2014 War Room Awards

I will throw in my vote for Pan overall, particularly because he has the rare quality of thoughtful individualism -- he doesn't just predictably follow a particular slant.

For new posters, both Lion Ex and Banchan are putting out interesting posts with refreshingly different angles.

Europe1 is also a consistently great poster who should get recognition, though he doesn't post as often as others.

Banchan is a good choice. Banchan is someone who has gotten overlooked, but all of her? contributions in the war room have been extremely solid.

Thanks, the feeling is mutual.I haven't given my own list yet, so here goes

Posters that I like
Zankou
Posters that I respect, but often disagree with
Dochter

Posters who I can not stand in any capacity

Thames
Jack v savage
Dejulez
Ruprecht

Lol. You have respect for Dochter? Here are some of your recent responses to him:
Dochter is a far left guy who thinks that its ok to teach kids about sex at a young age.....
No, what is pathetic is to see people like you and thames attack people who are abusing that worthless sack of shit..you sure know how to pick sides, pedo lover :icon_neut

You respect a (by your own words) pedo lover?

Also, I can't quite figure out if Zankou is doing something amazing or something horrible to be mentioned on that list of people.

Also, why do you hate Ruprecht? Seems like a guy that doesn't offend anyone.

Lol. You have respect for Dochter? Here are some of your recent responses to him:

You respect a (by your own words) pedo lover?

Also, I can't quite figure out if Zankou is doing something amazing or something horrible to be mentioned on that list of people.

Also, why do you hate Ruprecht? Seems like a guy that doesn't offend anyone.

You have got a real hard on for me today huh?. I have argued with dochter for years on here, but that doesn't mean I hate him..i even apologised for that remark. if I hated him, I would never apologise..im funny like that. and Ruprecht is pro Islamic and fights tooth and nail for jihadists, which I don't like. I don't believe he is a Christian and he also labels people with legitimate concerns...like you do

Lucas either had a massive change of heart in the past couple of years or he's trolling (and he's not very good at it, as few bother with him).

I don't get anyone saying that Glenn is a good poster. Like, put his positions aside and just look at the way he expresses himself and argues. He doesn't add anything to the group, and there's no way he has a triple-digit IQ. I wouldn't say that about IDL, James Keith, OldGoat or even Lucas, but Glenn is like anabolistair, Hans, ben (nice guy, though), Pem and a bunch of others I can't remember. Just very slow and boring.

I didn't have a change of heart, I still don't particularly care for Obama and I don't like it when people spin bullshit with respect to his performance either. I just don't participate in expressing those opinions anymore, and I've stayed out of those threads lately. At the time I was doing that, the Syria situation was getting very hot, so it wasn't even 2014. Although the last time I did reply to a post about Obama, I was giving him credit.

yes, I am very raw with the way I put forward my opinions, but I guess that is why some like me and others, like you, cant stand me. And you are not the nicest guy on sherdog...so you should change that

It's not that I can't stand you, and it's nothing personal. I just think you're of subnormal intellect (when I said to look at the way you express yourself, I meant your poor grammar and sentence organization rather than your "rawness").

I noticed I did not get any noms this year. I think it is maybe because the conservatives have officially disowned me. I think Glenn is pretty dumb so I must be a hard lefty.

Most likely to hold a grudge and behave like a child: Ghandi

There ya go

I haven't been around or posting much this year, but from what I remember, this was post of the year...

CableandThanos said:
I KNOW I SAID I WAS DONE

I'll take my knowledge of black society over yours.

I'm not trying to have a pissing contest with you but I have spent the last 15 years of my life basically quizzing and asking black coworkers/college classmates/military members/etc questions and their thoughts on everything from religion to politics, to white America, to ...

I am well aware of black preferences (that should be the name instead of culture) and all the different varieties. I've plenty of ghetto folk to talk to as well as leaders in black business/chamber of commerce as well as professors. I am probably one of only a few people to actually get to talk to Dr. Ben Carson and Neil degrasse Tyson (Thanks to St Jude). This of course in no way makes me special or my thoughts any more less or right.

But when I have had hundreds of people (yes I know that is not necessarily scientific) of people tell me the same shit that affects them and their community, I'll take their word for it over yours.

Sorry I respect you as a poster but as an expert in black living /society, I'll take actual black peoples words over yours.

Gotta go-- take care

You know I'm black right?

Panamaican = Panama and Jamaica. Countries with black people.

:eek::eek::eek::redface:

2570902-2847777005-anton.gif

It's not that I can't stand you, and it's nothing personal. I just think you're of subnormal intellect (when I said to look at the way you express yourself, I meant your poor grammar and sentence organization rather than your "rawness").

See, and that right there is why I think you are a smug douche. You have made grammatical errors in your posts, and I haven't jumped on it like a little bitch. I cant stand people who have that attitude.

You have got a real hard on for me today huh?. I have argued with dochter for years on here, but that doesn't mean I hate him..i even apologised for that remark. if I hated him, I would never apologise..im funny like that. and Ruprecht is pro Islamic and fights tooth and nail for jihadists, which I don't like. I don't believe he is a Christian and he also labels people with legitimate concerns...like you do

Yeah I do actually. I don't know why, but I find it particularly funny picking on you today. I guess that's kind of weak of me. I will leave you alone now though. Promise.

I didn't have a change of heart, I still don't particularly care for Obama and I don't like it when people spin bullshit with respect to his performance either. I just don't participate in expressing those opinions anymore, and I've stayed out of those threads lately. At the time I was doing that, the Syria situation was getting very hot, so it wasn't even 2014. Although the last time I did reply to a post about Obama, I was giving him credit.

Lol. Why the pretenses?
Your first post in every thread not so long ago was "thanks Obama". No matter what the issue was you spinned it around to be Obamas fault. It was piss poor trolling, but to your credit you have stopped doing it now.

See, and that right there is why I think you are a smug douche. You have made grammatical errors in your posts, and I haven't jumped on it like a little bitch. I cant stand people who have that attitude.

Must.... Leave... You.. Alone.... So hard man..

I'm not talking about grammatical errors. I'm talking about you not knowing how to express yourself. Don't take it personally, guy. You can learn that shit. It's not some permanent deficiency. But until you do, I don't see why anyone would want to read your stuff.

The Comeback Kid is another poster who gets unfairly picked on and dog-piled because of his beliefs. I don't always agree with what he has to say, but I respect him as a poster. I don't think he insults anyone either. I haven't seen it if he has.

Appreciate that. I do insult from time to time but not much. Also, I love the hate.

Do you think that has anything to do with what you post? If you're making dumb conservative posts, smart liberals and Jukai are likely going to be condescending to you (and FYI, Gandhi is conservative). But if you were to just say, "you know, guys, I think liberals have a point here," you'd get heaps of vitriolic responses from the likes of Keith, Calmete, etc.

You are right, given that I am prone to mind numbing over-generalizations and the fact that I am embarrassingly misinformed, I deserve a lot of the written abuse I receive. I'll be the first to admit that. I don't know anything about U.S. politics, the economy, international policy and I am even more clueless when it comes to identifying what differentiates an individual on the right versus an individual on the left.

The problem is that if I posted about the things I have some knowledge on I wouldn't be able to post on Sherdog.

:icon_cry2

I'm not talking about grammatical errors. I'm talking about you not knowing how to express yourself. Don't take it personally, guy. You can learn that shit. It's not some permanent deficiency. But until you do, I don't see why anyone would want to read your stuff.

"when I said to look at the way you express yourself, I meant your poor grammar and sentence organization rather than your "rawness"

Right :icon_neut

Ruprecht you are right about that being post of the year, many lulz were had.

I'm not going to list the shit posters but all the people that think its their job to tell other posters how to post or feel the need to throw in a personal insult every couple post.

If you'll notice doing business with people when someone is constantly trying to tear someone down as a way of building themselves up...their product sucks, its the same here. Some of the loudest posters on this board have the shittiest products.

There are easily more than 30 conservative-leaning posters who regularly say things so ridiculous that it's hard to believe they are not trolls. Looking at liberals, there are maybe 5. It has been a rough summer & fall for reason. The cumulative effect of Obama conspiracies, hatred for Muslims, religious tripe, racism & xenophobia and general dishonest hackery has been that argument and debate is at a level so low here that most of the time it's not possible to pull conservatives into a basic reality where a good debate might occur. It's just as bad as it was 10 years ago, when any internet discussion of Bush was flooded by CTers and liberals who swore we were descending into hell and could not be reasoned with.

Most knowledgable poster: Zankou
Biggest Sweden hater: Thames
Best troll: Liquidfire
Best unintentional troll: zulqarnayn or the moroccan guy(whose name escapes me)

Thats about it. Zankou is a good reason to browse this forum on Islam and ME issues. I hope he is happy he gets more smoke blown up his behind.

I dont post that much, but I read the war room more than any other sub forum. I agree with one of the above poster, saying that if the last poster is either Jack, Pan, Madmick or Z-MAN, then i'll open the thread and give it a glance.

Honorable mention for good posters this year: Footgod
Not sure if he was banned this year or last, but he always made good threads. Not sure why he got the hammer.
Lucaswithlidoff and secondsight are in the running for the most Obama hate on this site.
I've gotten to the point where I don't even read IDLs post anymore, not because I'm not interested, I just already know whats going to be said.

Back