Weidman says he has low testosterone,challenges Vitor to compare testosterone levels

NYmmamafia

Blue Belt
Reaction score
source http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/1/6/5274774/the-mma-hour-with-chris-weidman-tarec-saffiedine-matt-serra-luke

Yesterday Weidman spoke out on the MMA hour show with Ariel about why he is against TRT.
He said , he himself has low testosterone and did not agree with what guys like Vitor do.
He also confirmed he has low testosterone and challenged Vitor to compare their testosterone levels to see how much higher Vitors testosterone would be then his since he already has low testosterone and refuses to take TRT.

Wish more guys were like Weidman and not choose to take the easy way out , Weidman has low testosterone and Im sure can be granted a trt exemption like all these other guys but refuses to go on that stuff and use hard work in the gym instead of TRT to compeate. He goes the clean way and does not take any short cuts even with low testosterone levels.

That's like Hector Lombard challenging Weidman to a weight (or height) comparison to discredit Weiman being a large MW.

Weidman already accepted the fight; UFC already booked the fight; athletic commission will make it all legal, and pre- and post- fight drug tests will make the final verdict.

I remember Weidman saying a long time ago before he was the champion, that he got his testosterone levels tested, and they were low. The doctor let him look at the legal limit for TRT users and it was much higher than the average of a young man.

So when people say TRT just takes your testosterone to normal levels, they don't realise that the normal level for TRT is way beyond that of a natural man.

There's a surprising amount of MMA fighters who are in great physical condition that claims that they have low testosterone.

I remember Weidman saying a long time ago before he was the champion, that he got his testosterone levels tested, and they were low. The doctor let him look at the legal limit for TRT users and it was much higher than the average of a young man.

So when people say TRT just takes your testosterone to normal levels, they don't realise that the normal level for TRT is way beyond that of a natural human.

Exactly. The limits for Testosterone are very high to account for the very few who actually do have legit natural high testosterone. The reality is that vast majority of people, even athletes aren't even close to the Commission limits naturally.

So guys on TRT, even if they actually stayed in the allowed range during their entire camp (which is doubtful), they would still likely have a much higher testosterone level than most fighters...sometimes 2x to 3x higher.

If he has low T and isn't using TRT then he is a fucking idiot. Absolutely zero respect for morons like that.
He just beat one of the top 3 goats twice now, he knows what he is doing.

Maybe this goes to show Rousey really could beat Barao. XD

Vitor will pass the drug test like usual, weidman should focus less on Vitors prescription and more on training.

There's a surprising amount of MMA fighters who are in great physical condition that claims that they have low testosterone.

Yes, something really doesn't make sense about this...
People with low testosterone shouldn't really look athletic and be all jacked up, should they?
I'm actually asking the question, not making an accusation. Doesn't make sense to me. Can the bodybuilders here provide some info?

Exactly. The limits for Testosterone are very high to account for the very few who actually do have legit natural high testosterone. The reality is that vast majority of people, even athletes aren't even close to the Commission limits naturally.

So guys on TRT, even if they actually stayed in the allowed range during their entire camp (which is doubtful), they would still likely have a much higher testosterone level than most fighters...sometimes 2x to 3x higher.

Exactly.

Vitor could very well have 3x more testosterone is his system than Weidman....that's frankly appalling.

Looking forward to months of hearing Vitor and Weidman talk about T levels constantly.

It'd be impossible to be nearly 210 shredded with low test people...use your brains

So when people say TRT just takes your testosterone to normal levels, they don't realise that the normal level for TRT is way beyond that of a natural man.

At least try to post some source to prove all this bullshit.

If he has low T and isn't using TRT then he is a fucking idiot. Absolutely zero respect for morons like that.

No you're the idiot. Everyone's T levels decline through life. If you are going to take TRT eventually, you should wait as long as possible because once you start then you have issues stopping. It makes your own body production decline, which is why most young guys that are on TRT had past T abuse which caused the need.

The fight is not fore five months or so, at least. I don't want this to become all-TRT all the time, but I applaud CW for pushing the TRT conversation early on.

Exactly.

Vitor could very well have 3x more testosterone is his system than Weidman....that's frankly appalling.

Frankly, I am apalled. Poor Chris, such an innocent kid, so naive...

Back