Warhammer 40k

I love the 40k universe/lore. I love fantasy settings, but sci-fi is my thing, so 40k is such an incredible merging of the two. I never got into the figures/tabletop, just seemed like an endless addiction/cashcow I couldn't satiate if i got myself into it, but the games... Oh there are some good ones.

I the love the Dawn of War series, Space Marine, and the coop Xbox arcade one was great fun, but I've always wanted a deep RPG.

Has the 40k open world ARPG coming out been discussed yet? Seems like a dream come true.

i'm really surprised that there hasn't been a movie from this. I wish Netflix would make a series on it, there's so much content.

A series could be awesome, but $$$$. Doing 40k justice in live action would be suuuuuper expensive unless you went really small scale and did something like Necromunda that wouldn't need as much cgi or prosthetics.

A series could be awesome, but $$$$. Doing 40k justice in live action would be suuuuuper expensive unless you went really small scale and did something like Necromunda that wouldn't need as much cgi or prosthetics.
Yeah, it would be a big investment, hopefully someone like Peter Jackson comes along and puts a great sequential piece together (Trilogy/series). I'm sure it would sell well in China, they love the Transformers/Pacific Rim.

Has anyone read the new Gaunts Ghosts book?

Yeah, it would be a big investment, hopefully someone like Peter Jackson comes along and puts a great sequential piece together (Trilogy/series). I'm sure it would sell well in China, they love the Transformers/Pacific Rim.

It still amazes me that this was a fan project

The affordability has certainly gone way down. But the above resin model is without a doubt a superior looking version of the original design:
LandSpeeder-RT1.jpg

So the question is really, do you think the improvement is worth the coin?

Here's a great example, how the Bloodthirster has evolved over the years:
690101_sm-Bloodthirster%2C%20Very%20Old%20Bloodthirster.JPG

trick7.JPG

Bad%2BBloodthirster.jpg

99129915024_DaemonsofKhorneBloodThirster02.jpg
If you think that progression is really going backwards then I don't know what to say.
That first model is a hero quest demon. It wasn't ever a warhammer model.

But yeah, the new greater daemons are pretty Damn cool.

40k has pretty much already had a movie that had Imperial guard vs Tyranids. It was called "star ship troopers".

Oh yeah, HeroQuest....gargoyle.

Technically it was a gargoyle, but it was still the progenitor of the design so I included him anyways. I don't remember where I read it but I had heard that it was originally supposed to be a daemon but it was changed because MB didn't want to include something that could be construed as satanic (it was, after all, the same time period that the religious nutters were going apoplectic over DnD).

Technically it was a gargoyle, but it was still the progenitor of the design so I included him anyways. I don't remember where I read it but I had heard that it was originally supposed to be a daemon but it was changed because MB didn't want to include something that could be construed as satanic (it was, after all, the same time period that the religious nutters were going apoplectic over DnD).
Sorry, my hero quest box has been replaced by a plastic one for quite some time. Didn't remember it was a gargoyle.

More pics from the weekender are coming out. I suspect GW will do another summary post later in the day, but here's one of my favorite shots we've seen so far (dunno who took it, might be from Battle Bunnies):
%255BUNSET%255D
Yup, that's a cyber mastiff!

EDIT: The community site updated with a few new pics [LINK]
SquatMini-Feb03-Content24Ado.jpg
SlagmystMini-Feb03-Content23Agf.jpg
OrlockBossWithDog-Feb03-Content28sf.jpg

Last edited:
Not 40k, but this new AoS centerpiece (Morathi) gives me great confidence that any eventual plastic Fulgrim will be bitchin'

Not 40k, but this new AoS centerpiece (Morathi) gives me great confidence that any eventual plastic Fulgrim will be bitchin'
AOS has great models but fuck them for turning fantasy into that bullshit game

You beat me to it. Saw this model on GWs website like 30 seconds ago, and figured I'd post a picture of it here.
Anyways, pretty sweet miniature imo. Not over-adorned to hell and back like some other stuff they've released recently.

I like Games Workshop's new PR strategy. Feels very modern and customer friendly compared to just a couple of years ago.

Hope the World Eaters rumour is true, shit I'll probably get the Black Legion one too. Need something once I've finished my Dark Angels.

Back