Why do people in North American drink light beer?

It has come to my knowledge that light beer is very popular in the US(more popular than regular beer).

This seems really weird as in Australia we seldom drink light beer. The only time it would be acceptable is if you are driving.

In conclusion: Full strength or GTFO

(MMA thread of the year, I know)

EDIT: Light beer has different meanings in Australia and the US.

In Australia Light beer = low alcohol content

In US light beer = low carb/less calorie(slightly less alcohol content)

the-more-you-know.jpg

/Thread

Only liberals drink lightweight beer.

Huh.... German beer is typically lager type beer, but don't think that you can put a Bavarian Augustiner with a Miller light in the same sentence.
I understand the difference between a German Lager and an American Adjunct Lager....

Really that comes down to a flavorful grist comprised purely of lightly malted barley (I am a big fan of Bavarian Pilsner malt). With the American Adjunct variety, you're dealing with pilsner malt and a good percentage of either rice or corn. Now, contrary to what you may have been told, this isn't done to save money. It can be even more expensive using these adjuncts. As far as brewing technique, it's every bit the standard of German brewing. In fact, Lager beer brewing in America came from German immigrants.

These kind of light beers wouldn't even be able to be brewed in Germany anyways thanks to the Reinheitsgebot also known as the "German Beer Purity Law" which in all actuality was just a taxation law.

Also : disagree with lumping all of North America together.

Quebec makes strong, Belgian type ale since like....forever, and is known for it.
Unibroue # 1.

There's no Canada like French Canada.

Cant beat a pint of warm bitter

lol @ snobby beer drinkers

"You pussy that's only ##% alcohol"

You look like morons. I could drink you under the table with moonshine, that doesn't mean I have better taste than you. Dumb mother fuckers

How about you just enjoy what you drink and don't worry about other people? There's a thought.

lol @ snobby beer drinkers

"You pussy that's only ##% alcohol"

You look like morons. I could drink you under the table with moonshine, that doesn't mean I have better taste than you. Dumb mother fuckers

How about you just enjoy what you drink and don't worry about other people? There's a thought.
how's the sand?

Most people drink lite beer. Most people are assholes. Coincidence?

Doesn’t seem like that could be true. In what areas are most of the bud, miller, and coors lite consumed?

When I was in Seattle visiting my classmate his friends were all drinking pussificated beers. Southerners drink real beers not watered down stuff.

When I was in Seattle visiting my classmate his friends were all drinking pussificated beers. Southerners drink real beers not watered down stuff.
I used to live in seattle. There are more than a few people there.

People in Seattle don’t drink craft beers? I tend to think that town has a lot of breweries. I’d guess that in rural areas, a higher percentage of watery Miller/Bud/Coors is consumed in comparison to craft beers.

People in Seattle don’t drink craft beers? I tend to think that town has a lot of breweries. I’d guess that in rural areas, a higher percentage of watery Miller/Bud/Coors is consumed in comparison to craft beers.
Plus southerners are poor, uneducated and unindustrious, so they probably have neither the market not the expertise to support a craft brewing scene.

Plus southerners are poor, uneducated and unindustrious, so they probably have neither the market not the expertise to support a craft brewing scene.

Ha come on now. I’m originally from the South (I wisely relocated), and there are some great brewing areas and beer scenes in the South. Namely Asheville, NC (which is super liberal) and Richmond, VA.

I’ll say that it seems areas that are more liberal do have much more craft beer consumption...probably due to there being more disposable income for buying the pricier stuff and more access in general.

It's funny how people judge others based on their literal taste. Just shows how material and idiotic everyone in the world is. It's not just America.

Back