Weidman says he has low testosterone,challenges Vitor to compare testosterone levels

I don't believe at least the nevada comission mandates blood tests, which is why guys like chael and drysdale get popped for a high ratio rather than high blood levels. Also, Vitor pointed out that in Brazil (and not Nevada) the commission does blood tests when arguing that he already has undergone extensive monitoring. All TRT users (those with legit doc) do have blood tests of course, but they are not necessarily demanded by commissions, I believe

Or did Chael get popped in Cali? not sure..

Sonnen got popped in California, but he also didn't have a TUE at the time, that was the whole thing. He was 17:1, then said he was on TRT and that was kind of the start of the great debate.

If you look at Zephid's post, he links to a recent interview with Kizer talking about blood tests and the levels they are looking for. Kizer confirmed as far back as before Silva/Sonnen 2 that NSAC would be doing blood tests for the actual t levels (total, free and whatever other science stuff I don't understand).

Edit: This:

The only thing I've found is an interview in which Kizer says that they expects fighters who are on TRT to be in the 600's at best. But I can't find any information if they allow for more than that or not.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/12/...iculty-in-getting-a-trt-tue-discusses-testing

But the problem is that without testing between fights there is no way of knowing if they stick to that "rule" when they are not being tested. Right now there is nothing stopping someone from injecting testosterone between fights as long as they make sure to get down to "normal" levels for the prefight test.

Low t is below 310...if you wake up with a hard on and have sex youre fine...if Weidman had low t he wouldn't be able to train the way he does.

Sonnen got popped in California, but he also didn't have a TUE at the time, that was the whole thing. He was 17:1, then said he was on TRT and that was kind of the start of the great debate.

If you look at Zephoid's post, he links to a recent interview with Kizer talking about blood tests and the levels they are looking for. Kizer confirmed as far back as before Silva/Sonnen 2 that NSAC would be doing blood tests for the actual t levels (total, free and whatever other science stuff I don't understand).

Ok cool, so that is a good first step, doing actual blood testing. But how often, is it only at fight time? If so, a fighter could juice all camp, and if using a short ester like test prop, could simply discontinue use two days before the fight, and would test "normal." Like we both agreed earlier, there needs to be a hard cap where a TRT user should only be allowed to supplement just into the low end of the normal range, and no higher. Also, blood tests need to be drawn at least every two weeks year round, and long esters of testosterone should be mandated.

Ok cool, so that is a good first step, doing actual blood testing. But how often, is it only at fight time? If so, a fighter could juice all camp, and if using a short ester like test prop, could simply discontinue use two days before the fight, and would test "normal." Like we both agreed earlier, there needs to be a hard cap where a TRT user should only be allowed to supplement just into the low end of the normal range, and no higher. Also, blood tests need to be drawn at least every two weeks year round, and long esters of testosterone should be mandated.

Yeah, I'm with you completely. It seems like the Commission said "OK" to TRT before it had a plan in place, and is just now trying to get caught and enact rules.

Weidman is worried about facing Vitor and already making excuses on why he'll lose... Lol "he had more testosterone than me" "he has a better head kick than me" "he punches harder than me" "well he didn't put his hands down for me or break his leg for me"

The last thing we need is another crybaby making excuses when they lose. If that's not what Weidman is doing by him claiming that he (Weidman) has low testosterone, then please tell us what he IS doing.

I'd just like a little more transparency into how it works.

That is the problem. If testing, limits and the commission rules were out there for all th see I think people would feel a lot better about TRT. However they are not and people are right to be skeptical.

Weidman already engaging in preemptive damage control for when Vitor destroys him.

The wide man is sounding scared, he should spend less time complaining and enjoy the life of a champion before Vitor takes it from him.

The last thing we need is another crybaby making excuses when they lose. If that's not what Weidman is doing by him claiming that he (Weidman) has low testosterone, then please tell us what he IS doing.

Mind showing us this imaginary loss he has, smart guy?

How can he be making excuses for his losses he doesn't have.

Question is, what are all the Shertards going to do if Weidman defeats Vitor?

Was he making excuses for his future win?

Shertards gonna shertard.

"Weidman is scared of Vitor" while Vitor is taking something, to make him feel like he can compete at a top level. I love shertard logic.

Actually, I just realized it's just a bunch of butthurt crybaby Silva fanboys, hoping Vitor gets their revenge for big meany Chris defeating their hero, twice!

You guys should go back to making threads about how lucky Weidman is with his 1 finish via KO and another via TKO over the guy he supposedly had "0% chance of beating"

Last edited:
That's like Hector Lombard challenging Weidman to a weight (or height) comparison to discredit Weiman being a large MW.

Weidman already accepted the fight; UFC already booked the fight; athletic commission will make it all legal, and pre- and post- fight drug tests will make the final verdict.

Not the same at all.

If guys got medical exemptions for stilts or something ridiculous then maybe that would be the case but as it stands it's a pretty terrible analogy.

He is pointing out how stupid it is that people with low testosterone are allowed to elevate their testosterone levels to above average levels. While people who are low but still within the normal range is not allowed to use TRT.

Fighter A have 350 ng/dL which means that he is not allowed to get TRT because he is still within what is considered "normal" levels (300-1100 ng/dL).
Fighter B have 250 ng/dL which means that he is allowed to elevate his testosterone level to ~600-700 ng/dL.

Last edited:
Weidman should stop talking, he sounds scared of TRT Vitor... and when Weidman is old he'll be looking to TRT for a legal advantage too so... Get over it and fight the man.

Mind showing us this imaginary loss he has, smart guy?

How can he be making excuses for his losses he doesn't have.

Question is, what are all the Shertards going to do if Weidman defeats Vitor?

Was he making excuses for his future win?

Shertards gonna shertard.

"Weidman is scared of Vitor" while Vitor is taking something, to make him feel like he can compete at a top level. I love shertard logic.

If you can't understand that I'm saying Weidman is making excuses in advance, then I can't help you. Keep hugging Weidman's nuts, even though he has a grand total of 11 pro fights under his belt and was gifted the belt, and retained it through a freak accident.

The Weidman hype wagon started my dislike of him (no fault of his), but him pulling this whining "but he uses TRT!!" card in advance showed his true colors. Fight the guy and stop bitching, Weidman. And accept the loss like a man when you get smoked

That's like Hector Lombard challenging Weidman to a weight (or height) comparison to discredit Weiman being a large MW.

Weidman already accepted the fight; UFC already booked the fight; athletic commission will make it all legal, and pre- and post- fight drug tests will make the final verdict.

^This, also sounds like a bit of a ploy to mess with vitors head, and maybe the off chance that he accepts

If you can't understand that I'm saying Weidman is making excuses in advance, then I can't help you. Keep hugging Weidman's nuts, even though he has a grand total of 11 pro fights under his belt and was gifted the belt, and retained it through a freak accident.

The Weidman hype wagon started my dislike of him (no fault of his), but him pulling this whining "but he uses TRT!!" card in advance showed his true colors. Fight the guy and stop bitching, Weidman. And accept the loss like a man when you get smoked

Again, you are acting like it's a certainty Weidman will lose.

I am sure you said the same about your mancrush Anderson Silva, before Weidman put him to sleep. He then broke his leg in the 2nd fight.

I expect him to beat Vitor, too and the little babies will say "Machida by murder". "can't wait til Machida smokes this guy so Anderson can be 1-2 with him".

Lol you guys are too much.

Making this fight about T-levels, steroids is not the way to try and sell it to the general public boys. If Vitor has medical clearance he has it. If he doesn't, demand random testing and then shut up about it.

Complaining about past steroid abuse and low T-levels and all that mess isn't going to win new fans or support for the fight.

its obvious him and his camp are worried

Weidman needs to stop whining and get in the ring and fight Belfort. Weidman is also a 29 yearold guy and Vitor is over 35, I think it would be easy for a 29 yearold to talk about not being on TRT.

He already signed to fight Vitor knowing vitor was on TRT. Jones fought TRT vitor and so did countless other fighters who fought Vitor and made no cries about his TRT use.

I don't understand the "he needs to get in the ring and fight". I think he's been doing that and don't see him saying he won't.

I also don't think it's whining. I think he has some agenda w/ it. What exactly I don't know, get into Vitor's head, posturing for better monitoring, not sure. Weidman doesn't strike me as the whining type.

I also don't agree w/ all his views on TRT but they're very consisitent w/ a lot of other peoples.

Vitor has placed himself in a position where it's very easy for him to be scrutinized w/ his past history of getting busted, admitted TRT use and not fighting in the US. Nothing solid that says he's abusing right now but it's sketchy.

I like Vitor and think this will be a great fight. Looking forward to it.

Back