2014 War Room Awards

I addressed your deflection in an edit.

There was no deflection, and you only briefly addressed an example. You didn't touch the actual point, which was that no accumulation of false claims adds up to a real claim. Your propaganda strategy of posting false claims and then weaseling out when they're pointed out to be false but claiming that they make up part of a big picture that is true preys on (or reflects) a defect that we all have but doesn't actually advance knowledge.

And FYI, Sutton looks like another right-wing crank. Curious how your posting is all extremely pro-establishment while you claim to be anti-establishment.

There was no deflection, and you only briefly addressed an example. You didn't touch the actual point, which was that no accumulation of false claims adds up to a real claim. Your propaganda strategy of posting false claims and then weaseling out when they're pointed out to be false but claiming that they make up part of a big picture that is true preys on (or reflects) a defect that we all have but doesn't actually advance knowledge.

And FYI, Sutton looks like another right-wing crank. Curious how your posting is all extremely pro-establishment while you claim to be anti-establishment.

So you aren't declaring everything he has presented as false, you are just calling him names.

It is irrelevant if something is perceived as pro or anti establishment when discerning what is true and what isn't. To observe and assess dispassionately is not to judge.

So you aren't declaring everything he has presented as false, you are just calling him names.

I haven't read everything he's presented. I have seen some of it, and, yes, it is false. And he's extremely biased. It's not "calling him names" to note that he's very far on the right and that his perception is highly colored by that or that he believes a lot of highly implausible things that are favorable to that view.

It is irrelevant if something is perceived as pro or anti establishment when discerning what is true and what isn't. To observe is not to judge.

No, but when you see everything that regular people do to fight against oppression as being part of some big conspiracy, one has to wonder about your own perception. It seems to me that you just have a strong emotional affinity to the powerful and that leads you to believe highly implausible and negative things about people who are fighting the power structure.

I haven't read everything he's presented. I have seen some of it, and, yes, it is false. And he's extremely biased. It's not "calling him names" to note that he's very far on the right and that his perception is highly colored by that or that he believes a lot of highly implausible things that are favorable to that view.

No, but when you see everything that regular people do to fight against oppression as being part of some big conspiracy, one has to wonder about your own perception. It seems to me that you just have a strong emotional affinity to the powerful and that leads you to believe highly implausible and negative things about people who are fighting the power structure.

All that really matters when discerning something is what is true and what isn't. Emotions and emotional appeals should be left out of the equation.

All that really matters when discerning something is what is true and what isn't. Emotions and emotional appeals should be left out of the equation.

So you're ducking my points again. OK. To your comment, I would say that I agree. Emotions and emotional appeals *should* be left out, but that is all you have. And I'm speculating that the reason you fall for such obvious propaganda is that it is emotionally appealing to you. As Lord Bertie said:

If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance with his instincts, he will accept it even on the slenderest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way.

It's clear what your instincts lead you to believe.

You can speculate to your hearts content. Makes no difference to me.

You can speculate to your hearts content. Makes no difference to me.

Likewise, the accuracy of your claims appears to be a matter of indifference to you. You might be outing yourself in this thread.

Likewise, the accuracy of your claims appears to be a matter of indifference to you. You might be outing yourself in this thread.

Likewise, the accuracy of your claims appears to be a matter of indifference to you. You might be outing yourself in this thread

Likewise, the accuracy of your claims appears to be a matter of indifference to you. You might be outing yourself in this thread

Doesn't fit with me. I care very much about getting things right. If I posted a video and people pointed out that it was full of shit, I wouldn't just duck it the way you do.

Doesn't fit with me. I care very much about getting things right. If I posted a video and people pointed out that it was full of shit, I wouldn't just duck it the way you do.

JackAttack = true;

while (JackAttack == true) {

if (isBored(IDL)) {
break;
} else {
defend();
}

JackAttack = true;

}

JackAttack = true;

Sorry Jack, I'm bored. You need to spice up your games a little better.

JackAttack = true;

while (JackAttack == true) {

if (isBored(IDL)) {
break;
} else {
defend();
}

JackAttack = true;

}

JackAttack = true;

Sorry Jack, I'm bored. You need to spice up your games a little better.

Um, you could try not ducking points, then. That might entertain you. Assuming you're not just a shill or a troll.

All that really matters when discerning something is what is true and what isn't.
Then why do you accept as evidence information that is factually incorrect?

Then why do you accept as evidence information that is factually incorrect?

I don't. If I think something is false I don't accept it as true.

If Jukai faked a promise to get bingo words I just don't know how he is going to live with himself.

We've moved onto a more complex game to play with your posts than bingo.

Back