2014 War Room Awards

I love how you guys treat IDL with such disdain and act like he is beneath you while debating him for hours.

Well, a good chunk is people are playing games with him. Literally.

I'm still sour I didn't win IDL bingo. I was so close. :mad:

Well, a good chunk is people are playing games with him. Literally.

I'm still sour I didn't win IDL bingo. I was so close. :mad:

Almost there on 3 axis!

Just couldn't get Family Values, IMF or Common Sense (figures..).

Haha, what a great reply.

I love how you guys treat IDL with such disdain and act like he is beneath you while debating him for hours.

I don't know that (most) posters here really act like IDL is "beneath them." I think, especially in this thread, that members have been candid about the fact that, while he does make some overly vague allusions and wacky claims at times, he's a far better contributor than a lot of other posters. I don't consider him to be a part of the War Room underclass.

Haha, what a great reply.

I don't know that (most) posters here really act like IDL is "beneath them." I think, especially in this thread, that members have been candid about the fact that, while he does make some overly vague allusions and wacky claims at times, he's a far better contributor than a lot of other posters. I don't consider him to be a part of the War Room underclass.

He IS a far better contributor than most.
But they sit there and call him names and make fun of him. For pages.
If anybody was actually worth that many derogatory posts, you would ignore them.

IDLs substantive contributions are weak to say the least, but his ability to interact with humor and not hostility is not lost on me at least, I enjoy what he contributes overall.

If anybody was actually worth that many derogatory posts, you would ignore them.

Who is worse?

Who is worse?

yeah, I'm not going to do that.
I have some candidates in mind but I don't really know their posting that well, so I don't want to just bash them to make me or you feel better.

yeah, I'm not going to do that.
I have some candidates in mind but I don't really know their posting that well, so I don't want to just bash them to make me or you feel better.

nFSebim.gif

I will throw in my vote for Pan overall, particularly because he has the rare quality of thoughtful individualism -- he doesn't just predictably follow a particular slant.

For new posters, both Lion Ex and Banchan are putting out interesting posts with refreshingly different angles.

Europe1 is also a consistently great poster who should get recognition, though he doesn't post as often as others.

Zankou...

\ n_n /

...you're too kind.

I think a lot of it is (subconsciously?) constructive, even if misplaced. It would make sense for a community to be dismissive of the true dummies, but derisive towards guys who are sharp but betray themselves by being deaf to criticism.

I think a lot of it is (subconsciously?) constructive, even if misplaced. It would make sense for a community to be dismissive of the true dummies, but derisive towards guys who are sharp but betray themselves by being deaf to criticism.

Excellent point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back