Why do people in North American drink light beer?

Only poor people and rednecks drink that piss

Your experience(as most people from other countries) is most likely with macrolagers which for the most part are garbage beers made with garbage ingredients.

Largely but far from exclusively.

Probably tried over 150 micro brews in my time.

Because in the middle of the humid-ass summer, I ain't trying to pound IPAs.

I want to rage out at a BBQ, I'm drinking 47 Coors Lights and staying hydrated all the while.

If I want to pair a meal with getting tipsy while out on a date, I'm drinking full-bodied craft.

I like the taste of micro brew Ale. Except IPA. Dafuq is wrong with people drinking a beer that tastes like i licked a pine tree..
When was the last time you drank an IPA, 2005?

Last edited:
Because Americans are binge drinkers. Drinking light beer enables someone to drink more, and for longer. But yeah, light beer is hit is girlie beer.

Americans binge drinkers? That’s cute.

When was the last time you drank an IPA, 2005?
About 5 years ago. I have no idea the brand name, my sisters ex boyfriend brought some over it tasted like i drank a damn pine tree. First and last time i ever drank it.

Had a German brewmaster tell me that due to the advent of the micro brewery, the United States produces the best beers in the world. Obviously his opinion but the sheer amount of breweries in the states makes a good case for it.

This has been true for a very long time.

Also, even before it was true, the variety of excellent international beers you guys had available in corner stores used to blow my mind. I'm not even talking about your liquor stores, those were insane; there are a couple across the highway from one another in New Hampshire that are each the size of a Costco (OK not quite, but pretty huge).

Americans binge drinkers? That’s cute.

A Canadian walked into an American bar and they immediately asked him if he wanted to enter their beer drinking contest. He asked how it worked, and they told him he had to down a twelve pack in five minutes. He thought about it a moment, told them he'd be right back, and left the bar.

A few minutes later he came back and signed up. They asked him where he'd gone, and he told them he gone to the bar next door to see if he could do it first.

About 5 years ago. I have no idea the brand name, my sisters ex boyfriend brought some over it tasted like i drank a damn pine tree. First and last time i ever drank it.
IPA's are a wide ranging style. They range in malt bill and hop types/utilization. Bitter piney IPA's is a phase that has been moved away from due to a greater variety of hops being available and different brewing techniques (massive late hop additions / multiple dry hop additions / biotransformation of hop oils by expressive yeast strains).

In short, their are IPA's that taste like straight up tropical fruit juice these days. I haven't (intentionally) drank a pine forward bitter IPA in years...

The thing is, the best IPA's are all going to be local and many times not available in stores. You literally have to go to the brewery for one day releases. So if you live in an area that doesn't have great breweries your options are going to be limited.

IPA's are a wide ranging style. They range in malt bill and hop types/utilization. Bitter piney IPA's is a phase that has been moved away from due to a greater variety of hops being available and different brewing techniques (massive late hop additions / multiple dry hop additions / biotransformation of hop oils by expressive yeast strains).

In short, their are IPA's that taste like straight up tropical fruit juice these days. I haven't (intentionally) drank a pine forward bitter IPA in years...

The thing is, the best IPA's are all going to be local and many times not available in stores. You literally have to go to the brewery for one day releases. So if you live in an area that doesn't have great breweries your options are going to be limited.

IPA’s have definitely become a lot more developed over the last 5-10 years. They all are going to have a bitter taste though, just something you get accustomed to.

I lived in Australia for a year (1998). The beer there was so bad it was undrinkable. I had to switch to spirits while I was there.

Just sayin'.

I consider a 5% Heineken/Stella/Budweiser, etc to be a light beer but they are tolerable.

I know people who drink coors light and bud lite- that shit doesn't remotely taste like beer. My wife won't even drink that garbage.

Lager is pretty much the most popular beer everywhere, so I don't see how this is a North American exclusive. What are you drinking in Australia? Fosters?

We slam Hazy Juice Bomb IPA's, Pastry Stouts, and Jammy Sours where I come from...

Huh.... German beer is typically lager type beer, but don't think that you can put a Bavarian Augustiner with a Miller light in the same sentence.

Also : disagree with lumping all of North America together.

Quebec makes strong, Belgian type ale since like....forever, and is known for it.

ef0e69aa4b121077e6a7279f63bdb2de.jpg
this is what I drink sherbros. WARKA STRONG from Poland.

Back