Warhammer 40k

That would be a good choice the most "human" primarch. The other two likely choices are probably Corax and Russ, as they both disappeared without a definite ending. The khan had a similar ending disappearing into the web way but he is much less popular than any of the other primarchs i doubt he would be brought back before the others. There is always The lion resting in the shadows of the rock, waiting to be resurrected. There are rumors that Dorn is not dead but instead he faked his death so that is always there.

Who is 100% dead?

Horus
Conrad Curze

Ferrus Mannus
Sanguinis

Everyone else has a question mark over them?

When nid hives come in contact they will often fight it out and the winner will take the best aspects of both hives. The fluff says these kind of encounters are biomass neutral (because GW doesn't understand conservation of energy) and serve to strengthen the species as a whole. Pretty sure it's been a minor part of the background fluff for quite a while.

i wonder whats gonna happen with that. Arent the deathwatch currently fucking them up

so its hydra attacking other fleets?
That looks to be a new piece of fluff, a new hive hoovering up remnant/splinter fleets. They're likely setting it up for more info, possibly new units, for whenever the new codex comes out.

Who is 100% dead?

Horus
Conrad Curze

Ferrus Mannus
Sanguinis

Everyone else has a question mark over them?
Yes this list seems right,
Although there is also a question mark over Curze,however a small one. Right before the callidus assassin killed him the vid feed cut out. While in the night lord novels it goes into depth mentioning how the callidus assassin ran away with Curze's head and it had the rich smell of primarchs blood. Also the fact that Curze hated everything including being alive. Those make it a long shot that Curze is still kicking it, who knows though maybe Vulkan kidnapped him and is returning the favor

Yes this list seems right,
Although there is also a question mark over Curze,however a small one. Right before the callidus assassin killed him the vid feed cut out. While in the night lord novels it goes into depth mentioning how the callidus assassin ran away with Curze's head and it had the rich smell of primarchs blood. Also the fact that Curze hated everything including being alive. Those make it a long shot that Curze is still kicking it, who knows though maybe Vulkan kidnapped him and is returning the favor
Curze prophesied his own death, as well as Sanguinius's

Curze prophesied his own death, as well as Sanguinius's
Yes but his prophecies have been wrong or misconstrued( Malek of the atramentar advised Talos of this) and his last one is almost instantly twisted in a different direction mainly that he envisioned his death as vindicative symbol to the emperor himself inst ad it was just the death of a maddened warlord ruling a band of horrendous murders pillaging the eastern fringe.
Plus it is hard to discount the symbolism of the video cutting out before he got his head cut off. There is always room for something more to be expanded on that, or just forgotten about.

Yes but his prophecies have been wrong or misconstrued( Malek of the atramentar advised Talos of this) and his last one is almost instantly twisted in a different direction mainly that he envisioned his death as vindicative symbol to the emperor himself inst ad it was just the death of a maddened warlord ruling a band of horrendous murders pillaging the eastern fringe.
Plus it is hard to discount the symbolism of the video cutting out before he got his head cut off. There is always room for something more to be expanded on that, or just forgotten about.
Curze wanted it though

Agreed its taken what should be a terrifying weapon of conquest and broke it into a slowly fading picket fence...now admitedly no one can argue it hasnt worked
No huge civil war even remotely on horus scale and inperium is standing

Breaking up the legions is what kept the imperium going. By doing do you ensured that no one man could control enough of the astartes to start a galaxy breaking heresy. The entire imperial system was set up in a cellular manner to ensure that rebellion could be contained and to keep ambitious factions balanced against one another.

There is precedent for this in real life. The british and commonwealth militaries did not have a proper established army for much of their histories. Instead they raised individual regiments, each with thier own training and supply depots and traditions. In times of war, these regiments would be brought under unified command as needed. This system made it very difficult for ambitious officers to launch coups.

Curze wanted it though
Yes… that is something I mentioned in both of my posts you replied to. Which is also why I said it was only a small chance and added some reasons for why it might be possible not a definite he's alive he is just a question mark. Also one of the reasons I am arguing for it, is because Night Lords are my favorite piece of fluff.
Just some more circumstantial evidence. Kurze towards the end was so unstable from his "gift" (more like curse) that he denigrated to a walking corpse that didn't recognize his closest sons and couldn't even remember that his favored son Sevatar was already deceased. Also a fitting punishment for Kurze would be keeping him alive because he yearned for death so much.

I got Total War Warhammer a few days ago. Dont know anything about the lore, but the game might be my favorite Total War yet, even more than Rome 2 or Shogun 2.

I got Total War Warhammer a few days ago. Dont know anything about the lore, but the game might be my favorite Total War yet, even more than Rome 2 or Shogun 2.
Interesting, shogun 2 is a great game. Is the gameplay that much better? Because I am even in the nerd love for samurai vs war hammer fiction

Interesting, shogun 2 is a great game. Is the gameplay that much better? Because I am even in the nerd love for samurai vs war hammer fiction

I dont know, it's just different. I've heard people say Total War has just a few unit archetypes. Guys with pole/spikes/halberd, cavalry, sword guys, and archers. While I disagree for the most part, Warhammer seems to have a bit more unit variety. Some groups have mages, who cant destroy an entire amry's morale in a moment. Some have griffins that swoop down and wreak havoc on land units. Elven groups have Eagle archers.

It just seems that with flying units, the variety ups a good deal, and tactics have to be more varied. In Shogun 2 I would get a shitload of bow samurai, and if I was besieging a town, or getting besieged, that archers would slaughter. In Rome 2, Cavalry gives you a huge edge. In this, I tried laying siege to a castle with a ton of archers, and the enemy nailed my archers with something that made them fearful, and then swooped griffins down to wreak more havoc. I lost like 10 units within 5 seconds. It was crazy.

I dont know, it's just different. I've heard people say Total War has just a few unit archetypes. Guys with pole/spikes/halberd, cavalry, sword guys, and archers. While I disagree for the most part, Warhammer seems to have a bit more unit variety. Some groups have mages, who cant destroy an entire amry's morale in a moment. Some have griffins that swoop down and wreak havoc on land units. Elven groups have Eagle archers.

It just seems that with flying units, the variety ups a good deal, and tactics have to be more varied. In Shogun 2 I would get a shitload of bow samurai, and if I was besieging a town, or getting besieged, that archers would slaughter. In Rome 2, Cavalry gives you a huge edge. In this, I tried laying siege to a castle with a ton of archers, and the enemy nailed my archers with something that made them fearful, and then swooped griffins down to wreak more havoc. I lost like 10 units within 5 seconds. It was crazy.
Interesting I might have to buy that.

Breaking up the legions is what kept the imperium going. By doing do you ensured that no one man could control enough of the astartes to start a galaxy breaking heresy. The entire imperial system was set up in a cellular manner to ensure that rebellion could be contained and to keep ambitious factions balanced against one another.

There is precedent for this in real life. The british and commonwealth militaries did not have a proper established army for much of their histories. Instead they raised individual regiments, each with thier own training and supply depots and traditions. In times of war, these regiments would be brought under unified command as needed. This system made it very difficult for ambitious officers to launch coups.
It worked no one is questioning it
But now as the imperium groans under the thousand cuts death of soooo many enemies and with an actual primarch back it makes sense to rethink it

Interesting I might have to buy that.

You might want to wait a couple of months, and see reviews on Total War Warhammer 2. I'm pretty sure it releases in like a month or two, something I did not know, lol.

You might want to wait a couple of months, and see reviews on Total War Warhammer 2. I'm pretty sure it releases in like a month or two, something I did not know, lol.
Always good advice especially when you factor in steam sales

Bump for the tau who are totaly conqering for your benefit...nothing sinister here...we swear!

Back