Weidman says he has low testosterone,challenges Vitor to compare testosterone levels

Weidman was so confident he was going to beat Anderson. And I have to give it to him, he talked the talk and walked the walk.

But now against Vitor he wants to argue about T levels? Just worry about beating Vitor.

Yep. Too much TRT talk, sick and tired of it.

No. It just makes him not have the need for TRT

Gotcha. It does seem like he doesn't need it at this point, but I'm sure people will change their tune if TRTitor wins. Of course I don't like that anyone is doing it. Will be an interesting fight.

source http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/1/6/5274774/the-mma-hour-with-chris-weidman-tarec-saffiedine-matt-serra-luke

Yesterday Weidman spoke out on the MMA hour show with Ariel about why he is against TRT.
He said , he himself has low testosterone and did not agree with what guys like Vitor do.
He also confirmed he has low testosterone and challenged Vitor to compare their testosterone levels to see how much higher Vitors testosterone would be then his since he already has low testosterone and refuses to take TRT.

Wish more guys were like Weidman and not choose to take the easy way out , Weidman has low testosterone and Im sure can be granted a trt exemption like all these other guys but refuses to go on that stuff and use hard work in the gym instead of TRT to compeate. He goes the clean way and does not take any short cuts even with low testosterone levels.

Weidman is lying. If he could get TRT, he would.

Found an interesting post on an other forum:
Legitimate Testosterone Replacement Therapy restores the serum testosterone levels of a patient to so-called "optimal" levels, usually somewhere between 500-1000ng/dl. The issue with TRT in professional sports isn't that dosage, I mean, that's an ethical concern, of course, but those serum levels offer very little "advantage," since they are widely considered to be that of an average man, let alone a professional athlete. The actual advantage to being on TRT is that traditional sport drug testing relies a lot on the T:E test, as an indicator of the likelihood that an athlete is using synthetic testosterone. Guys are often caught with "elevated T:E ratios," and so it's pretty obvious they were using synthetic testosterone in their training camps. With an athlete on TRT, an indicator of Testosterone abuse is immediately removed from the testing panel. An athlete can then safely use higher doses throughout the camp, knowing that as long as the serum level is low at testing time, he can go unpunished.

If you're on TRT and not being tested randomly throughout the camp, you can take advantage of short-ester testosterone. I could have 10x more serum testosterone than your average male, but by using short-chain esters or testosterone suspension, in a matter of hours my Serum levels will be down to "low", and therefore I'll pass the secondary testing.
So long story short, unless you randomly test an athlete on TRT, guys like Vitor could just use superhuman doses throughout training, and, in theory, perhaps even during the fight (though that would offer little benefit), and testers would be none the wiser.

He's a moron for being a crybaby about trt. Just go in and fight if you claim to be the best fighter.

Voicing out about trt doesn't make him a moron or an idiot, he doesn't have less intelligence. Trt is a highly discussed topic and many would agree with weidmans comments.

Since it hasn't been mentioned yet, over 6 pages of discussion, I'll throw this out there:

A lot of fighters are on TUEs for TRT. But we are only talking about one fighter. And why is that? A trio of top 10 fighter highlight reel head kick KOs.

The truth is that TRT casts a shadow on MMA and its storied past (in Japan) and its major players, those who are of the "old guard" so to speak. These new corn-fed college wrasslin' types the UFC is bringing up are better off bringing UFC to the masses.

We already have the keyboard warriors, idiot bargoers, thugs, bikers, gym rats and some real practicing martial artists. DFW wants the soccer moms, their moms, and their Catholic priests along for the ride as well. It's all about selling more PPVs baby.

Yeah but the average level for people age 25-35 is about ~650 ng/dL

OK, but is that the cap for the commissions? That's what I'm trying to figure out. Is there a hard number that someone must be under while on TRT? Like, did they ever release what Big Foot's level was on his failed test after the Hunt fight?

I wasn't impressed with either of Weidmans wins... A "gift" KO against Silva the first time and Silva broke his leg kicking Weidman the second... Weidman gonna get smashed by Vitor regardless of his T-levels!

Stop crying Weidman. I can smell the shitty underwear u crapped from here n I'm in downtown manhattan right now. Lol

Exactly. The limits for Testosterone are very high to account for the very few who actually do have legit natural high testosterone. The reality is that vast majority of people, even athletes aren't even close to the Commission limits naturally.

So guys on TRT, even if they actually stayed in the allowed range during their entire camp (which is doubtful), they would still likely have a much higher testosterone level than most fighters...sometimes 2x to 3x higher.

Finally, other posters on Sherdog who know what they are talking about with "normal" testosterone levels.

I don't have a source for it but what I've see quoted is 250ng/dl-1100ng/dl

That's what I've seen as the broad range for "normal" levels, I've also seen Kizer, for one, say that the guys are supposed to be on the lower end of the "normal" range. Certainly you're not allowed to supplement yourself up to the very limit, especially if, as the other poster mentioned, most fall around 625.

I may be farting in the wind here. Maybe there isn't a hard, set limit of "if you're on TRT you can't be over X." But it certainly seems like there should be, right?

Honestly, since this is for a championship belt, vitor should have to go through random drug testing all throughout his camp.

That's what I've seen as the broad range for "normal" levels, I've also seen Kizer, for one, say that the guys are supposed to be on the lower end of the "normal" range. Certainly you're not allowed to supplement yourself up to the very limit, especially if, as the other poster mentioned, most fall around 625.

I may be farting in the wind here. Maybe there isn't a hard, set limit of "if you're on TRT you can't be over X." But it certainly seems like there should be, right?
The only thing I've found is an interview in which Kizer says that they expects fighters who are on TRT to be in the 600's at best. But I can't find any information if they allow for more than that or not.

MMA Sentinel: Do you happen to know the cutoff limit for total testosterone in terms of ng/dL?

Keith Kizer: The cutoff is under 300ng/dL. One of the misconceptions is where can you be with treatment. The average, normal amount is somewhere between 300 and 1100, or 350 and 1050, depending on the lab; there's some dispute about how low should low be and how high should high be. We expect, with treatment, at best you should be somewhere in the 600's. Most of the time they're still in the 400's or 500's, or even 300's. We've had athletes who compete here on TRT and their blood levels don't get any higher than the 300's, but that's better than being in the 100's.
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/12/...iculty-in-getting-a-trt-tue-discusses-testing

But the problem is that without testing between fights there is no way of knowing if they stick to that "rule" when they are not being tested. Right now there is nothing stopping someone from injecting testosterone between fights as long as they make sure to get down to "normal" levels for the prefight test.

The only thing I've found is an interview in which Kizer says that they expects fighters who are on TRT to be in the 600's at best. But I can't find any information if they allow for more than that or not.

Yeah, that's the best I saw too, and it doesn't make much sense to me. Maybe I'm missing the point, but he says the cut off is under 300 and then says "at best" they expect guys to be in the 600s. So, what does the cut off being at 300 mean?

I'd just like a little more transparency into how it works.

source http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/1/6/5274774/the-mma-hour-with-chris-weidman-tarec-saffiedine-matt-serra-luke

Yesterday Weidman spoke out on the MMA hour show with Ariel about why he is against TRT.
He said , he himself has low testosterone and did not agree with what guys like Vitor do.
He also confirmed he has low testosterone and challenged Vitor to compare their testosterone levels to see how much higher Vitors testosterone would be then his since he already has low testosterone and refuses to take TRT.

Wish more guys were like Weidman and not choose to take the easy way out , Weidman has low testosterone and Im sure can be granted a trt exemption like all these other guys but refuses to go on that stuff and use hard work in the gym instead of TRT to compeate. He goes the clean way and does not take any short cuts even with low testosterone levels.

The way people explain why you have low levels makes you wonder if Weidman ever used PEDs... interesting
ive also heard from the team quest camp the extream weight cuts can cause low t too tho so who knows most people think they just use that excuse as a loup hole

The problem with how athletic commissions evaluate TRT users (and all athletes) is that they take urine tests only, not blood levels of actual testosterone. In the urine they look for the infamous "ratio" we all hear about. The problem with this is that several body processes can skew this ratio, as well as using exogenous steroids. A simple (and not that expensive) solution would be to mandate TRT users to only take long ester's of testosterone such as deconate or enathate (which creates more stable blood levels) and then pull blood once a week or once every two weeks and measure the actual testosterone levels in the blood. Furthermore, a cap should be set so that a TRT user should only be allowed to supplement their testosterone to bring them just into the "normal" range, say between 280-400 ng, and not into the mid or high of "normal."

That's like Hector Lombard challenging Weidman to a weight (or height) comparison to discredit Weiman being a large MW.

Weidman already accepted the fight; UFC already booked the fight; athletic commission will make it all legal, and pre- and post- fight drug tests will make the final verdict.

Well said.

Back