Usyk vs Gassiev SUPERFIGHT!

Who wins

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Screw Povetkin vs Joshua, book Usyk vs Joshua right now

LOL, I was saying exactly this to my father around round 11. I've been a big Usyk skeptic and called him amateurish often but daaamn I've changed my mind tonight. Tonight he was so on fire he would have outboxed every single boxer put in front of him. 31 years old and still evolving. A threat for anyone at HW definitely.

LOL, I was saying exactly this to my father around round 11. I've been a big Usyk skeptic and called him amateurish often but daaamn I've changed my mind tonight. Tonight he was so on fire he would have outboxed every single boxer put in front of him. 31 years old and still evolving. A threat for anyone at HW definitely.

He schools Joshua hard.

And I’m a HUGE Joshua fan.

Damn, my friends and I got back from the fight and none of us thought it would be this one-sided. So disheartening for Gassiev. But, Gassiev is still my boy! I hope he can return strongly. I had a gut feeling that Usyk would out-work him and literally just move around.

I am fans of both, but just wanted Gassiev to win.

Next fight I look forward to is with Dmitry Bivol!

That performance was a Mayweather cruiserweight kind of thing

You could have given Gassiev a round or two because he landed the odd hard shot here and there, but he got completely outboxed in every round....pretty much wow

He schools Joshua hard.

Joshua would look like a lost child in the ring with Usyk, I doubt he'd be able to hit him clean more than a few times. Wilder's sloppy ass on the other hand would not be able to hit Usyk clean even once, Usyk can take over HW easily if he wants.

He schools Joshua hard.

There was a thread made a while ago and I picked Joshua easily but man would have to re-think about it now. Imagine if Usyk wanted to be an asshole and refuse to stand static for even two seconds and just hit and move for 36 minutes non stop. It wouldn't be exciting definitely but he could make AJ look worse than Valuev LOL.

You could have given Gassiev a round or two because he landed the odd hard shot here and there, but he got completely outboxed in every round....pretty much wow
Commentators i had were comparing him to Lomachenko, defo could see similarities in some mouvements and how light on the feet they both are.

I don't think that's fair on Usyk, Mayweather never was as busy as Usyk. To think a Cruiserweight can have such a high punch output that it puts a lot of lightweights to shame.

I don't think that's fair on Usyk, Mayweather never was as busy as Usyk. To think a Cruiserweight can have such a high punch output that it puts a lot of lightweights to shame.

Usyk's output is indeed ridiculous. Probably threw 500 jabs tonight. Who does this.

Usyk's output is indeed ridiculous. Probably threw 500 jabs tonight. Who does this.
Yeah I know. He doesn't punch that hard but it's like a death from a 1000 needles.

Thought Gassiev was playing it cool for a couple rds but then it became obvious he was befuddled.
Put his rinsing of Joyce into perspective, this cat gonna make waves at HW.

Yeah I know. He doesn't punch that hard but it's like a death from a 1000 needles.

I think he hits hard but he is not punching hard with every punch on purpose. He is there to outbox you for twelve rounds and a crazy gas tank is needed for what he does. Power punching seems to empty the gas tank faster. When he does his combinations its like 3 or 4 punches thrown with 20 to 40 percent power to just make an opening but many combos end with a 100% power punch like a right hook. It was Usyk power shots starting to land more often around round 9 and 10 that completely discouraged Gassiev from even attempting a last all in offensive.

I don't think I predicted 1 fight correctly the whole tournament. Usyk seems for real.

Commentators i had were comparing him to Lomachenko, defo could see similarities in some mouvements and how light on the feet they both are.

Well, considering they have trained together so much, it is no surprising.

Just saw it, and very impressed. Usyk kept Pumping the jab so well. He keeps his stance/posture in such good position, with his glove and/or elbows ready to deflect and negate damage. Very fun to watch. I like his jab and output better than Loma's, but I think Loma is better with every other punch, and has better footwork.

I think Usyk would beat Wilder. I'd need to see a bit more before I'm confident in him beating AJ.

I think this was a great fight. It couldn't have been a back and forth brawl. Usyk, I don't think, is built for that, and Gassiev would steamroll him there. It could only ever be a nail-biter fought on the edge of a careful tightrope the whole way. If Usyk deviated, got sloppy, or wavered too much, Gassiev would have racked up too much damage on him. In truth, a few of his punches - had he been able to build on them - could have been the end for Gassiev.

Although the decision was rather clear (and thankfully there was no back-door Russian trickery), this fight was easily the hardest Usyk ever fought.

Both men interviewed like champs afterward, and I always appreciate that.

Usyk has a clear case for being top 10 p4p now. If he fights Bellew, Bellew loses handily.

I hope he doesn’t fight Tony Bellend next. That will be a huge mismatch.

Could be funny watching Tony getting schooled and embarrassed though..... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm???

I’d happily pay to see usyk vs bellew

Back