What is it like being old?

I find the older I get thee more I hate people and find them vile and evil. Yeah people suck. I like turtles though and cats.

But fuck people

uhmm I had already forgotten what it is to be an idiot young man, thank you TS

32, and sports injuries from younger days linger, mainly knee pain. Makes it difficult to sleep as you wake up by the knee pain, or at least for me it does. Recommend playing low impact sports where you don't set yourself up for joint pain in the future.

Drinking wise, can't go Friday's and Saturdays now, its just one or the other. Either by longer recovery times or just tired of feeling sick on weekends and feeling like you don't get enough rest once Monday work comes around.

Haven't been to a dance club in years, its pubs for me now.

For those 30 and older.

i mean no offense i look forward to it one day because hey at least living to see 30 and 40 or 50 is a blessing in many ways many our ancestor not know.

TS are you from Ceuta

Pro: money, don't give a shit

Con: pain, body falling apart, fear of mortality, loss of passion.

Living in a state that legalized helps with the cons.

A hard workout or training sessions will wreck me for the night and possibly the next day. I have to be proactive - stretch before and after (active before, static stretching afterwards), foam roller, street hockey ball, and variou self massage devices are a must), I drink this recovery drink by Vega, hydrate, and try to eat properly.

For some reasons younger chicks seem to be in to you more but you look like a pervert if you actually try to date them ( by young I mean early to mid 20s).

Injuries take longer to heal.

My insurance is cheaper.

I could go on but I babble at times.

Brosephs 30 is the new 20s, and no longer considered old.

Nah fuck disregarding reality. That's for Bruce Jenner. And I guess people born after 2000?

Nothing wrong with be being old. Unless you are wasting your years that is...

It's more that most didn't survive childhood. That brings the average down considerably.

This is true. Infant mortality is part of average lifespan calculations. It's not that years ago people lived till like 30 or 40. It's that you'd have a high infant mortality rate being part of the average.

So it seemed like people used to die young as hell. Not the case. People weren't dying at 47 in 1900 like the average lifespan for that year says.

Hell fucking Socrates died at the age of 70

"But the inclusion of infant mortality rates in calculating life expectancy creates the mistaken impression that earlier generations died at a young age. The fact is that the maximum human lifespan — a concept often confused with "life expectancy" — has remained more or less the same for thousands of years. The idea that our ancestors routinely died young (say, at age 40) has no basis in scientific fact."

Last edited:
Everything starts to smell like grape juice. The sky has a pinkish hue, but only between midnight and 2 am. You can spot worms from hundreds of feet away. Sometimes you blurt out "Bananas are yellow and have Potassium" for no reason.

You'll see someday...

For those 30 and older.

i mean no offense i look forward to it one day because hey at least living to see 30 and 40 or 50 is a blessing in many ways many our ancestor not know.

I honestly thought you are like 45 to 50 no offense sometimes you sound really old.

Pretty awesome, I just retired so everyday is like summer vacation. I do whatever the fuck I want and wait for the first of the month to roll around. Hey that sounds like a lot of folks I see at the grocery store in my hood. But seriously, it's a lot better than being young if you don't wreck yourself before you get there.

Not sure what's worse, someone thinking 30 is old or people in their early 30s acting like the ARE old.

It's liberating. People respect you more, and you can be more confident. All you have to do is avoid being fat and every lady over 30 thinks you're hot.

On the other hand, you've been walking around living in the same brain for several decades. I wish I could change the experience and way of thinking sometimes. Oh well. Booze.

I find the older I get thee more I hate people and find them vile and evil. Yeah people suck. I like turtles though and cats.
But fuck people

Turns out he grew up to be a stock trader...

iliketurtles.jpg

28.. damn, only 2 years away from being old it seems.

Back