News White to Aspinall: Defend Interim Title or Sit on the Shelf. You Don't Get Jones.

Aspinall is shooting himself in the foot here. You have a golden opportunity to rake in PPV points and establish your HW reign knowing that you'll be grandfathered in after Jones vacates. Tom is delusional if he thinks the UFC gives a shit about him over Jones. Bisping, DC, Helwani are feeding him non-sense that will sour his business relationship with the UFC.

I get it. It's a legacy fight for Jones. Stipe is the longest defending heavyweight champ in history. Achievement-wise, The Miocic fight makes the most sense. Jon has fought the best his whole career, The sentiment that he's "ducking" Aspinall is hilarious.

The "sentiment" that Champions pick their opponents is hilarious.

When Barao defended an interim title, Dom was not also having fights against Faber because they would draw more money....

Putting Aspen on the shelf or compelling him to defend a interim belt against anyone else when the Champion is going to be active is rank Whoring by the UFC and Jones.

I don't know if you are a willing Shill or a useful idiot.

Instead of crying and making fool of himself Aspinal need to earn the fight with GOAT: his only one legit win is Pavlovich (unproven as f*ck himself) <JonesDXSuckIt>

Oh, ok. Sorry shadows
Didn't Dana just proved everything I said?
Aspinal will not fight Stipe. Jon will. If he wants to defend his (fake) belt meanwhile, he can. But it won't be against Jon or Stipe.
That is exactly what Dana said.
Why the sarcasm?

The "sentiment" that Champions pick their opponents is hilarious.

When Barao defended an interim title, Dom was not also having fights against Faber because they would draw more money....

Putting Aspen on the shelf or compelling him to defend a interim belt against anyone else when the Champion is going to be active is rank Whoring by the UFC and Jones.

I don't know if you are a willing Shill or a useful idiot.
Jon Jones is "arguably" the greatest P4P fighter of all time, he's at the tail end of his career and has earned a fight with the LONGEST reigning UFC heavyweight champion in history. Jones just demolished Gane, who was apparently a top 3 heavyweight. Aspinall is 14-3, he's never even made it to the 3rd round. It's laughable Sherdog is crying for Jon to be stripped when they can't face the facts.

Bottom line is Jones has earned his right to choose a legacy fight at the end of his career and no one outside of Sherdog sees Aspinall as a legitimate threat to Jones.

Aspinall doesn’t deserve this fight over Stipe. Stipe is still number 2 fighter at HW. The only man to beat Ngannou. Losing to Ngannou doesn’t make Aspinall higher than Stipe in the rankings because Stipe’s been out. He can’t strip Stipe of all of that title experience nor did Stipe fall 5 spots down the ranking losing to Ngannou.

Last edited:
You may have me there! Wouldn't surprise me though, that was a whole different generation that really seemed to want to fight as much as possible
Just remembered, Big Nog defended an interim belt against Mir too, and lost it.

Jon Jones is "arguably" the greatest P4P fighter of all time, he's at the tail end of his career and has earned a fight with the LONGEST reigning UFC heavyweight champion in history. Jones just demolished Gane, who was apparently a top 3 heavyweight. Aspinall is 14-3, he's never even made it to the 3rd round. It's laughable Sherdog is crying for Jon to be stripped when they can't face the facts.

Bottom line is Jones has earned his right to choose a legacy fight at the end of his career and no one outside of Sherdog sees Aspinall as a legitimate threat to Jones.
An interim Champion is by definition a threat to the Champion.

The UFC made that move. Not Sherdog or anybody else.

Jones is no longer the Undisputed Champion. He is the disputed champion by virtue of the UFC putting an interim belt on Aspinall.

Your hyperbole has nothing to do with the facts.

Your narrative and Dana's simply plays to what they hope is a big money opportunity at the cost of hypocrisy regarding awarding Aspinall a championship belt. They didn't have to do it, but they did to enhance the viability of a PPV.

Sidebar: No argument with Jones' greatness. I love his fights.

How stupid is it going to be when Jones wins over an old Stipe, then retires right there acting like he's the GOAT of anyone EVER in the UFC?

Didn't Dana just proved everything I said?
Aspinal will not fight Stipe. Jon will. If he wants to defend his (fake) belt meanwhile, he can. But it won't be against Jon or Stipe.
That is exactly what Dana said.
Why the sarcasm?
First, the only thing Dana White has ever proved is what a shithead he is, over and over. Secondly, why is Tom's belt the fake belt? At least he has a record at HW. He fought his way up the ranks, he has some good wins and a freak injury loss. He's actually a real HW who fights in the HW division. Jon, on the other hand, was gifted a title fight when he had not even one fight in the division. He didn't even beat the champ, he beat a contender, but his belt should be the "real" belt? Now he's out for a year and refuses to fight anyone but an old man who hasn't been active in years. If you can't see the absurdity of this situation, then I don't know what else to say.

Why don't we do all those 'tail end of career fights' after he either loses to Aspinall or gives up the belt to someone who actually wants to fight in the division. Jones Stipe for a HW title is retarded and everyone knows it. This legacy fight won't help Jones legacy

First, the only thing Dana White has ever proved is what a shithead he is, over and over. Secondly, why is Tom's belt the fake belt? At least he has a record at HW. He fought his way up the ranks, he has some good wins and a freak injury loss. He's actually a real HW who fights in the HW division. Jon, on the other hand, was gifted a title fight when he had not even one fight in the division. He didn't even beat the champ, he beat a contender, but his belt should be the "real" belt? Now he's out for a year and refuses to fight anyone but an old man who hasn't been active in years. If you can't see the absurdity of this situation, then I don't know what else to say.
The only absurd here is in how blind you are.
Look, I am not saying this is "OK". I am not even saying that this is good.
I am stating facts that you simply refuse to see.

If a clown like Conor got a title shot at the division above without even dominating his division, why shouldn't the obvious LHW GOAT get one too?
And so he fought the last HW title challenger; and he won that fight in seconds.
He will get to fight another legend whom, like he just did, is coming back for one more shot at the belt.
Makes perfect sense.
The only thing you don't like is the fact your hero will have to sit and wait for this fight to happen, and for the belt, like it has to be!

So Jon being the best LHW and Stipe being the best UFC HW fighter, both with the MOST TITLE DEFENSES! This fight is not a legacy fight?

And listen kid I hold no flag for any fighter. I love them all. Any fighter who steps in the cage or ring has my respect.

You new fans have no respect for fighters that have put there time in and have the accomplishments they have.

You dismiss them both as if they are not the best in their prospective weight classes.

And this is a Huge fight that will do big PPV buys. Every casual fan I know is talking about this fight. There are not talking about Tom and his 2 fight win streak.

Wake up and respect the fighters who put there time in.

Fake fans...flash in the pan fans...what have you done for me lately fans..

Bahahahaaha take care kid.
Kid? I am pretty sure I have kids older than you. The only casual in this conversation is you.

Way to tell me you know nothing without telling me you know nothing. You likely only have 4 friends, and they're just regurgitating the same bullshit you spout. This fight was relevant 5 years ago, it's meaningless now.

Neither will defend regardless of who wins, so the belt is just going to end up being vacated. It is literally a waste of time. One of the biggest cheats of all time against a fighter who will be at least 3 years removed from fighting coming off a loss. Jones ducked Ngannou, is ducking Aspinall, who is the rightful #1 contender to the undisputed belt, and you think a work is the right path to take.

If it's a "legacy fight", there really doesn't even need to be a belt on the line, does there? Let the division and proper rankings move on and the fanboys drool over a fight that means nothing. The UFC, Jones, and obviously you want Jones to beat a washed up Stipe as if it's going to bolster Jones' legacy. If Jones fought Stipe in his prime and beat him, maybe things would be different. But this fight is clearly set up to make Jones look great at Miocic's expense and nothing more. And yes, I am more of a Stipe fan than Jones, but he's not winning this fight, and I have no interest in this fight at all. Like I said, 5 years ago, whole different story, but now... it makes a much sense as the babble you utter does.

Ngannou would have only had to hit Jones once and he would have slept him and you.

PS. Neither Dana or Jones will pay you, fuck you, or ever even give a shit about you, so you might as well find a new bromance, maybe something more your style... like Luke Cummo. The two of you can practice your urine therapy.

My problem is Why is Tom so god dam anxious to strip jones and why are the Fans so eager to see Tom as
champ RIGHT NOW. Jones already said hes retiring so wtf. Either way Tom gets to fight for the belt after
the bout. What is he so upset for. even worst case scenerio tom defends his belt and LOSES. Tom will always be a win or two from a title shot for the rest of his career up in heavyweight, assuming
his chin can keep up. If derrick lewis even despite his recent loss KO's 2-3 more heavyweights in impressive
fashion he will be up for a title shot. the heavyweight division isnt that deep like it once was so what is he scared for.

he acts like he has to worry about Prime Brock, Cain, dos sontos, shane carwin, prime horsemeat alistar, werdum, big nog, prime frank mir,
Dc, big foot, Dos sontos, Congo, Francis, Prime Stipe, etc etc.

like relax kid. Gane and that dude he just beat, are the only threat he really has to worry about. Francis is gone,
stipe is old and jones is leaving..... RELAX.

This is the last fight for Stipe and Jones, they want each other because they are both older. If Dana doesn't set this up, he doesn't get the money from that card. They then both retire.

Tom is going to slaughter a lot of people. The Old guys don't want that heat.

Instead of crying and making fool of himself Aspinal need to earn the fight with GOAT: his only one legit win is Pavlovich (unproven as f*ck himself) <JonesDXSuckIt>

How is Pav unproven? He just ran through Curtis Blaydes, Tuivasa and Black Beast in a combined time of less than 5 minutes....

Then Aspinall starches him when he was considered the most dangerous contender for Jones.

Aspinall is gonna do the real Champ work of taking out the legit dangerous contenders while Jones holds out for a money fight against geriatric Stipe then rides off into the sunset.

They should just make Jones Vs Stipe be a BMF belt and have Aspinall be real champ who's he's fighting real contenders.

Last edited:
Back