Warhammer 40k

I like Games Workshop's new PR strategy. Feels very modern and customer friendly compared to just a couple of years ago.
The new CEO is really doing a lot to market the product before release and not piss off the fan base.

Still salty over the AOS rules though.

The new CEO is really doing a lot to market the product before release and not piss off the fan base.

Still salty over the AOS rules though.

Yeah, Age of Sigmar is... shall we say, an odd reimagining. Not having played WHFB for a number of years, I'm more perplexed by the fluff than the crunch, but I can see how the new rules would alienate a lot of old players.
On the topic of AOS: Kind of surprises me how the Total War games still use the old setting- I figured GW would be adamant about being consistent across all mediums.
I haven't exactly looked into the whys, but I imagine that either the game developers thought AOS was to much of a clusterf*ck to build a game around, or they are building up to some sort of End Times-type game/expansion down the line.

Yeah, Age of Sigmar is... shall we say, an odd reimagining. Not having played WHFB for a number of years, I'm more perplexed by the fluff than the crunch, but I can see how the new rules would alienate a lot of old players.
On the topic of AOS: Kind of surprises me how the Total War games still use the old setting- I figured GW would be adamant about being consistent across all mediums.
I haven't exactly looked into the whys, but I imagine that either the game developers thought AOS was to much of a clusterf*ck to build a game around, or they are building up to some sort of End Times-type game/expansion down the line.
WHFB equates very well to TW's game system. AOS is a better for Myth's system.

Also TW:WH was started before AOS was released.

I miss having a supported large block infantry war game.

Plastic sisters coming in 2019. Will probably get them. More CSM coming before though, I think the Black Legion/Space Wolves rumour is legit.

Adepticon reveals are out [LINK].

AdepticonPreview-Mar22-Deepkin1gfdwcs.jpg
AdepticonPreview-Mar22-Deepkin2jvdc.jpg
AdepticonPreview-Mar22-Deepkin3kvdkig.jpg
AdepticonPreview-Mar22-Deepkin4kvcdjgs.jpg

Got a good lol out of this, I'm sure y'all can relate:
cePMMZA.jpg

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good audio book? I'm getting laser eye surgery this week and won't be able to see for awhile. Any 40k stuff!

Also, are there any books about the fall of Cadia, and Dark Imperium stuff?

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good audio book? I'm getting laser eye surgery this week and won't be able to see for awhile. Any 40k stuff!

@GhostZ06 knows a lot about the audio books, he should be able to give you some good info.

Helsreach for pure 40k battle goodness.

The Eisenhorn trilogy is my favourite, less straight action, hardly any space marines, more like a sci fi spy/detective thing. Still some satisfying violence though, it is 40k after all.

I have 2 large armies (ultramarines and tyranids), my UM army is fully painted, but I have only managed to play once.

Helsreach for pure 40k battle goodness.

The Eisenhorn trilogy is my favourite, less straight action, hardly any space marines, more like a sci fi spy/detective thing. Still some satisfying violence though, it is 40k after all.
It's actually a quadrilogy now. I saw the new book Magos at a Barnes and Noble and bought it then ordered the trilogy. It's good so far reminds me of Blade Runner but with more action of course. I was 11 books deep into the Horus Heresy books and getting ready to start Thousand Sons but took a detour on Eisenhorn.

Outer dark out now
New book for t he charcharadons (space sharkks) possibly one if the moat interesting chapters

Spoliers dropped hint they interact with the old ashen claws chapter!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back