What is it like being old?

Above 30??? Come the f on 30 isn’t old.

At 30 I was still going full bore, things started to slow a little at 38, and then at 40 was like a switch was flipped. Everything hurts all the time now and it’s been getting worse and worse the last few years since turning 40.

I still look “young” but it’s changjng and catching up quick fast.

dude, listen to your body - i've had to eliminate running, push ups, bench press, dead lifts, rows from my routines because it injures me. find things that don't injure you. i can still do squats, dumbbell flies, shoulder presses, pullups,

being old is great.
or at least compared to the alternative.

as the saying goes, if you're not getting older, you're dead.

I'm almost 36 now.

Physically: I have to be more careful with warming up when working out and I do get pretty sore. I'm still able to lift or do something physical about 6 days a week. I do feel like I need an average of 8 hours of sleep per night though.

Mentally: Obviously the older you get, the more responsibilities you take on. I'm constantly juggling things at work. It's exhausting having kids too. Time is a very precious commodity due to that.

Lifestyle: Honestly, besides work and kids, I keep my life stress free. I don't worry about bullshit drama with friends that I had in my 20's. I have no financial stress whatsoever. My 30's is where I progressed the most in life.

I'm 52 and I feel great!! Work out all the time. Hang with friends. Have a great girlfriend. Don't be scared about getting old. Just take care of yourself and you will age gracefully.

Its why the sun used to revolve around the earth.... The universe doesnt care and nor should it esp. if you take scale into account.

What is chaos but complete disorder and confusion. All life is death, the conversion of another form of matter(another order) to your own. If you could observe and be apart of life it would appear to be a furiously chaotic very brief flashes of light after all our lifespans are like a bacteria which lives for seconds against a tree that lives for centuries and we are a long lived lifeform.

I have no problems of people superinposing meaning on the universe as our jails are full of people who understand this fact that its all meaningless(whether through intuition or reason). Finding meaning is fine just dont tell yourself its a universal true and you will not be disappointed to badly.

As for the op, I have far more money and care far less. I can do far more due to the above and far less due to my old injuries and deaires change. Your 30s and 40s should be the best of your lives live for them dont fear them.
Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. Oh and you know the thing about chaos, it’s fair.

being old is great.
or at least compared to the alternative.

as the saying goes, if you're not getting older, you're dead.

Fucking sucks.

A couple of weeks I got injured COMPLETELY out of nowhere. My knee started hurting so bad I couldn't sit down to take a shit. Pain lasted about a week too.

NEVER EVER happened before either.

I'm 44. I use this iHeart device for a study I'm a par of until the fall. It says my internal age is 26 today. The other day I was 29.

In keeping with that theme, you often ask people "how old do I look" and hope they are kind.

Life gets really monotonous unless you learn new things and expose yourself to different experiences.

I went out the other night with some people in my age group and they are still carrying on like sports is the most important thing in the world, I waited for an opening when the one guy said he is training for the Boston Marathon. I asked him if he was there for the fake attack, partially to change the subject of sports and see where everyone was at as far as critical thinking. All but one of them is nor more awake than your average 20 year old. These dumb asses don't know anything about anything other than their jobs and parroting pop culture crap.

Above 30??? Come the f on 30 isn’t old.

At 30 I was still going full bore, things started to slow a little at 38, and then at 40 was like a switch was flipped. Everything hurts all the time now and it’s been getting worse and worse the last few years since turning 40.

I still look “young” but it’s changjng and catching up quick fast.

Its old to me if you were born before 1990 equals old to me. Before 93 or 95 kind of old too. Wish I was born in 2000

dude, listen to your body - i've had to eliminate running, push ups, bench press, dead lifts, rows from my routines because it injures me. find things that don't injure you. i can still do squats, dumbbell flies, shoulder presses, pullups,

What? How old are you? If anything Deadlifts and heavy squats should be eliminated. Typically bench and flys and pull ups and push ups can be done not injure people

What? How old are you? If anything Deadlifts and heavy squats should be eliminated. Typically bench and flys and pull ups and push ups can be done not injure people

I have a bad shoulder from baseball and bench press, pushups aggrevate it it terribly. I haven't slept on my right side in nearly 25 years. the deadlifting or any major pulling also aggravates the shoulder.

I have a sciatic issue which bench press also hurts doing, and running as well.

oddly enough, jumping rope and squats don't bother me.

I can tell you one thing. As you get older you realize life can throw curve balls and all kinds of shit can happen. Not to just you, but even people you care about all around you.

At the same time when shit does hit the fan the most important thing is how you react to it.

People die around you with much greater frequency. The sense of mortality makes you enjoy things more.

Back