2014 War Room Awards

Come to think of it, Madmick might give Uchi Mata a run for his money for the most verbose award.

If I see last post in a thread is by JVS, Pan or Zankou I'm clicking on that thread. That's an award.

Most Civil/Respectful Award: ripskater

Whether you disagree with his viewpoints, his beliefs or think he's a troll, he's the most civil poster on this sub-forum. This is the sub-forum for the crazies of Sherdog and the regulars seem to go off at the drop of the hat.

ripskater, no matter what you say to him, always remains respectful from what I see. If he is truly a troll, he has A LOT of restraint.

It's true, I've never seen ripskater verbally assault anyone even after continuous vicious verbal assaults. I find it's the more liberal posters who post in the WR who love verbally attacking people and slinging around insults at posters they disagree with.

Jukai, Dochtor, and Ghandi are especially notorious when it comes to personal insults and being condescending.

Lol at DL and the most tolerant pope we have ever had as examples. Better examples for you would be someone to the right of Pat Roberts, maybe Doug Phillips.

Of course atheism has more to it than "no god". It implies more emphasis on science and rationality and less on morality and tradition. One of the reasons being that the latter can lead to boogeyman politics (def in your case), which like religion, has been used to keep the masses ignorant.

You may as well reject god but believe the world is flat for all the good your atheism is doing you.

Look it's just a username (I am not some Ghandi fanatic), yours just contrasts particularly with your "style" of posting.

Understatement of the Year: Gandhi

You're despicable.

daffy_duck_angry.gif

Best New Poster- IGIT.... honorable mention to Atheist, LionEx
Best Foreign Affairs Poster (particularly the ME)- Zankou
Best Voice of Reason Poster- Madmick
Most Loathesome Poster- Liquidfire

I made another "worst poster of the year" award...sweet!, I had no idea that my traditional views rustled so many jimmies. I should learn to embrace things like gay marriage, and mass immigration of people who want to kill us if I want to improve my standing next year :rolleyes:

If you posted this last year, you could make it to my candinate as best poster of the year.

I noticed I did not get any noms this year. I think it is maybe because the conservatives have officially disowned me. I think Glenn is pretty dumb so I must be a hard lefty.

You're definitely Pan's main rival as the top conservative poster here, but maybe not active enough to get a mention this year.

You're definitely Pan's main rival as the top conservative poster here, but maybe not active enough to get a mention this year.

Thanks Pan is def top dog IMO. Quality posts from him this year. I think I was Mia for like 6 months with all the changes.

It's true, I've never seen ripskater verbally assault anyone even after continuous vicious verbal assaults. I find it's the more liberal posters who post in the WR who love verbally attacking people and slinging around insults at posters they disagree with.

Jukai, Dochtor, and Ghandi are especially notorious when it comes to personal insults and being condescending.

Do you think that has anything to do with what you post? If you're making dumb conservative posts, smart liberals and Jukai are likely going to be condescending to you (and FYI, Gandhi is conservative). But if you were to just say, "you know, guys, I think liberals have a point here," you'd get heaps of vitriolic responses from the likes of Keith, Calmete, etc.

Mr. Liberal: Jack V Savage
Mr. Libtard: Hollywood Nicky
Mr. Conservatard: There are plenty of potential candidates here. Of course, the low rung mouthbreathers like second sight, glennrod, Pem123 are obvious choices but I'd like to elect OldGoat. For all his ludicrous partisanship I actually quitelike the guy.
Mr. CT: IDL without shadow of a doubt.
Best Mod: Zankou
Worst Mod: Everyone likes Madmick but I'm really not keen on his approach to posting. By my reckoning, he has half the intelligence of Zankou yet twice the tendency to wade in and derive pleasure from his long-winded demolition jobs on clearly overmatched posters. That considered, I do agree with the majority of what he says.
Worst Poster of the Year: glennrod (also receives my nomination for 'most irritating overuse of sarcastic straw man posts followed by smilies')
Worst Troll of the Year: LucasWithLidOff
Best New Poster: Like A Bas
Worst New Poster: goldennirvana

LucasWithLidOff isn't a troll. He's a good poster.

Glennrod is also a good poster.

Lucas either had a massive change of heart in the past couple of years or he's trolling (and he's not very good at it, as few bother with him).

I don't get anyone saying that Glenn is a good poster. Like, put his positions aside and just look at the way he expresses himself and argues. He doesn't add anything to the group, and there's no way he has a triple-digit IQ. I wouldn't say that about IDL, James Keith, OldGoat or even Lucas, but Glenn is like anabolistair, Hans, ben (nice guy, though), Pem and a bunch of others I can't remember. Just very slow and boring.

I will throw in my vote for Pan overall, particularly because he has the rare quality of thoughtful individualism -- he doesn't just predictably follow a particular slant.

For new posters, both Lion Ex and Banchan are putting out interesting posts with refreshingly different angles.

Europe1 is also a consistently great poster who should get recognition, though he doesn't post as often as others.

Europe1 is also a consistently great poster who should get recognition, though he doesn't post as often as others.

Forgot about Europe1. But I agree, very good poster. He will get my nomination as the best non-american poster. Though Ruprecht is also a strong candidate.

Forgot about Europe1. But I agree, very good poster. He will get my nomination as the best non-american poster. Though Ruprecht is also a strong candidate.

Rup is in the running for best overall, but he doesn't post much.

Thanks, the feeling is mutual.I haven't given my own list yet, so here goes

Posters that I like

Ripskater
Atheist
Lucaswithlidoff
Big D
Second Sight
Hans Gruber
Hadron
Zankou
Joe McPherson
Microbrew
Thecomebackkid
Logical Insanity
Armbars
Goldennirvana
OldGoat
Pem
Contradictator
Painislife

Posters that I respect, but often disagree with

Jukai
Dochter
Perfidious
Cubodesangre
Bebop
Rod1
Hollywood nicky

Posters who I can not stand in any capacity

Thames
Jack v savage
Dejulez
Ruprecht

Last edited:

Yeah it is strange. The guy is polite and respectful to everyone but still gets laid into. Being genuinely religious really rustles people I guess. I think religion is silly, but i only attack people for their faith when it compels them to act like hostile assholes or push anti intellectualism for everyone else.

Yeah it is strange. The guy is polite and respectful to everyone but still gets laid into. Being genuinely religious really rustles people I guess. I think religion is silly, but i only attack people for their faith when it compels them to act like hostile assholes or push anti intellectualism for everyone else.

The Comeback Kid is another poster who gets unfairly picked on and dog-piled because of his beliefs. I don't always agree with what he has to say, but I respect him as a poster. I don't think he insults anyone either. I haven't seen it if he has.

Lucas either had a massive change of heart in the past couple of years or he's trolling (and he's not very good at it, as few bother with him).

I don't get anyone saying that Glenn is a good poster. Like, put his positions aside and just look at the way he expresses himself and argues. He doesn't add anything to the group, and there's no way he has a triple-digit IQ. I wouldn't say that about IDL, James Keith, OldGoat or even Lucas, but Glenn is like anabolistair, Hans, ben (nice guy, though), Pem and a bunch of others I can't remember. Just very slow and boring.

yes, I am very raw with the way I put forward my opinions, but I guess that is why some like me and others, like you, cant stand me. And you are not the nicest guy on sherdog...so you should change that

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back