Weidman says he has low testosterone,challenges Vitor to compare testosterone levels

Geeez, next logical step here is comparing biceps....

Getting silly. :p

I remember Weidman saying a long time ago before he was the champion, that he got his testosterone levels tested, and they were low. The doctor let him look at the legal limit for TRT users and it was much higher than the average of a young man.

So when people say TRT just takes your testosterone to normal levels, they don't realise that the normal level for TRT is way beyond that of a natural man.

But...but Vitor said...

I guess weight cutting, from high school onwards, can cause testosterone levels to drop below normal.

That's like Hector Lombard challenging Weidman to a weight (or height) comparison to discredit Weiman being a large MW.

Weidman already accepted the fight; UFC already booked the fight; athletic commission will make it all legal, and pre- and post- fight drug tests will make the final verdict.

No it isn't.
Are you an advocate for peds?

"Vitors is bigger than mine." What a douchebag this Weidman guy is

Weidman talking smack
Selling fights
Making money
people talking

He is doing it right. Uncle Chael and Dana are trying to make him the new face of the UFC I guess

If he has low T and isn't using TRT then he is a fucking idiot. Absolutely zero respect for morons like that.

Dumbest post all year. Yes I know were only a week in but this ones gonna ge hard to beat. Stay off the internet.

Weidman was so confident he was going to beat Anderson. And I have to give it to him, he talked the talk and walked the walk.

But now against Vitor he wants to argue about T levels? Just worry about beating Vitor.

Yes, something really doesn't make sense about this...
People with low testosterone shouldn't really look athletic and be all jacked up, should they?
I'm actually asking the question, not making an accusation. Doesn't make sense to me. Can the bodybuilders here provide some info?
People with low testosterone have a much harder time building muscles compared to healthy individuals. So a fighter with low testosterone will have to work a lot harder to accomplish the same results as someone who have normal levels of testosterone, and depending on how low their levels are they might not be able to get the same result at all. Which begs the question; How can someone with low testosterone be as athletic as someone with normal levels if they train the same amount of time? They can't is the simple answer.

source http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/1/6/5274774/the-mma-hour-with-chris-weidman-tarec-saffiedine-matt-serra-luke

Yesterday Weidman spoke out on the MMA hour show with Ariel about why he is against TRT.
He said , he himself has low testosterone and did not agree with what guys like Vitor do.
He also confirmed he has low testosterone and challenged Vitor to compare their testosterone levels to see how much higher Vitors testosterone would be then his since he already has low testosterone and refuses to take TRT.

Wish more guys were like Weidman and not choose to take the easy way out , Weidman has low testosterone and Im sure can be granted a trt exemption like all these other guys but refuses to go on that stuff and use hard work in the gym instead of TRT to compeate. He goes the clean way and does not take any short cuts even with low testosterone levels.

Weidman does not have low testosterone. His is normal. It is naturally much lower that those the TUE's are aritficially allowed to have. That was his point.

source http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/1/6/5274774/the-mma-hour-with-chris-weidman-tarec-saffiedine-matt-serra-luke

Yesterday Weidman spoke out on the MMA hour show with Ariel about why he is against TRT.
He said , he himself has low testosterone and did not agree with what guys like Vitor do.
He also confirmed he has low testosterone and challenged Vitor to compare their testosterone levels to see how much higher Vitors testosterone would be then his since he already has low testosterone and refuses to take TRT.

Wish more guys were like Weidman and not choose to take the easy way out , Weidman has low testosterone and Im sure can be granted a trt exemption like all these other guys but refuses to go on that stuff and use hard work in the gym instead of TRT to compeate. He goes the clean way and does not take any short cuts even with low testosterone levels.

TRT is not an easy way out unless it's abused. If Chris truly has low T and is experiencing the symptoms of low T I think it's silly to not get it addressed. Unless he's concerned about getting labeled a 'roider' by the uneducated masses. Which is a real possibility.

Dumbest post all year. Yes I know were only a week in but this ones gonna ge hard to beat. Stay off the internet.

Dont worry about him mate, the little bitch wont reply anyway. Good riddance

I love how people are trying to make it seem like a pissing contest, don't be ridiculous people...he has a perfect reason why he is talking about T levels and we all know what it is.

I remember Weidman saying a long time ago before he was the champion, that he got his testosterone levels tested, and they were low. The doctor let him look at the legal limit for TRT users and it was much higher than the average of a young man.

So when people say TRT just takes your testosterone to normal levels, they don't realise that the normal level for TRT is way beyond that of a natural man.

This is really whats dodgy about TRT, the limates should be much lower than they are.

Exactly. The limits for Testosterone are very high to account for the very few who actually do have legit natural high testosterone. The reality is that vast majority of people, even athletes aren't even close to the Commission limits naturally.

So guys on TRT, even if they actually stayed in the allowed range during their entire camp (which is doubtful), they would still likely have a much higher testosterone level than most fighters...sometimes 2x to 3x higher.

What are the Commission limits?

What are the Commission limits?
Isn't it 6:1 or something like that. The majority of men have a ratio of 1:1

Most men have a ratio of T to E of 1:1, which means normal men have equal amounts of T and E in their blood. There is some normal ethnic and time of day variation in the normal T/E ratio (as low as 0.7:1 and as high as 1.3:1).

Statistics reveal that a ratio of up to 3.7:1 will capture 95 percent of all normal men, and a ratio of up to 5:1 will capture greater than 99 percent of all men. That’s why the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) allows up to 4:1 (so its test is at least 95 percent accurate) and the Nevada State Athletic Commission, the NCAA and some others allow up to 6:1 (for 99 percent accuracy). The whole goal is to not label someone a cheater when he or she isn’t. (Very, very rarely, some people are just freakishly high, but they have a ratio of less than 6:1).

Back