Hamilton off track at the start. Hamilton eventually passed Albon for third then Verstappen suffered a failure while running in second which put Hamilton into second.

Norris in the McClaren gets 3rd on Hamilton's penalty but could still lose it for not slowing for the yellow flags on two sectors if Mercedes protests.

entertaining race.
some drivers, and cars, rusty from the delay.
did bottas take a knee after he got out of the car in the winner's spot and while accepting
the trophy?
it looked absolutely ridiculous.
the most expensive, most elite motorsport in the world with the highest paid drivers
addressing 'social injustice' of some kind?
idiotic.
Africans in Finland Face highest amount of discrimination in EUwww.helsinkitimes.fi › finland › finland-news › domestic
how about deal with your own country first, m8
meh, I'm sure it was team orders.
no worries.

Last edited:
smh, crazy pileup in pit lane at Indy.
one crew member sandwiched between two cars, medi-vac out.
race red flagged.

smh, crazy pileup in pit lane at Indy.
one crew member sandwiched between two cars, medi-vac out.
race red flagged.

Did you see the replay of the crewman who jumped on the roof of Blaney's car? He might have been crushed otherwise. That pit road at Indy is very dangerous.

136 F in the cars.

Hamilton running Albon off the track when he was on a set of softs, ready to push Bottas for the rest of race, rustled me pretty badly. He got penalized for it, but it pretty much sealed the win for his teammate.

Also, Sergio Perez is my least favorite driver. He legit tried to take out Lando at the end there for no reason.

Back