Why do people in North American drink light beer?

A

AusMMAfan

It has come to my knowledge that light beer is very popular in the US(more popular than regular beer).

This seems really weird as in Australia we seldom drink light beer. The only time it would be acceptable is if you are driving.

In conclusion: Full strength or GTFO

(MMA thread of the year, I know)

EDIT: Light beer has different meanings in Australia and the US.

In Australia Light beer = low alcohol content

In US light beer = low carb/less calorie(slightly less alcohol content)

the-more-you-know.jpg

/Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Regular beer tastes like shit.

Beer in general tastes like shit, but lite beer is not as bad

It's marketed to overweight humans, of which we have plenty.

I drink light beer at the bar because I can drink 10 or more while I'm having a good time with my friends. I don't get too drunk.

A better question is who the fuck buys non alcoholic beer

Because they are nearing half the population being obese and they eat the "light" marketing bullshit when in 9/10 light is just as bad if not worse. That and those who want to drink all night but can't handle it.

A better question is who the fuck buys non alcoholic beer

Muslims. You can find them at middle-eastern grovery stores. They are halal I occasionally buy them. THey are more like beer like soft drinks though

It has come to my knowledge that light beer is very popular in the US(more popular than regular beer).

This seems really weird as in Australia we seldom drink light beer. The only time it would be acceptable is if you are driving.

In conclusion: Full strength or GTFO

(MMA thread of the year, I know)
I remember reading a scientific study once that Americans are literally the gayest drinkers in the western world

I think this is why light beer came about :/

Because Americans are binge drinkers. Drinking light beer enables someone to drink more, and for longer. But yeah, light beer is hit is girlie beer.

North America? Please don't lump us Canadians in with our light weight brothers to the south.

In all seriousness I believe that many states have rules about beer over a certain alcohol content.

It's marketed to overweight humans, of which we have plenty.

I drink light beer at the bar because I can drink 10 or more while I'm having a good time with my friends. I don't get too drunk.

I'm thinking these are valid reasons. However, I would just drink less full strength beers and drink water in between drinks. Maybe you guys just have shit beer in North America.

Europe has good beer so I think they also mostly drink full strength.

australians cant laugh about anything others countries consume when vegemite sammiches are a staple of your diet

North America? Please don't lump us Canadians in with our light weight brothers to the south.

In all seriousness I believe that many states have rules about beer over a certain alcohol content.

Sorry I think Canadians and Mexicans are normal like the rest of the world and drink regular beer and use the metric system.

People trying to drink and count carbs at the same time

97% of all beer taste like shit and imo I'd much rather have a real beer (dos Equis, Heineken, Stellas, hell even a MGD) over light beer (Miller lite, Bud lite, Michelob ultra (yuck), Coors lite).

Trust me, it's not only the Americans who drink shitty light beer. You aussies do too.

has nothing to do with weight or anything. It's just what was pushed down everyone's throats by companies and its what they got used to over the decades

America has a disproportionate cuck/beer ratio. Not quite as bad as Sweden, but not far off.

Also @UFC=Pride avatar

{<tongue}

It's ok. I'll drink it but I don't prefer it. After drinking Corona extra for awhile I no longer like the taste of Bud Light

Back