Usyk vs Gassiev SUPERFIGHT!

Who wins

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Badr Hari

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score

On paper it's the biggest fight of the year since we have two undefeated young champions going at it for all the four belts. Nice promo put from the WBSS and you can hear Russ Anber and Abel Sanchez here talk about this fight.

Cannot wait for this one.
9E8E14FEF0EB66EE483F59D389FA187E75E642C7

On paper it's the biggest fight of the year since we have two undefeated young champions going at it for all the four belts. Nice promo put from the WBSS and you can hear Russ Anber and Abel Sanchez here talk about this fight.

Other than Joshua vs wilder there isn’t a fight currently that I could be more excited about. And in all honesty this is a better fight ! no fckin clue who wins, not sure who I’m cheering for (will probably be usyk come the fight??).
The mrs is out and I’ve got a few mates coming round and a big bag of cabbage to get through. Can’t fckin wait

I got this right on par with Golovkin/Canelo. Absolutely epic fight.

Genuine superfight.
Fantastic for hardcore boxing fans. A very rare treat indeed.

Can't wait, I'm still picking Gassiev, but props to Usyk taking fight in Russia. I hope Gasman's patience doesn't get him way behind on the cards. I worry about that, but still have faith in him. He's been the outstanding performer in this whole thing so far.

Can't wait, I'm still picking Gassiev, but props to Usyk taking fight in Russia. I hope Gasman's patience doesn't get him way behind on the cards. I worry about that, but still have faith in him. He's been the outstanding performer in this whole thing so far.

My only concern on this fight is the venue. Any close decision is going to gassiev no matter what imo. It should have been somewhere neutral imo especially considering the current situation between the 2 countries

Interview with bellew today saying he’d like the winner but there’s not enough money in it for him to take the fight. Lol What a wanker, they’d both smash him is the reason

Where can I watch it? I am on call this whole weekend, and need something to watch

I am in Moscow for this now and will go to this on Saturday. I cannot wait! It is close to 50/50 imo. I really hope Gassiev can get it done.

watched the video, that's a really solid promo. good stuff.

also, usyk looks like a fucking psychopath. did i understand correctly, and he doesn't actually have a trainer? that doesn't seem right.

can't wait for the fight. i'm leaning towards usyk, but wouldn't be shocked at all if that monster of a man gassiev puts him away.

watched the video, that's a really solid promo. good stuff.

also, usyk looks like a fucking psychopath. did i understand correctly, and he doesn't actually have a trainer? that doesn't seem right.

can't wait for the fight. i'm leaning towards usyk, but wouldn't be shocked at all if that monster of a man gassiev puts him away.

Great great promo. Usyk is indeed a mad man. He is on the same team with Lomachenko and is using his cutman as trainer. It's a 50-50 for me but I'm starting to lean towards Gassiev a lil bit.

Usyk looks like a killer... like, of the serial variety. I thought Dorticos was the slickest dude in the tourney with the best style to test Gassiev, and Gassiev pieced him up. I don't think Usyk is a good as Dorticos tbh... but a very different fighter.

Usyk looks like a killer... like, of the serial variety. I thought Dorticos was the slickest dude in the tourney with the best style to test Gassiev, and Gassiev pieced him up. I don't think Usyk is a good as Dorticos tbh... but a very different fighter.
Dorticos basically just pumped 1-2s at Gassiev hoping to break through with attrition, didn't change levels or tempos much, didn't move his head, Usyk is much trickier proposition

Dorticos basically just pumped 1-2s at Gassiev hoping to break through with attrition, didn't change levels or tempos much, didn't move his head, Usyk is much trickier proposition
Rigo is a glorified 1-2 guy as well, and long and short they both have insane connect rate and accuracy throwing the same combination over and over at this level. Rigo is a master of level changes and tempos, but Dorticos is a decent enough technician with what he does use in his arsenal to land over and over even on good fighters like Gassiev. And he was tough, too and definitely was on "kill mode" when Gassiev beat him. He had zero intent of backing down, and I don't think Usyk is going to have the same power, just many many more looks and more workrate and speed and also mentally tough as well, though he hasnt seen great adversity yet IMO

Dorticos isn't a very slick fighter. He's got some pop, throws a lot, and he's really tough, but he's definitely not slick. I do, however, favour Gassiev by a bit here. Usyk is a very good boxer, but he's plenty hittable, and I don't know if he has the power to really discourage Gassiev down the stretch. Should be a lot of fun, either way. Let's hope that there is no scoring controversy.

Rigo is a glorified 1-2 guy as well, and long and short they both have insane connect rate and accuracy throwing the same combination over and over at this level. Rigo is a master of level changes and tempos, but Dorticos is a decent enough technician with what he does use in his arsenal to land over and over even on good fighters like Gassiev. And he was tough, too and definitely was on "kill mode" when Gassiev beat him. He had zero intent of backing down, and I don't think Usyk is going to have the same power, just many many more looks and more workrate and speed and also mentally tough as well, though he hasnt seen great adversity yet IMO
I would not think of placing Rigo and Dorticos in the same category. For one, Rigo had the boxing IQ to change his strategy if something wasn't working, which is what Dorticos should've done after the first three or four rounds when he wasn't landing anything of note on Gassiev despite throwing almost non-stop.

I don't get the channel that plays this unfortunately so I'll have to find it on YouTube after. It's a great matchup and I'm really glad this tournament has worked out like it has. It could have taken a long time to get these guys in the ring together without it.

Back