Warhammer 40k

According to Eldrad Ulthran in M32, the Cabal no longer exists and their path to defeat Chaos had failed.

interesting

Turns out that new Thunderhawk...it ain't plastic. New post on the community site showing off a preproduction test:

Sure, it looks fine and is aesthetically more in line with newer designs... But it's resin so it'll probably still run ~$500 which is a big "fuck that noise" for me.
Aaaaand it's up for preorder. Comes in at a whopping 450GBP or about $570. lololololololol, go home GW, you're drunk. I would have given serious consideration to a thunderhawk that was below the $250 threshold (and sub $200 would have been an auto-buy), but for close to $600? I'll reiterate: fuck that noise.

Had 3 games of 8th edition over the weekend with my Space Wolves. It was good, I enjoyed it. Melee is fucking brutal now, my Terminators were doing serious work.

I'm going ahead with my IK armor design. I contacted a professional printing company and am having them make me a high-quality master to make molds with.

i see the choas god are currently having massive infighting

i see the choas god are currently having massive infighting
-Yep as well theres choas corrupted eldar now
But the chaos war seems like it could be a huge plot point..iv always wanted the ork gods to break into the immaterium too :)

- new tyranid fleet attacking other tyranid fleets (thus giving fluff reasom for tyranid on tyranid violence for the game)

-technicaly we are roughly in 40k.1 now as the primaris marine crusade was 100 years of hard fighting
Guilliman gonna try and get history recording fixed and the time accurate again....hes such a precise guy not knowing the real date must be killing him lol

-writer of the carcaradons novel (such a fucking cool chapter) says the space sharks arent getting any new primaris but are aware of all guillimans doing and have access to tech to upgrade existing sharks !

-still no word from tyranid vs ork war...soo want gazgull to emerge victorious and have evolved into a ' the beast' level ork with the orks back to that level of threat!

-Yep as well theres choas corrupted eldar now
But the chaos war seems like it could be a huge plot point..iv always wanted the ork gods to break into the immaterium too :)

- new tyranid fleet attacking other tyranid fleets (thus giving fluff reasom for tyranid on tyranid violence for the game)

-technicaly we are roughly in 40k.1 now as the primaris marine crusade was 100 years of hard fighting
Guilliman gonna try and get history recording fixed and the time accurate again....hes such a precise guy not knowing the real date must be killing him lol

-writer of the carcaradons novel (such a fucking cool chapter) says the space sharks arent getting any new primaris but are aware of all guillimans doing and have access to tech to upgrade existing sharks !

-still no word from tyranid vs ork war...soo want gazgull to emerge victorious and have evolved into a ' the beast' level ork with the orks back to that level of threat!

and space sharks still have 30k tech dont they?

and space sharks still have 30k tech dont they?
Yep a mix i think ..they come back to known spacd for ammo and repairs after long periods etc (grey tithe) so they have a lot of old stuff and new.

Also someone noted in the dark imperium guilliman knows hes got psyker powers as most primarchs do but holds back due to reluctance (nikea and what happened magnus)
Given hes got the emperors sword it could be a deus ex machina used to get outta a tight spot

Itl be interesting to see if he starts to buckle running imperium...if he seeks out his loyal brothers

Yep a mix i think ..they come back to known spacd for ammo and repairs after long periods etc (grey tithe) so they have a lot of old stuff and new.

Also someone noted in the dark imperium guilliman knows hes got psyker powers as most primarchs do but holds back due to reluctance (nikea and what happened magnus)
Given hes got the emperors sword it could be a deus ex machina used to get outta a tight spot

Itl be interesting to see if he starts to buckle running imperium...if he seeks out his loyal brothers

you talking about primarche hunting? i bet he'd Get Vulkan first..

Yeah personally i wonder what girlyman is gonna do with inquisition since he appears to find them a bunch of fucking idiots

Yeah personally i wonder what girlyman is gonna do with inquisition since he appears to find them a bunch of fucking idiots
That would be a good choice the most "human" primarch. The other two likely choices are probably Corax and Russ, as they both disappeared without a definite ending. The khan had a similar ending disappearing into the web way but he is much less popular than any of the other primarchs i doubt he would be brought back before the others. There is always The lion resting in the shadows of the rock, waiting to be resurrected. There are rumors that Dorn is not dead but instead he faked his death so that is always there.

That would be a good choice the most "human" primarch. The other two likely choices are probably Corax and Russ, as they both disappeared without a definite ending. The khan had a similar ending disappearing into the web way but he is much less popular than any of the other primarchs i doubt he would be brought back before the others. There is always The lion resting in the shadows of the rock, waiting to be resurrected. There are rumors that Dorn is not dead but instead he faked his death so that is always there.

they also need to allow legion building which is one thing im mad at that they didnt allow

they also need to allow legion building which is one thing im mad at that they didnt allow
Primarchs return rebuild the legions with primarus marines and flush out the shadowy coves the Galaxy would be cool

Khan seems a good shout seeing as he last went looking for eldar...might be some of the ynarri converts guillimans pals with now know of his location
3 of the rumoured places arr either he was
A) overwhelmed by dark eldar and is now an unbeaten gladiator
B) captured han solo style by trayzn aka the necron god of trolling
C) hes the final most dangerous guardian of the libary within the webway

Or russ could return (the wolves could really use him)
The lion walking up now cypherbus caught on terra and close to emerpor with that sword

The mysterious corax just returning.
Or vulkan comming backnfrom wherever...sick of waiting for the salamanders to work out the clues he left them to find all his masterpiece devices

Yeah the inquisition seems a mixed lot...girlyman will probbhave to tolerate them as useful idiots...like he does the religious stuff

Agreed its taken what should be a terrifying weapon of conquest and broke it into a slowly fading picket fence...now admitedly no one can argue it hasnt worked
No huge civil war even remotely on horus scale and inperium is standing

But flipside legions would protect as a detterent and expand mankinds borders and resources !
The deathwatch lore says mankind and the watch is at a point where its getting overwhelmed by countless xenos encroacments , tiny mini empires and coalitons many of whom would never have dared to tangle withmankind before...reform the legions and set them loose and watcg them scurry back hoping not to be noticed!!

Agreed its taken what should be a terrifying weapon of conquest and broke it into a slowly fading picket fence...now admitedly no one can argue it hasnt worked
No huge civil war even remotely on horus scale and inperium is standing

But flipside legions would protect as a detterent and expand mankinds borders and resources !
The deathwatch lore says mankind and the watch is at a point where its getting overwhelmed by countless xenos encroacments , tiny mini empires and coalitons many of whom would never have dared to tangle withmankind before...reform the legions and set them loose and watcg them scurry back hoping not to be noticed!!

yeah, but there are still places that could use a bit of conquest. And im sorry the 1000 marine bullshit needs to go.

I haven't had a chance to play any games but I did leaf through some of the unit rules. My first impression is that Tau got fairly well gutted. They don't have any of the interesting vehicle upgrades anymore. Markerlights are so downgraded as to be almost pointless. Related to markerlights is how seeker missiles have very little utility anymore (and therefore the skyray is poo). Suits no longer have jump-shoot-jump and just get the FLY keyword (which doesn't add anything to their play style and removes tactical options).

The little thing that really annoys me, though, is that Tau plasma rifles are now crap. It used to be that the imperial vs tau plasma was a trade-off: tau was S6 but didn't overheat while imperial was S7 and had a chance to fry the user. Now they changed imperial plasma to be strictly better: it is S7 with no overheat and an alternate overcharge S8 with overheat for only two extra points. Showing, yet again, xenos can't have anything unique (the overcharging mechanic is ripped straight from Tau's Ion family of weapons).

yeah, but there are still places that could use a bit of conquest. And im sorry the 1000 marine bullshit needs to go.
Damn right sir
-Tau empire + shadowsuns part crying out for it (maybe have cawl look at that tau tech too)

-the hundred hundred teef...why the fuck hasnt a stealth exterminatus ship nuked that place from orbit before uber orks emerge

-necron warlords....entire chapters bleed to counter these fucks....a legion will remind them the galaxy is now ours

- a legion could take out a tyranid fleet at a time

Damn right sir
-Tau empire + shadowsuns part crying out for it (maybe have cawl look at that tau tech too)

-the hundred hundred teef...why the fuck hasnt a stealth exterminatus ship nuked that place from orbit before uber orks emerge

-necron warlords....entire chapters bleed to counter these fucks....a legion will remind them the galaxy is now ours

- a legion could take out a tyranid fleet at a time

shes dead...

and whats with this nids infighting?

shes dead...

and whats with this nids infighting?
When nid hives come in contact they will often fight it out and the winner will take the best aspects of both hives. The fluff says these kind of encounters are biomass neutral (because GW doesn't understand conservation of energy) and serve to strengthen the species as a whole. Pretty sure it's been a minor part of the background fluff for quite a while.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back