Who should Aspinall fight, while waiting for Jones and Stipe debacle to end?

What should Aspinall do?

• Total voters
The ufc pulled the move on good guy Tom. Tricked him into taking that huge risk to help save their card and the reality is they knew the interim wasn't going to mean a whole lot. Now it's almost like " would you listen to this annoying whiney cunt tom" vibes from dana.

He should fight gane as they are both available. It’s the best fight available for the fans and both fighters. However, it shouldn’t be for Toms interim trinket, he should chuck it in the bin, it’s obviously meaningless! What a fuckin shambles having the interim belt being defended just so a couple of semi retired fighters can fight for the real title 1 or 2 years down the line. The organisation is a joke

Gane or the winner of Blaydes vs Almeida in March

Gane or Almeida.
But in the best scenario, he should lose the belt to Perreira.

Why should he fight? To make money! That's the goal professional fighters have.

Gane or Almeida.
But in the best scenario, he should lose the belt to Perreira.

Lol in your fantasy scenario perhaps, if Pereira could buzz Aspinall even once then Aspinall would just manhandle him down with ease and insta-sub him.

Lol in your fantasy scenario perhaps, if Pereira could buzz Aspinall even once then Aspinall would just manhandle him down with ease and insta-sub him.
Probably, I was joking ofc. I’d still like to see it though.

Except Gane had been ducking Tom for a while, until Tom got a belt and conveniently Gane wants to fight him now. Tom doesn't want to reward Gane for ducking him in the past.

The Aspinall vs Gane matchup is a very interesting one but Gane should probably win another fight first.

Also seems unfair to say Jon Jones and Stipe are both allowed to duck Tom and hold up the division by waiting for a fight with each other but with Tom, no, we're going to force him to fight someone that he has a very specific reason for not wanting to fight.
There was no reason for Gane to fight Tom before. He was ranked higher than him. Tom got to fight for the interim after only one win coming off of a loss. There's no reason why Gane couldn't and shouldn't be able to as well. Jon and Stipe isn't even comparable to Tom. Jon and Stipe have had long careers and have earned their right to choose to sit out and wait for who they want to fight at this point of their careers if they wish to do so. Tom on the other hand hasn't earned that same privilege yet. So yes, it is very fair for Tom to HAVE to fight Gane at this point of his career even if he doesn't want to while waiting for Jon or the belt to be vacated.

Winner of Almedia vs Blaydes I think is a great option. Almeida with a win is a very clear #1 contender. Blaydes just got KO'd, but prior to that he had 3 nice wins in a row, has a win over Tom (technically) and would be coming off a win over Almeida.

I feel Gane needs to be paired up with Pavlovich.

Ideally he would sit out and sit for the Jones/Stipe farce to blow up in everybody's face.

But I get it. He's young, hungry, wants to be active. So I say Gane. It makes the most sense, he's ranked #1, there's some history with Gane ducking him previously and he's even a relatively easy fight for Tom.

Smash Gane early in the year and then wait to see which one of Jones and Stipe pulls out first.

Back