Warhammer 40k

Well I'm super late to this thread but I'm definitely a big Warhammer 40k fanboy. My favorite race is the Chaos Space Marines (my favorite chapter being the Thousand Sons). I like the Thousand Sons since they're basically sorcerers that're Space Marines as well (well the chapter mostly consists of Librarians at least), plus the Emperor screwed them over at the Council of Nikkea too & they were never really a "traitor" chapter anyway.

That said, I'm mostly a fan of the lore & novels. I don't plan on playing the table-top game since it's expensive & looks boring.

I don't understand why Games Workshop doesn't try to make a live-action 40k tv show or film. I believe from a story-telling standpoint, 40k is vastly superior to Star Wars. I mean, unlike Star Wars there's multiple races one can side with & tell expansive stories around as well as the fact that there aren't really any "good guys" in the 40k universe either. I fell like 40k could become more popular if GW were to branch out & try to create a 40k tv show or film, it'll never be as popular as Star Wars that's for sure but it could become Game of Thrones popular IMO.

This article explains, IMO, why the 40k lore is so appealing

https://www.blackgate.com/2016/04/0...ood-sandbox-four-rules-from-the-40k-universe/

Somebody on Dakka did a cool "repaint":
896174-Mortarion%20scheme%20tweak%20-.jpg

I don't understand why Games Workshop doesn't try to make a live-action 40k tv show or film.
Because if they make pg 13 film they will lose all the hardcore fans, and if they make a proper film with R rating, which will accurately depict the Imperium, they would loose a lot of money and probably get sued along the way. You see, in 40K all SJW's are servitorised for the better of Humanity, and the slogan "suffer not the xenos to live" doesn't go with modern western society.

Because if they make pg 13 film they will lose all the hardcore fans, and if they make a proper film with R rating, which will accurately depict the Imperium, they would loose a lot of money and probably get sued along the way. You see, in 40K all SJW's are servitorised for the better of Humanity, and the slogan "suffer not the xenos to live" doesn't go with modern western society.

sjw tried to get into 40k community and got pushed out so fucking fast.

his model sucks man, what was wrong with grim reaper mortarian
It is far too generic an image. This is his epic model:
376px-MortarionEpic.jpg

That could come from virtually any gaming system.

And besides, this is later GW artwork for deamon Mortarion which, other than the different wing style is a strong match for the final model:
mortarion.jpg

376px-MortarionEpic.jpg

And besides, this is later GW artwork for deamon Mortarion which, other than the different wing style is a strong match for the final model:
mortarion.jpg
The later one is still old as fuck, it's Blanche's work I think

The later one is still old as fuck, it's Blanche's work I think
I believe it is, I found it when I did a search for "daemon mortarion blanche" but the style is a bit different than a lot of his other primarch images so I didn't want to mistakenly attribute it to him.

376px-MortarionEpic.jpg

mortarion.jpg

its better then the ultimate sewage covered primearch

Personally, I don't like the Mortarion miniature simply due to the fact that it doesn't look at all the way I've visualized him. My Mortarion is tall, gaunt and not a human fly.

Besides that (which really isn't a criticism), I do think the model is terribly overwrought. There's so much bling and gubbins on him the overall impression is ground beef. There's nowhere to rest the eyes, and no details that stands out.

And the paint job looks horrible. Like some old TMNT action figure. I've seen some elitists on Dakkadakka shut this argument down saying basically that anyone who dislikes the paint job isn't a professional painter. But eye of the beholder and all that - I think it looks garish and too much on the bright side in the picture.

With a different paint job, it might look much better (I think it would). And miniatures tend to look very different in real life compared to pictures. Maybe I'd find Mortarion McFly a great miniature if I were to buy a miniature.

Edit: Just noticed post #719 itt. That does indeed look much better.

Last edited:
Personally, I don't like the Mortarion miniature simply due to the fact that it doesn't look at all the way I've visualized him. My Mortarion is tall, gaunt and not a human fly.

Besides that (which really isn't a criticism), I do think the model is terribly overwrought. There's so much bling and gubbins on him the overall impression is ground beef. There's nowhere to rest the eyes, and no details that stands out.

And the paint job looks horrible. Like some old TMNT action figure. I've seen some elitists on Dakkadakka shut this argument down saying basically that anyone who dislikes the paint job isn't a professional painter. But eye of the beholder and all that - I think it looks garish and too much on the bright side in the picture.

With a different paint job, it might look much better (I think it would). And miniatures tend to look very different in real life compared to pictures. Maybe I'd find Mortarion McFly a great miniature if I were to buy a miniature.
Agreed. Paint job is done well technically, but the choise of colors and overall style are bad

Mortarion's alright. He has nice 3-Dimensionality.

Vid with the bit of rotation

Everything nurgle now meeds to be grosss apparemtly
I didn't like grim reaper model. Honestly I don't like any of apocalypse models. I do not think new Mortarion is gross, he doesnt have hirdes of maggots spewing from his belly or something.

I didn't like grim reaper model. Honestly I don't like any of apocalypse models. I do not think new Mortarion is gross, he doesnt have hirdes of maggots spewing from his belly or something.
Yeah motarion has always been a grim mofo and id say if should remain so not this moth thing

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back