News White to Aspinall: Defend Interim Title or Sit on the Shelf. You Don't Get Jones.

How stupid is it going to be when Jones wins over an old Stipe, then retires right there acting like he's the GOAT of anyone EVER in the UFC?
It's going to be so stupid but I bet they pull it off. They would push Stipe into the cage in a wheelchair to pull it off.

Kid? I am pretty sure I have kids older than you. The only casual in this conversation is you.

Way to tell me you know nothing without telling me you know nothing. You likely only have 4 friends, and they're just regurgitating the same bullshit you spout. This fight was relevant 5 years ago, it's meaningless now.

Neither will defend regardless of who wins, so the belt is just going to end up being vacated. It is literally a waste of time. One of the biggest cheats of all time against a fighter who will be at least 3 years removed from fighting coming off a loss. Jones ducked Ngannou, is ducking Aspinall, who is the rightful #1 contender to the undisputed belt, and you think a work is the right path to take.

If it's a "legacy fight", there really doesn't even need to be a belt on the line, does there? Let the division and proper rankings move on and the fanboys drool over a fight that means nothing. The UFC, Jones, and obviously you want Jones to beat a washed up Stipe as if it's going to bolster Jones' legacy. If Jones fought Stipe in his prime and beat him, maybe things would be different. But this fight is clearly set up to make Jones look great at Miocic's expense and nothing more. And yes, I am more of a Stipe fan than Jones, but he's not winning this fight, and I have no interest in this fight at all. Like I said, 5 years ago, whole different story, but now... it makes a much sense as the babble you utter does.

Ngannou would have only had to hit Jones once and he would have slept him and you.

PS. Neither Dana or Jones will pay you, fuck you, or ever even give a shit about you, so you might as well find a new bromance, maybe something more your style... like Luke Cummo. The two of you can practice your urine therapy.
This fake fan is angry... wow good job kid with the insults...you've won me over with the compelling arguments you have put forward.

Ok yes Jon is not a legend. Stipe is not a legend. This is not a legacy fight and Tom is what Fedor wished he could be.

Sherdog crying that a fight with a badly injured Jones vs Aspinall hasn’t been booked when that was never the intent is priceless sherdog stupid

Not true. People are crying than when Jones returns he fights the ashes remains of Stipe instead of the current active intérim champ. That's it

It is clear Dana and the UFC see Jones vs. Stipe as the most profitable option and they will do whatever to make it happen. People in here saying nobody cares, but they’re names the casual audience recognizes and that’s who they’re targeting. Wish they would drop the sports entertainment approach but it’s not going to happen.

This. No one knows who Aspinall is that actually pays for PPVs. But they know Jones and Stipe and will buy that fight.

Not true. People are crying than when Jones returns he fights the ashes remains of Stipe instead of the current active intérim champ. That's it
Why if you were Jon Jones if you already negotiated and the UFC was fine and the fans were ready would you want any other fight than Stipe? If either Jones or Stipe wins now you have a fighter the UFC can market as undisputed UFC GOAT whose next fight will be worth a fortune so ask yourself why would the UFC do anything different now? Aspinall’s spot is secure let the original plan play out is the smartest play for the buck. Which is why what you suggest is classic sherdog stupid. Not thinking of the bigger picture which is at the end of the day money and good fights. What you suggest simply isn’t the wisest money play

UFC gonna UFC. They rebooked Almeida vs blaydes instead of a true number one contenders battle of Gane vs Almeida. 100% they're pressuring Aspinall into the defense vs Gane now maybe Paris' first ppv in the summer.
This makes a lot of sense especially since Jon already showed how easily he can beat Gane if Gane wins against Aspinall. Which sets up another PPV with Jon against French “champ” that he can beat and retire

So then literally what is the point of having an interim title?

In what reality does it make any sense to have an active defending champ, AND an active defending interim champ in the SAME division?

The UFC could benefit from the absense of Dana White at this point. Hes only getting in his own way at this point.

classic sherdog stupid. Not thinking of the bigger picture which is at the end of the day money and good fights.
It's not a good fight and I'm not getting any money for it. Why the hell should I want it when there's a fight that actually makes sense?

It's not a good fight and I'm not getting any money for it. Why the hell should I want it when there's a fight that actually makes sense?
It was the fight that was already planned and the one that makes the most sense for Jonrs and Stile and it doesn’t hurt the aspect of s Aspinall fight after is the answer. It makes the most money sense to the UFC as well. So how is that alluding you?

It was the fight that was already planned and the one that makes the most sense for Jonrs and Stile and it doesn’t hurt the aspect of s Aspinall fight after is the answer. It makes the most money sense to the UFC as well. So how is that alluding you?
So I guess this year's Super Bowl should be Tom Brady vs Peyton Manning because they earned it and it would make the most money. They need to stop calling the UFC a sport because it's not, it's just entertainment, and not even good entertainment in this case.

So then literally what is the point of having an interim title?

In what reality does it make any sense to have an active defending champ, AND an active defending interim champ in the SAME division?

The UFC could benefit from the absense of Dana White at this point. Hes only getting in his own way at this point.
To prop up weak cards with a fake belt. That's always been the purpose of the interim, nothing more.

Nothing wrong with being old (I’m old), but these are 2 aging HOFers that are agreeing to meet in the middle on their geriatric terms. Just be honest about it and let’s not pretend they are still at the top of the food chain. If neither Stipe nor Jones have any intention on fighting the interim champ, that belt is not a real champion belt.

I never understood the "no intention" on fighting the new interim champ when one fighter is actually injured, and they are booked to fight each other. Both have stated that they could fight Aspinall after their fight. The issue here is that You would need the jones and Stipe fight to actually materialize for this to be credible. Meaning jones and Stipe already fought and do not want to fight the intereim champion. But the reality is that the jones and Stipe fight has been signed and in the making before Aspinall was even a recognized top divisional fighter or an apple in the eye of his newly found fanbase. Aspinall was behind Gane, Ngannou and so on in the picture of top HW champions when jones moved up. He was also nowhere in the picture when jones signed to fight Stipe. Now Aspinall should get a fight based on some hairbrain idea that he is now on top of the divsion when a contract and fight had already been booked before he had pampers and put on his big boy pants in the HW division.

My view is Aspnall can wait or defend the interim because if he thought he had an easy fight Aspinall would take the easy interim fight and make money rather than cry.

There have been interim belts for years and that is business. Aspinall is currently a nobody in comparison to both and Stipe is still a decorated former HW champion. Why would Dana trade that in for a young kid who is crying about a shot.

Last edited:
The 100% commitment to Jones/Stipe is just holding up the division and making a mess of things. Stipe is a legend, but he shouldn't even be ranked right now let alone get a title shot.

A title fight that doesn't include the interim champion renders the interim belt completely meaningless.

To prop up weak cards with a fake belt. That's always been the purpose of the interim, nothing more.
You actually gave me an idea. If anyone has Dana's contact info please send it. My idea consists of making the top three fighters of every division an interim champ. There will literally be a championship fight or five on every event. I'm a damn genius

Guess Tom will sit out then until the UFC either makes the unification bout between Tom & Jones or the UFC strips the belt from Tom

The UFC's obsession with Jones vs Stipe is just another bag fumble for the HW division

No one cares about the fight except the UFC and Jones
I think it the only scenario where Jones accepted to fight

I WANT TO SEE MIOCIC FIGHT JONES.

But not for the belt ffs.
Holding up Aspinall's potential legacy for wolf tickets.

Just sell it as a retirement fight.

Greatest UFC HW in history vs Greatest LHW in UFC history.
Makes more sense than holding up the division.

Beating Stipe at this point in his career doesn't add to Jones legacy, this is a joke fight.

Back