1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »
Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

2014 War Room Awards

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Anung Un Rama, Jan 1, 2015.

1. irish_thug Meme Mod Staff Member Senior Moderator

Liquidfire is def #1 troll
    Ripskater doesn't come off as a troll to me.
    IDL CT for sure.

2. irish_thug Meme Mod Staff Member Senior Moderator

I like both of them. I almost never agree with Nicky, but he is a war room staple.

3. Social Distance Warrior Banned Banned

Ripskater, troll or not is respectful and keeps it civil...I disagree with 95 percent of what he has to say, but he's a good edition to this forum...

4. Anung Un Rama Idol of Millions Platinum Member

I don't think anybody hates rip or Nicky.
    rip seems like a genuine good person and Nicky keeps the WR going.

5. carlos cadona Opinions subject to change Banned

I've never talked to Nicky but he does seem to get a lot of heat from everyone around here. I've gotten into it with rip a few times but its never gotten too out of hand, he may have a lot of ideas that I find to be insane but he's civil for the most part.

6. carlos cadona Opinions subject to change Banned

Well maybe hated isn't the right word, but it's catchier than most disagreed with so I just went with it.

7. irish_thug Meme Mod Staff Member Senior Moderator

Same reason why I don't hate on IDL like some people. I may think his ideas are wacky, but they can be entertaining to read, and he's not a prick.

8. Anung Un Rama Idol of Millions Platinum Member

Nicky is pretty balanced. He has some opinions that are far left and far right, so, depending on the topic he is bound to rustle dem jimmies.

I don't mind.

9. Greoric Banned Banned

Second that on the Best Thread. That was maybe the best discussions I've had on Sherdog. Cheers Savage.

10. ProBoxingInsidr Banned Banned

can we have a "shittiest cop" award? we seem to have enough leo in here and it seems approprite for 2014

11. carlos cadona Opinions subject to change Banned

Pretty much this. They are probably the least aggressive people in the WR.

12. speakhandsforme Banned Banned

Mr. Conservatard - second sight
    Mr. CT - IDL - and it's not close
    Best Mod - MadMick
    Best Post of the Year - My favorite would probably be a Jukai or Dochter deadpan response to someone being stupid. To be honest, I get the two of them confused for some reason.
    Best Troll of the Year - ripskater - I'm still only like 70% sure he's trolling, so that's something
    Worst Poster of the Year - glennrod
    Worst Post of the Year - There have been so many which are substantially worse, but one recent one was goldennirvana claiming that the poisonous expansion of Islam was prognosticated by someone saying that people from the Southern Hemisphere would invade the north....despite it making no geographical sense, since Islamic countries are found in the North.
    Worst Troll of the Year - LucasWithLidOff - Not overly offensive, but he's pretty upfront about the levity of his posts....which I guess would make him "bad" at trolling.
    Best New Poster - Like a Bas - This one is easy as well. He's a very high-quality poster who appeared out of nowhere

I think it would be better to give credit to posters by topic: Zankou for foreign affairs, JVS for domestic economic policy, etc..

EDITED: It was goldennirvana who had the post in "Worst Post," not glennrod.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2015
  13. irish_thug Meme Mod Staff Member Senior Moderator

That was gold.

14. irish_thug Meme Mod Staff Member Senior Moderator

Pretty sure I know who you're voting for.

15. Pem123 Red Belt

Wow thanks man, i appreciate it.

I dont think i hate ripsKater or nicky. Ripskater is good poster but one dimensional, while nicky is like a diego sanchez of war rooms.

Although i disagree with him in almost every issues, rod1 is one of the best in war rooms, he is well rounded and really uses his knowledge well.

16. Jack V Savage Secretary of Keepin' It Real/Nicest Guy on Sherdog

I assume I'm hors concours for Most Pleasant (at least).

Good call. Forgot about him. A candidate for best new poster, though I'd still go with LaB.

17. speakhandsforme Banned Banned

That is just a wonderfully fitting analogy. I haven't watched MMA in a while, but I'm assuming this is a "swinging for the fences" type of thing.

Yeah, this is a good mention too. Rod1 is a great contributor.

18. Like A Bas Brown Belt

That cracked me the hell up.

cheers JVS & speakhandsforme, appreciate the compliment. Didn't know rod1 was new around here, he contributes a lot of good stuff. I always appreciate his perspective on Mexico.

19. Pem123 Red Belt

Yes thats what i meant, and like dieog sanchez he sure post a lot.

20. Gandhi War Room Deep State Platinum Member

Mr. Liberal : Dochtor

Mr left: Ultra - don't agree with him on much but very decent analysis and lots of wit. Used to be WU but he is not so active.

Mr. Libtard: Def the Qu

Libertariatard: James Keith.

Mr libertarian: Ben

Mr. SJW:

Mr. Conservative: Pan, again

Mr. Conservatard : CBK comes close. But there are so many that are barely coherent. Old goat, no, he is really a liberal and very entertaining. This should really be a group prize. Glenrod, second site, and all the ones that bring up JVS and HN every second post.

Best zionist: Jukai

Worst Zionist: HNicky

Mr. Neocontard: Do we have any of those left? Smeac I guess.

Mr. Fascists: I can remember his name, the guy arguing for pages (mostly with Dochtor) about black genes and their natural tendency for violence. He was knowledgeable but pretty scary.

Mr. Independent: Uchi M - excellent poster as well

Mr. CT: of course IDL, he could turn a thread on school uniforms into a discussion about the illuminati. Of course he would also be one of the worst posters here due to his lack of substance and ability to stay on a position. Many other CT'ers have been more knowledgable and logically consistent. But on the plus he is also very entertaining, esp when arguing with re JVS.

Best Mod: Zank

Worst Mod: not worst, and prob one of the most intelligent posters here, but he does throw his mod weight around a lot, so deserves a mention. It should be obv who I am speaking about.

Best Poster of the Year: JVS (except when he is accusing hard lefties who don't like all sharpton of being mainstream lol)

Best Troll of the Year: Liquid fire

Worst Poster of the Year: Some really bad ones. A whole slew of conservetard posters. But atheist deserves a special call out. You would think femi-nazis were about to sink society from his posts. What parroting Fox News talking points has to do with atheism, I'll never get. He sounds like someone who would be right at home with the religious right.

Worst Post of the Year: Anything on feminism by poster above

Worst Troll of the Year: I'll get back to this one

Best New Poster: Rod seems new to me so I would pick him definitely