What is it like being old?

Unfortunately that would not have worked with the cunt knuckle i was married to, she is a grade A narcissist.. Whats worse is she teaches kids !! Fucking dangerous bitches in charge of kids .. Hell yeah
Yep, mine was a teacher too. Apparently, education is the #1 profession for cheating women, finance for cheating men. That information would have been a little more useful to me years earlier.

Yep, mine was a teacher too. Apparently, education is the #1 profession for cheating women, finance for cheating men. That information would have been a little more useful to me years earlier.

Yeah sure would have been, im pretty sure they have somekind of superiorty complex, bossing all those poors little bastards about all day.. Fucking devils spawn

I'm 34 and feel pretty good. Probably better than in my 20's because I actually live a healthy lifestyle for the most part.

30's is still young, but it's old enough that small things start to creep into your life that make you realise this shit isn't going to last forever. Something you don't really have any concept of in your 20's.

Not really, but it goes fast.

For those 30 and older.

i mean no offense i look forward to it one day because hey at least living to see 30 and 40 or 50 is a blessing in many ways many our ancestor not know.

As things change in your life, you begin to appreciate more the things you had growing up, and you begin to understand your parents better. Don't squander your youth. Live it up and appreciate it.

I'm 38 and the only thing making me feel old is when old TKD injuries haunt me and my hip give me shit because I decided to stand up a certain way

Other than that I'm 25

It's a matter of perspective.

When you're 18 people in their 30's seem old as fuck. To someone in their 60's you're still a pup.

I was dating a chick who was 7 years younger than me, and people were like that’s a big age gap. But I’m like it’s all relative. When I’m 67 she’ll be 60. And you also have to realize life is very short, some people die in there 30’s and 40’s, some people in their 80’s and 90’s, no one knows what tomorrow will bring. I just lost a friend to cancer who was 29.

by forum standards, I'm right up there with the oldest no doubt.

it's not that bad. I can do all the things I've done for years.

just not for as long and not with the same energy.
<Moves>

See you old fucks in a year and a half im gettin the fuck out of this thread

On the tail end of my 30s and i feel fine. Great actually. Minor aches, but I've had those since getting injured in my early 20s. Only bummer is my hair hauling from my head to go to my ears and ass. That's some bullshit.

There are two things that I see that go to shit when a lot of people get to their 40s.

a. your physical condition. If you're not hardcore about fitness and working out, you'll go dad-bod in no time.

b. just giving up. I've seen so many people who were beaten up by work/life by their mid-40s that they have essentially given up and are just passing the time until they're dead.

I would strongly advise avoiding both (a) and (b) above. I couldn't imagine trying to go through the rest of life out of shape and psychologically exhausted/beaten up; but a lot of people do.

There are two things that I see that go to shit when a lot of people get to their 40s.

a. your physical condition. If you're not hardcore about fitness and working out, you'll go dad-bod in no time.

b. just giving up. I've seen so many people who were beaten up by work/life by their mid-40s that they have essentially given up and are just passing the time until they're dead.

I would strongly advise avoiding both (a) and (b) above. I couldn't imagine trying to go through the rest of life out of shape and psychologically exhausted/beaten up; but a lot of people do.
how do you do that tho?

how do you do that tho?

You keep pushing 100% all of the time. Staying in shape takes a lot of time and discipline but based on what i see in the S&C forum here it looks like a lot of sherdoggers in good shape into their 40s.

As for not giving up, you just have to keep pushing -- hard. Everyone has a career set back, the question is do you stand up and push harder or just give up? It's easy to say shit like, "well, I just don't want to do what Carl is willing to do a work" or "management just doesn't like me". THat's easy, what's hard is changing careers and making yourself better.

I would also advise (1) not being burdened by debt and (2) not looking at what your neighbors have or are spending. there is no better feeling in the world than being able to afford most anything but having the sense to know that most of it is unnecessary.

It's a matter of perspective.

When you're 18 people in their 30's seem old as fuck. To someone in their 60's you're still a pup.

Perspective is part of it, yes. I find the older a person gets the farther back they push what they consider old. Biologically your 30's isn't young. VO2max tends to decline by about 10% per decade after the age of 30. Athletes who continue to compete and train hard can reduce the drop by about half, to 5% per decade after the age of 30. Among other things. Even NFL running backs as a population see a big drop off from age 29 to 30 seasons.

I consider young to be under 30.

Perspective is part of it, yes. I find the older a person gets the farther back they push what they consider old. Biologically your 30's isn't young. VO2max tends to decline by about 10% per decade after the age of 30. Athletes who continue to compete and train hard can reduce the drop by about half, to 5% per decade after the age of 30. Among other things. Even NFL running backs as a population see a big drop off from age 29 to 30 seasons.

I consider young to be under 30.

Well yeah, but you're talking about high level athletic performance, which isn't all that relevant to most people.

I'll be pretty happy if 30 years from now I can still live a reasonably active life, which I think is very achievable in this day and age if one is prepared to look after one's meat vessel.

In ancient days 30 was like our 60. Most don't live long because of disease or warfare.

It's more that most didn't survive childhood. That brings the average down considerably.

It's better. Life gets better the longer you live it.

Everything in its season. Life is for enjoying and living.

You heal slower, recover slower, progress slower in training.
You gain bulk easier and know your body better.

You regret missed opportunities and failed judgements but understand that "experience" is the name we give our mistakes and that the hand of fate has swooped in like Superman just like it's hit you below the belt or poked you in the eye.

You've probably got more money, more responsibility, less time, less uncertainty.

Morning after a night out hits like a fucking heavyweight. But you can chow down on carbs and gravy more often because who are you trying to impress at this point in the game?

Back