Why do people in North American drink light beer?

I'm thinking these are valid reasons. However, I would just drink less full strength beers and drink water in between drinks. Maybe you guys just have shit beer in North America.

Europe has good beer so I think they also mostly drink full strength.
The USA actually has the strongest craft beer(aka real beer) scene in the world. It's just that all you ever see advertised on television and movies are Budweiser Bud Lite. Both of which taste like watered down dog piss. I don't really care what other people consume, but personally I am fond of bitter, high alcohol content IPAs, and thick creamy stouts. Sours have been growing on me lately as well.

The beer seen in the U.S is exploding. Amazing quality and creativity. Funny thing is that I’m just as happy drinking Coors Light.

Man, 20 years or so ago, I would wholeheartedly agree. Now though, craft is king here, and it is fantastic.

Light beer now is for women, and those on a budget.

I have a friend with Crohn's disease that drinks non alcoholic beer at strip clubs.
This is true, Non Alc. beer was made for strip clubs where you have to buy two drinks and they don’t serve alcohol.

Rum and Coke? Slightly less manly than Zima and Smirnoff Ice. Popular amongst ladies ages 18-21
Oh, I almost never drink it.

Alcohol is for fat slobs that have no life. I can see you are a connoisseur on the topic

ITT snobby Europeans get schooled on how America has the best beer.

Fuck man, bar near me has Founder's Breakfast Stout on tap. You could float a quarter on the head, damn thing so thick.
4107897212_1ce71d0d3b.jpg

Oh, I almost never drink it.

Alcohol is for fat slobs that have no life. I can see you are a connoisseur on the topic
Oh yeah, nobody with money and power drink alcohol. funny kids

LOL, having to lie on the internet about having "money and power" is terribly sad
Your reading comprehension mirrors your drinking choice of Rum and Coke. 17 year old basement dweller.

Euro trash pours lemonade in beer so I don't even want to hear that shit.
Eh? You are talking about shandy?

Look USA is great at somethings.... Including amazing MMA talent!! However they are terrible drinkers... Absolutely terrible.

Look don't be sore about it, just ask the Aussies, kiwis, Europeans... It's pretty much a world wide view :/

Well, some say it "tastes great" while others feel it's "less filling."

If I'm not mistaken it's actually the Australians that are binge drinkers. I live in Canada and also have a ton of family in Australia, this is evident at family gatherings.

Family gatherings in Canada means only the adults between 25-55 are drinking alcohol and no one gets unruly. When we had a family gathering in Australia I swear to god every one was drunk, even the 80 year olds. Pretty sure I even saw my 16 year old cousin plastered.......can't be certain I was wasted myself.

Australia has a huge drinking culture.
I'm Canadian and that bolded sentence sounds like most of our family gatherings lol.

It has come to my knowledge that light beer is very popular in the US(more popular than regular beer).

This seems really weird as in Australia we seldom drink light beer. The only time it would be acceptable is if you are driving.

In conclusion: Full strength or GTFO

(MMA thread of the year, I know)

EDIT: Light beer has different meanings in Australia and the US.

In Australia Light beer = low alcohol content

In US light beer = low carb/less calorie(slightly less alcohol content)

the-more-you-know.jpg

/Thread
Why?
Because we can !

Look USA is great at somethings.... Including amazing MMA talent!! However they are terrible drinkers... Absolutely terrible.

Look don't be sore about it, just ask the Aussies, kiwis, Europeans... It's pretty much a world wide view :/
You're confusing college frat kids with real men. We, American men, can drink just as well as our European cousins. If not better, honestly. The typical American frat-bro, however, cannot drink worth a damn. I think you guys have the advantage at younger ages, considering it's legal to drink as an early teen across the pond. A lot of young American men don't have their first sip of alcohol until the actual legal drinking age(21). Thankfully, I started as a ripe young 15 year old, so it's just in my blood.

It's only for poor people in America. The rest of us decent Americans drink the GOAT beers, American craft brews.

I like drinking Pabst Blue Ribbon In hopes that I end up on COPS.

Your view is shit and I'll drink you under the table.

I like cheap american beer... both the regular and light versions. In fact they are both light when compared to the craft beers that all seem to be overloaded with hops. I like a micro beer occasionally, but usually just one or two. If I'm sitting back with a 6 pack (or sometimes 12 pack :) I'd rather it be cheap american piss if you will. Plus some of those other craft beers overpower my damn pizza.

Back